• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

cdyhybrid

You are too negative. I hate the seachickens but I consider all of Seahawks-age to be my brothers and I would be happy for you personally if Seattle finally tasted that championship cum

Most of the SF regulars are cool except the piss-drinking guy (that's just weird), but new posters must be toughened up.

KmLRtbI.jpg

:jnc

Nameless

Isnt there a lot of talk about the reason the 9ers have so many delay/wasted timeouts is because everything is being called from the sidelines and that Keap has very little pre-snap responsibilities?

More a result of two plays being called every down, each typically containing several moving parts. Roman likes to lull defenses into confusion with endless shifts, motions, unconventional formations, and weird wrinkles to conventional formations. Same thing was the norm with Alex.

JABEE

Gata, I respectfully decline your offer to root for the Patriots. You are free to root for them as you are a representative of Pats-GAF.

Kap gets 2 plays called in. He can let it roll or kill. The problem is there is a delay getting the plays in. Part of it is coaching, part kap. Needs to get in faster but sometimes he needs to run the fucking play

If anything, I feel like a lot of times it's on the rest of the offense too. Seems like a lot of the times Kap is motioning for people to get into the right position.

The 49ers need to get the playcall situation sorted out quick. Even if they can play well enough to win @ Carolina, you don't have the luxury of time or quiet playing @ Seattle, you need to just call a damn play and run with it. Either that or get to the line with 20 seconds left so you can have time to audible properly.

squicken

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
O'Brien likes big QBs. I could see #Texans trying to trade w #Patriots for Ryan Mallett, going diff direction in draft

Just when I think I am finally back in, they push me away

JABEE

I have no problem with him wanting some guaranteed money going forward. Eagles rip up the last 3 years do another 5 year deal basically the same as the last one. The unguaranteed years dont matter so it would basically be another 2 year deal. He has been great this year, and you really cant blame him for the fact that Foles dosent look his way. He made plays every time he was targeted on Saturday. They just need to go to him more.

I don't understand why everyone is trying to make Desean Jackson out to be Terrell Owens.

He is going to need to restructure his deal anyway. The Eagles want to lower the $12.5M cap hit coming up this season. Jackson also wants some more guaranteed money.

As long as Jackson doesn't want Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson money, this is no big deal.

HawkeyeIC

The 49ers need to get the playcall situation sorted out quick. Even if they can play well enough to win @ Carolina, you don't have the luxury of time or quiet playing @ Seattle, you need to just call a damn play and run with it. Either that or get to the line with 20 seconds left so you can have time to audible properly.

Been this way 3 years. It's not getting fixed this week.

MechDX

Its for the best. Dutch needs a back up plan for when Brady retires.

Personally I don't think it will happen. One of the reasons BOB wanted this job was to pick his own QB in the draft and develop him. I do see them dropping down a few spots and taking Bortles though.

I don't understand why everyone is trying to make Desean Jackson out to be Terrell Owens.

He is going to need to restructure his deal anyway. The Eagles want to lower the $12.5M cap hit coming up this season. Jackson also wants some more guaranteed money.

As long as Jackson doesn't want Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson money, this is no big deal.

Exactly, they got him signed last time and they will resign him again. You are spot on about them wanting to lower his cap hit anyways, so this will work out well for both sides. He had a great season this year, no way should he have to risk playing with nothing guaranteed. I wouldnt even want him out there trying to protect himself.

Its for the best. Dutch needs a back up plan for when Brady retires.

Personally I don't think it will happen. One of the reasons BOB wanted this job was to pick his own QB in the draft and develop him. I do see them dropping down a few spots and taking Bortles though.

I like your new avatar!

Terrible news Eagles fans. Adam Caplan has taken a full time job at ESPN and will not be on Eagles Live next year. Sucks because I loved when he was on. I wonder who they will get to replace him?

Sanjuro

Who didn't play with them this year..and with less than a week before the game? If you're desperate I guess..

He played with the team last season, which is comprised roughly the same on the sidelines. You have inexperienced players on the field who still probably don't understand the playbook from front to back. Branch, out of anyone, would understand better than most players ever would.

Colts need additional depth. I don't see why they wouldn't bring him in.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
These guys have PM'ed me their info for inclusion:
DMczaf
Coldplay619
JABEE
TheBatman
Futurevoid
Buckethead
Bread
Greg
Fantomex
ConradCervantes
The Frankman
KaYotiX
BlackGhost
Doomsayer
Tom Penny
chris.trejo
BaltimoreLarry
TheArtfulDodger
TragicComedy
WedgeX
Nori Chan
unknownstranger
Dutch Patriot

I need community input for prison bios for these:

Coldplay619 (Bengals)
JABEE (Eagles)
TheBatman (Browns)
Futurevoid (Giants)
Bread (Pats)
Greg (Packers)
chris.trejo (Dolphins)
Dutch Patriot (Pats)
BlackGhost (Browns)
ConradCervantes (Packers)
KaYotiX (Packers)
TheArtfulDodger (Raiders)

Taking suggestions/contributions from anyone, otherwise I'll be trolling post histories combined with GAF team stereotypes to come up with an appropriate mocking bio. 250 char limit!

And here's the master list of who's in (not counting the list above). Pretty much all of them have no real bio, date of birth, or any other info set for them outside of some random defaults. Names that are striked out have bios provided to them by the community.

eznark
MechDX
Godslay
squicken
SpinDasher
FrenchMovieTheme
chuckddd
Kave_Man
yankeehater
Cloudy
Kastrioti
RBH
Fox318
Rorschach
Slo
cajunator
cdyhybrid
Alligatorjandro
bionic77
Lunchbox
Jason "jakncoke" Bay
Big Baybee
MrBob
LJ11
Ninja Scooter
Sanjuro
Tamanon
NomarTyme
vas_a_morir
Tabris
Squall ASF
Konka
tmdorsey
pelicansurf
Narag
Grover Cleveland
Bowser
sf2fanatic
Chanhuk
Matrix
BannedEpisode
rando14
DeaconKnowledge
snes

If you want to add your name to the list or are on the list but want to provide specific info, here's what I need:

For anyone interested, I'll need some info:

* How you want your name displayed - Easiest way to do this would either be just using your GAF username, or giving me a First and Last name and I'll use your username for the Nickname (in this case, your character name will appear like the Jason "jakncoke" Bay screenshot.)
* Bio (250 character max) - though I get the feeling this would be best done by the community at large. ;P
* Date of birth
* How you want your character to be displayed - Body type (skinny, medium, large/muscled, large/fat) and skin tone (pale, white, tan. brown, black).

And that's it. I think the rap sheet is randomly generated.

TheFatOne

Spikes is done for the year.

Not at all surprised who looked terrible the last game, and has been battling that knee injury for a bit. Not really a huge loss.
Fuck.

Mallett for a 2nd

Honestly not a big loss. Maybe against the run, but Spikes hasn't been himself for a while now.

Not like they would have to give much to get him. The best the Pats could hope for would be a third maybe even a second, but the second is wishful thinking.
Pats cannot afford to lose anymore guys on defense. Especially linebackers.

Spikes hasn't been great. Not a terrible loss.

Not at all surprised who looked terrible the last game, and has been battling that knee injury for a bit. Not really a huge loss.

Honestly not a big loss. Maybe against the run, but Spikes hasn't been himself for a while now.

Not like they would have to give much to get him. The best the Pats could hope for would be a third maybe even a second, but the second is wishful thinking.

Spikes hasn't been great. Not a terrible loss.
Its true that he hasnt been that great but they dont have any other LBs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What is this exactly? Also, does this prison serve only fast food? If so, I'm in.

Prison Architect is essentially a mix of Simcity and Theme Hospital. Except with prisons. Still in alpha right now.

As for food, meal quality is something that can be set, but I dunno if there's a lot of in-game visual differences coded just yet outside of how satisfied prisoners are after eating.

You can also assign prisoners to kitchen duty, but I don't think that affects food quality yet.

Can't wait to see who shanks who first with stolen utensils!

Sanjuro

So this is an inclusive prison no Chick Fila allowed.

Chick-fil-A is da best.

Prison Architect is essentially a mix of Simcity and Theme Hospital. Except with prisons. Still in alpha right now.

As for food, meal quality is something that can be set, but I dunno if there's a lot of in-game visual differences coded just yet outside of how satisfied prisoners are after eating.

You can also assign prisoners to kitchen duty, but I don't think that affects food quality yet.

Ah. Interesting.

TheFatOne

Its true that he hasnt been that great but they dont have any other LBs.

That's true but Spikes can only do one thing, and that's stop the run. He is absolutely useless for anything else. Not a big loss, but they need the bodies. Well it means more Fletcher and Hightower which can be terrible. That's the only real issue I see.

Spinluck

More information about the Patriots offense than anyone else on the Colts roster?

I think it's more about defense.

Pagano has given Brady fits when he coached for Baltimore, even with a full Pats roster (he had much more defensive talent though lol), which is basically Gronk. Pats biggest threats are in the backfield, minus Dola and that punt returner guy who plays WR.

Top Bottom