• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Wild Card |OT| The Return of Jafar

brentech

Still trying to decide how to do this playthrough. Do it from the start properly with little money and see what happens? Mod the savefile and get a ton of money and build out a proper prison first? Go for a lax setup or go all-in with metal detectors, dog patrols, etc?
!
I'd do two attempts. 1 with a lot of money, and make it a huge ass prison barracks with one or 2 huge holding cells with a shit load of beds and toilets. See if any huge riots start and who died.

Someone on reddit said that setup actually worked for him.

Then do a legit one as well.

JABEE

Hmmm

I wonder if the Eagles are going to draft a WR in the 1st round.

Howie said he looks at money at high draft picks when determining whether to bring back Maclin and Cooper.

He said he talked to Maclin today and Maclin wants to come back. They just have to see how it works out.

cdyhybrid

I'm surprised at the lack of bandwagon SD fans here in LA, they are usually first when it comes to bandwagoning a sports team.

The common sports fan doesn't possess the wisdom we do in this thread. NFL-Age knows that 6 seeds are locks to win the Super Bowl, but the general public isn't that educated. Otherwise, they would indeed be lifelonging the Chargers.

Deion Branch confirmed a spy for Sith Lord Belichick?

09000d5d822469b1_video_rhr_280_210.jpg

Hmmm

I wonder if the Eagles are going to draft a WR in the 1st round.

Howie said he looks at money at high draft picks when determining whether to bring back Maclin and Cooper.

He said he talked to Maclin today and Maclin wants to come back. They just have to see how it works out.

I am listening to him as well right now. Dont like that he said to not expect them to be active in FA. I r3eally hope that was just a smoke screen. They have way to many holes to fill with one draft.

duxstar

Why the fuck is the media and everyone jumping on the niners bandwagon all the sudden. Im a diehard niners fan and hate this shit. The Niners are not good as favorites at all, and i feel like every team the media hypes up loses in the championship game (See falcons, Broncos last year).

Id rather be the underdog. Personally i hated the way we won in green bay (Im ecstatic we won). Kaepernick against good defenses tries to run/escape the pocket like he does against bad teams and gets sacked for a loss.

cdyhybrid

Why the fuck is the media and everyone jumping on the niners bandwagon all the sudden. Im a diehard niners fan and hate this shit. The Niners are not good as favorites at all, and i feel like every team the media hypes up loses in the championship game (See falcons, Broncos last year).

Id rather be the underdog. Personally i hated the way we won in green bay (Im ecstatic we won). Kaepernick against good defenses tries to run/escape the pocket like he does against bad teams and gets sacked for a loss.

Niners are one of the flagship bandwagon destinations. Sorry brah. You can remedy this by rooting for the Panthers this weekend so all the lifelongs go away, though.

andthebeatgoeson

I have no problem with him wanting some guaranteed money going forward. Eagles rip up the last 3 years do another 5 year deal basically the same as the last one. The unguaranteed years dont matter so it would basically be another 2 year deal. He has been great this year, and you really cant blame him for the fact that Foles dosent look his way. He made plays every time he was targeted on Saturday. They just need to go to him more.

Are you arguing he's being overlooked? Cuz his career suggests he just can't find a way. 3 QBs and he's never been over 10 TDs. He disappears in big games. And he's done this 3 times already. Flashes of greatness but nothing sustained. I love the guy but to ask this many times, it's wearing. I'm mostly responding to the previous times. Is he still with Rosenhaus?

Niners are one of the flagship bandwagon destinations. Sorry brah. You can remedy this by rooting for the Panthers this weekend so all the lifelongs go away, though.

Lol the Seahawks have been placed in the Super Bowl from the beginning of the season. Niners are getting love today, Seahawks have had their dicks sucked all year. The games are played on the field not in the media. I'm just glad florio hates the niners and loves the Seahawks. It lets me know I am right

Are you arguing he's being overlooked? Cuz his career suggests he just can't find a way. 3 QBs and he's never been over 10 TDs. He disappears in big games. And he's done this 3 times already. Flashes of greatness but nothing sustained. I love the guy but to ask this many times, it's wearing. I'm mostly responding to the previous times. Is he still with Rosenhaus?
No Joel Segal is his agent now.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think that's a big part of it. DET is so screwed from a cap perspective that they are stuck with Suh, Stafford and CJ. If you are a coach, what if you don't want your professional fate tied to fatty and Suh occupying $40m/yr of the cap? There's little in the way of changing the culture there with a team so locked in to so much money to so few guys

Yeah, who would want a Pro Bowl QB*, Pro Bowl WR, and a Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle? Plus the #10 pick in the draft. What a horrible situation to get into. Tony Dungy and many others say Detroit is the most attractive job for a reason. Ken Whisenhunt will be here once the Chargers win their Superbowl.

On that note happy 27th birthday to the best defensive lineman in the game, Ndamukong Suh!

Ndamukong_Suh_130122053_620x350.jpg

Lol the Seahawks have been placed in the Super Bowl from the beginning of the season. Niners are getting love today, Seahawks have had their dicks sucked all year. The games are played on the field not in the media. I'm just glad florio hates the niners and loves the Seahawks. It lets me know I am right

Seriously. Any Panthers or Seahawks fans complaining about Niners talk in the media needs to remember that your teams dick has been getting sucked almost all year long (just not as long for the panthers).

Talamius

Seriously. Any Panthers or Seahawks fans complaining about Niners talk in the media needs to remember that your teams dick has been getting sucked almost all year long (just not as long for the panthers).

As a Panther fan, I love the fact that we're being completely overlooked by the media.

As a Panther fan, I love the fact that we're being completely overlooked by the media.

Really? Because I've seen a lot more in the national media the last 5 weeks for the Panthers than the 49ers, baring today and yesterday.

edit: Also we've been left for dead at least twice this year by the media. Not that it matters but its funny observing what the media covers and to what lengths it goes to try and create a story.

Tom Penny

Denver has always been the favorite in the AFC. If the Hawks didn't have home field SF would be the favorite..Panthers just get overlooked.

effzee

The play calling felt a bit like the old days with Reid. When Mcnabb would start out slow and Reid would call more passing plays, afterwards he would always say you have to let the QB pass himself out of a slump. The first series was enough to see that Foles was feeling the moment a bit, they should have adjusted to more runs/short passes until he got all the nerves out. Oh well hopefully this was a learning experience and not a wonderful opportunity totally wasted.

Yeah I can't believe I didn't realize why the game felt strangely sadly so familiar.

It might as well have been a Reid called game.

This guy...after that game? Not showing up in another big game? THIS FUCKIN GUY!

Not showing up? He can't throw himself the ball. He was used mostly as a decoy and when they did throw his way he came away with a huge catch in a jump ball situation and then got the PI call.

The game plan seemed to use him as a decoy the whole time. Foles favorite targets seem to be Cooper and holding onto the ball.

You have to remember there is another team on the field that is influencing the way Chip is calling plays. You can't just say "they should have ran more runs/screen passes" and expect that to automagically work. It looked like the Saints were well-prepared to stop the screens and runs. Hats off to Rob Ryan and the Saints D for their gameplan. They got the offense to start slow and by the time they found something that worked, it was (mostly) too late.

My point is that they went away from the run in a close game. I am not taking credit away from the Saints but we seemed to give up on the run way too quick. Even if McCoy gets no where on 4-5 rush attempts, stick to it he might break one any moment. But if on offense the ball isn't in his hands or Desean's, we can't expect to win with Foles throwing his way out of a slump.

Saints D isn't good enough to cover all the TEs, RBs, and WRs. Foles had a huge part of not getting the offense in motion. And Chip didn't call his best game. Saints weren't thrown off like most other teams have been.

I have confidence that Chip will be able to adjust and tweak his system this offseason to offset the things that defenses were doing to slow us down. I also think adding another dynamic weapon is key. McCoy and Jackson can only do so much.

Maclin.

We already have 2-3 TEs who can catch. Bryce Brown needs to be more involved. That's a lot of weapons and way more than most teams have. Its just getting them the ball.

I am listening to him as well right now. Dont like that he said to not expect them to be active in FA. I r3eally hope that was just a smoke screen. They have way to many holes to fill with one draft.

I would be really against this philosophy myself.

I don't know the FA class this year but I want our defense to be a really good D. We need the draft and FA to fix that right now, and not a slow process for a build up in year 5.

As I said earlier, the core is young but McCoy at RB is going to age fast. Peters (LT) and Herremans (G) are on the wrong side of 30. Desean's game is predicated on speed and he is going into year 7. We can't just wait around. RG3 is going to be healthy and if the Skins fix their D even a little bit they will contend for the division. I don't expect Manning and the Giants to have another terrible season. Cowboys suck.

They have to strike now and go for it as much as they can in Chip's year 2.

DoubleTap

Really? Because I've seen a lot more in the national media the last 5 weeks for the Panthers than the 49ers, baring today and yesterday.

edit: Also we've been left for dead at least twice this year by the media. Not that it matters but its funny observing what the media covers and to what lengths it goes to try and create a story.

Tell me about it. It was all about Green Bay after the game on the usual networks. On top of that, the NFL show with Faulk and co. sounded like someone died.

effzee

Now that the Eagles are out..

I guess I root for the Chargers? To keep the Eagles first home game opponent = SB winner streak alive.

Any team but the Broncos.

I think that's a big part of it. DET is so screwed from a cap perspective that they are stuck with Suh, Stafford and CJ. If you are a coach, what if you don't want your professional fate tied to fatty and Suh occupying $40m/yr of the cap? There's little in the way of changing the culture there with a team so locked in to so much money to so few guys

I can't see Suh sticking with this sorry team, unless next season is a huge improvement.

Also btw, watching good QBs this weekend really drove the point home about Stafford: what's his excuse? Anyone think the Chargers have more healthy offensive weapons than Detroit? What about Indy's injured O-line. Stafford has the weapons, including two potent RBs who can catch the ball, a redzone monster of a TE, a decent slot WR, and the best WR in the god damn league. Again, what's his excuse.

People have been saying Stafford needs "one more weapon" every year. I seem to remember a few folks here talking about how amazing this offense would be after we signed Bush. Now they're claiming we just didn't have enough weapons. Stafford has sucked for two years, and if he doesn't get better we're fucked.

oh and btw, Megatron...good luck staying healthy with Stafford throwing high over the middle on slants, non stop. Dude is getting killed out there every Sunday due to overthrown, high, or behind passes.

cdyhybrid

What world is this?

Seahawks secured the 1 seed and got like 30 seconds on Sportscenter. Sure, we were picked highly (along with SF) but outside of that no one talks about us.

Top Bottom