• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Predicting that since that Port Town Aero Dive entry inexplicably appeared in the music list, tonight is the night of the long-awaited (by everybody) Captain Falcon and the long-awaited (by me, at least) Port Town stage. Edit: And the White Land music. Like I said, I'm really expecting things to speed up if there are only two months left. >_>

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Predicting that since that Port Town Aero Dive entry inexplicably appeared in the music list, tonight is the night of the long-awaited (by everybody) Captain Falcon and the long-awaited (by me, at least) Port Town stage.

It'll be Landmaster tonight. Landmaster and Za Luigido

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
What Jiggy says makes sense (as always). Port Town is undoubtedly the herald of the Captain.

Soon he will show us his moves.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Iam Canadian said:
What Jiggy says makes sense (as always). Port Town is undoubtedly the herald of the Captain.

Soon he will show us his moves.

But
he already has!

Iam Canadian

Say, Jiggy, I know you kept a list of people who said Marth was out.

I don't suppose you kept a similar one for people who said Ness was out, did you?

Jiggy

Get your spoiler tags and everything inside them out before the thread gets locked, dudes. >_>

Iam Canadian said:
Say, Jiggy, I know you kept a list of people who said Marth was out.

I don't suppose you kept a similar one for people who said Ness was out, did you?
Nobody ever requested one, so no. >_> I should have, though, since I honestly never doubted him.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Nobody ever requested one, so no. >_> I should have, though, since I honestly never doubted him.

It's okay, Jigs. The list is probably just the list of all posters in this thread, minus you, me, and a couple of others, anyway. >_>

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was 50/50 on Ness. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was cut but I wasn't surprised in the least to see him return.

scottnak

Pretty sure I was convinced after the "Up Until Now" wording fiasco.... but then I looked at the japanese and was unconvinced cause I thought it was more vague... but then someone else said it was more confirming... and i flopped again? *shrug*

Good times.

I don't mean to rag on you guys... but are you really going to check Sakurai's updates night after night, when all the info is already out there?

I mean, he's going through spoilers now. If you're avoiding spoilers althogether, fine. But waiting until the spoilers come direct from the company before you're allowed to look at it seems a little... obsessive.

civilstrife said:
I don't mean to rag on you guys... but are you really going to check Sakurai's updates night after night, when all the info is already out there?

I mean, he's going through spoilers now. If you're avoiding spoilers althogether, fine. But waiting until the spoilers come direct from the company before you're allowed to look at it seems a little... obsessive.

It's more interesting coming from Sakurai.

Iam Canadian

civilstrife said:

I already know the spoilers and I'm still checking the updates.

One, the updates have permanently altered my internal clock, to the point that I can't do anything but stay up for the updates.

Two, I like Sakurai's screenshots and writing style.

Finally, I've just grown attached to this thread and would rather not see it die yet.

scottnak

civilstrife said:

Info may be out there. But I'm not going to chance myself at spoiling things that I don't want to. Even with sakurai's updates, you get options to bail out if you want to. And god knows how far things are actually getting spoilered in thsoe threads o death....

And it's sakurai.

civilstrife said:

There are some minor things Dojo will talk about that the spoilers gloss over.

Example:

In depth guide to stat tracking
Kirbys many hats
Screens of all the pokemon or assist trophies

etc

And I dont think hell spoil SSE. Im gold on everything else, but thats one thing I want to experience myself

Jiggy

Some brilliant user by the name of Jiggy37 correctly predicts that Lucas will come before Ness in order to throw the thread into a tizzy about whether Ness made it or not; later on, however, he (she? this mysterious character uses Colette avatars) does botch the call on Captain Falcon going up just before the game's release

--AFTER THIS POINT WE KNEW ABOUT LUCAS--

QuickKick89 wonders if Ness is out
Maxrpg thinks Ness might be out
ezekial45 will miss Ness
WildArms offers a strange enough post that I'm not sure if he forgot the word "out" in there
DarkNinja's inclined to think Ness is gone
Xeke calls that Ness has surely bitten the dust
Kelsonk declares Ness out
Haunted One fears for Ness, at least until that mysterious Jiggy character shows him the light, although Haunted still only gives Ness a chance
ShockingAlberto ventures to say he'd venture to say Ness is gone
AniHawk says Ness is out unless he got new skills
Desperado isn't much for words, but I think this post means fear
CreatureX3 agrees with AniHawk
Big Icarus declares that Ness would be a waste of a character slot
Beezy thinks Ness better be gone
Kevtones likes Ness and worries
Cyan seems to feel the same, but in fairness he does think it's simply more fun to assume the worst, so perhaps he's just playing
MindCollizion bids farewell to Ness, and then reiterates why later
SantaC hopes Ness is finished

Random note:
lockii permaban betted on Ness being in, but nobody ever took him up on it. Too bad. :(

_Alkaline_ asks Amir0x about the "obvious" removal of Ness
MattKeil is pretty sure Ness is gone
fusoya59 is actually happy that, at least in his mind, Ness' chances are getting slimmer
Shig casts doubt on Ness
Dr. Hadji on Ness, and Marth for that matter: they're alternate costumes or they're out

Edit:
CassSept predicts Ness as an assist trophy

--AFTER THIS POINT WE HAD READ THE WORDS "UP UNTIL NOW"--

Dark Ninja says Ness has been replaced
GhettoGamer makes the call that Ness is out
Syth_Blade22 thinks Ness is gone
Milabrega worries for Ness
scola worries even more
MindCollizion is even more sure than earlier that Ness is confirmed gone
Malfunky calls Lucas an updated Ness replacement
Xeke: "Another one bites the dust..."
ohamsie fears for Ness
MrCheez really feels Ness may be gone
Kandinsky is ready to boycott over lack of Ness
layzie1989 mourns Team Bumblebee
Oldschoolgamer says Ness is gone
underfooter thinks there'll be a Ness alternate for Lucas
SuperAndroid17 wants everyone to stop denying that Ness is gone
fusoya59 declares Ness an assist trophy
Insaniac says goodbye to Ness
jj984jj thinks Ness is an alternate for Lucas
Beezy swings Ness away
Cyan says too bad Ness is probably out
Testicular Sound Express says it doesn't look good for Ness
scottnak agrees
Baiano19 says not to expect Ness
Darkpen misses the yo-yo
WastingPenguins worries about Ness
monkey79 is sorry to see Ness go
PepsimanvsJoe says it's a shame about Ness
Crushed depicts Ness' removal
OliveJuice is sad that Ness is gone
flipping_heck bets that Ness is an alternate for Lucas

-Note to self: checked posts up to 11-08-2007, 10:09 PM Pacific-

I'll go ahead and stop it there, since it died down after that, pretty much.

scottnak

All hail Jiggy. He still has 3 months of dojo life to go through... Intense. Though I would imagine it must've petered out eventually...

Iam Canadian

...Wow, Jiggy.

I don't know what to admire/fear more; your devotion to statistics, or your mind-blowing speed at gathering and compiling said statistics.

Look! You killed Firestorm's ability to use capitalization!

m00

civilstrife said:
I can't speak for anyone else here, but that's the plan as far as I'm concerned.

civilstrife said:
You say "obsessive" like it's a bad thing. :D

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
...Wow, Jiggy.

I don't know what to admire/fear more; your devotion to statistics, or your mind-blowing speed at gathering and compiling said statistics.

Look! You killed Firestorm's ability to use capitalization!
Just takes a search of "Ness"... though it looks like that's 20 pages of stuff to wade through.
Intense work indeed.

This means in the end, Jiggy will be able to calculate the optimal moves for each opponent and each move at each level. Making him an unstoppable player.

Firestorm

I'm staying with the update. I've been going daily with them since the beginning. I've been an SSBB news junkie since the day it was announced. I was working for QJ at the time and I think I wrote 5 articles on Smash that night. I had like 20 IMs going of freaking out with people over MSN XD Followed the whole thing obsessively ever since.

Dojo updates.. I didn't even miss them on vacation. Got my friend to text me the update when I left Winnipeg for a 2 day Greyhound ride back home. He sent me the wrong update >_>; I used WiFi on my laptop in I believe Regina and somewhere in Alberta for the two updates I missed so I was still caught up daily. I am such a friggin nerd when it comes to this game.

Jiggy

Yeah, really, all I did was search for Ness, find the day that Lucas was revealed, and then went and abused the Ctrl+F function through the next several pages.

scottnak said:
All hail Jiggy. He still has 3 months of dojo life to go through... Intense. Though I would imagine it must've petered out eventually...
I'll make a comeback in 2015 when the Dojo Mark 2 starts up. >_>

scottnak said:
This means in the end, Jiggy will be able to calculate the optimal moves for each opponent and each move at each level. Making him an unstoppable player.
I have to admit, I'm a little sad that nobody yet has gone through all the moves to figure out exactly how much damage each one does when it's being used for the first time in a match. It's not like I'm expecting people to have dug into the ISO and figured out how to calculate knockback amounts just yet, but I could write down the amount of damage a character's ~22-25 moves do in like two minutes for each. :(

Iam Canadian

Jiggy won't need damage algorthims. By the time the game's out, he will have replaced us all with his android copies, and as the programmer of the androids, he'll be able to out-play our AI.

scottnak said:
Just takes a search of "Ness"... though it looks like that's 20 pages of stuff to wade through.
Intense work indeed.

"If I calculate the trajectory of this attack, combined with the optimal damage percentage, I should be able to launch a KO at the exact time...HEY! I TOLD YOU NOT TO ATTACK!"

Jiggy

Keru_Shiri said:
I did not realize so many people doubted Ness' return.
The crazier thing is that I didn't even get anywhere close to the part of the thread where Lucas' special moves were revealed along with that infamous "up until now" phrase. >_> Time will only tell how many more links I can pull out of that part.

I don't blame people that thought Ness was out.

It's like if the Dojo unveiled
Lucario
, and we saw that he had a similar moveset to
Mewtwo
. I wouldn't blame people for assuming that
Mewtwo
would be out, which
he is.

By the way Jiggy, is there a gian list of people that made ban bets? Have we punished these people yet? I seem to recall someone making a ban bet that either Bomberman or Waluigi would be in.

Jiggy

ProfessorLobo said:
I don't blame people that thought Ness was out.

[...]similar moveset[...]
Yeah, but what kills me is that people were calling that Ness was out long before we'd seen more than two of Lucas' moves. And those moves weren't even Ness' moves in the first place:

lucas_071001a-l.jpg
lucas_071001c-l.jpg

It's not like they were showing PK Fire, PK Thunder, and PSI Magnet that first day. >_>

ProfessorLobo said:
By the way Jiggy, is there a gian list of people that made ban bets? Have we punished these people yet? I seem to recall someone making a ban bet that either Bomberman or Waluigi would be in.
That'd be hard to track because "ban" can't be searched for. :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, but what kills me is that people were calling that Ness was out long before we'd seen more than two of Lucas' moves. And those moves weren't even Ness' moves in the first place:

lucas_071001a-l.jpg
lucas_071001c-l.jpg

It's not like they were showing PK Fire, PK Thunder, and PSI Magnet that first day. >_>

That'd be hard to track because "ban" can't be searched for. :(

That second pic actually is PSI Magnet done in the air >_>

Iam Canadian

dragonlife29 said:
Come on, Jigglypuff! Now's your night!

I have a feeling that it'll be one of the original four unlockables tonight.

I would actually have said Jigglypuff myself, except for the mysterious addition of Port Town to the My Music starter list. It seems to me that it foreshadows a certain Captain who shares a name with an avian species.

Jiggy37 said:
The crazier thing is that I didn't even get anywhere close to the part of the thread where Lucas' special moves were revealed along with that infamous "up until now" phrase.

Oh, God, "up until now". Those three words are going to haunt me forever, I'm sure of it. I was 100% convinced that Ness would be back up until then, and I didn't even entertain the possibility that he would be cut. After that, though...I started to fear the worst. Still, belief persevered.

UP UNTIL NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom