• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Man, I haven't counted it directly yet, but Marth's going to be the winner for highest number of screenshots in one day due to all those Dancing Blade shots being split up individually.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jiggy37 said:
It worked that way before, but it sucked last time around. It probably won't in Brawl since all videos seen so far (including the non-spoiler ones) have shown pretty decisively that the Smash team was concentrating on making sure that attacks that are meant to combo will actually combo in this game instead of knocking the opponent out of range... I'm guessing Marth will have a much easier time connecting with his four attacks.

Edit: For the record, I've only watched one multiplayer video with Marth and the player didn't use that attack, so I don't know for sure. >_>
bu-bu-bu-but smashboards said that combos were impossible, game isn't competitive anymore

lulz

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
Man, I haven't counted it directly yet, but Marth's going to be the winner for highest number of screenshots in one day due to all those Dancing Blade shots being split up individually.

I didn't know you kept track of "most screenshots in a day," too. Unless Excel is doing that for you easily, which would make sense.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've avoided all the spoiler threads though. How could I know? Either I'm just lucky so far or I've been subconsciously influenced by something.

Firestorm said:
I believe in Melee that the only combo that was different was the final hit. You either did a strong strike or a multi-hit combo. The combo in Brawl is a lot faster and cooler looking.

I thought I still saw the multi hit ending with down+Special in vids... Judging by the pics Sakurai posted however, the down+special attack that hits third is no longer a meteor, but rather an overhead attack.

The only diff that I've seen so far, aside from his counter damage, is this Dolphin slash, which is actually a stab now.

Jiggy

Danthrax said:
I didn't know you kept track of "most screenshots in a day," too. Unless Excel is doing that for you easily, which would make sense.
No, it's just that the occasions where it's happened have been really obvious, with Lucas' special moves and then the Kirby hat--oh, wait, I forgot about the Kirby hat. Marth might not have won after all. Time to find out!

scottnak

grandjedi6 said:
I've avoided all the spoiler threads though. How could I know? Either I'm just lucky so far or I've been subconsciously influenced by something.
Something must've slipped. Embedded in your subconscious... and pop up conveniently at the exact right time!

Or you're just really good at this. Heh.

(PS: Gaf dying due to imminency of the big milestone yes?)

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
grandjedi6 said:

The Force, obviously.

[edit] I'm the last of the 59,000s!

miss-america-2.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Crushed said:
bu-bu-bu-but smashboards said that combos were impossible, game isn't competitive anymore

lulz

I know I'm responding to a joke post but get this.

In brawl apparently attacks that are repeated not only do less damage (ala SSB and SSBM) but also less knockback. This means if you're really good you can hopefully keep a combo going by spamming the right attack against the right character at the right percentage.

King Combo!

Feep

Banned
We did it! Sixtay kay!

Edit: Yeah, I played Brawl for the first time tonight, and Marth still kicks ass. The new combo system will generally land as long as the opponent is under 100%.

Sciz

Huh. Now I can't help but wonder what the statistical and tactical differences between the attacks of his side+B are, even though I never play the guy.

and go go gadget 60k

edit:
Crushed said:
Oh, and Wario's jaw is hilarious here:
hidden02_080207f-l.jpg
Poor Wario. Oh well, a little water or sunlight will fix him right up.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Danthrax said:
http://thelawnsrealm.com/images/90002.PNG[img]
[b][i]IT'S OVER 60,000!!![/i][/b]

[spoiler]it had to be said[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

NO IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE SAID, GODDAMN I WISH WE WERE STILL IN THE DAYS WHEN ANY FUCKING NUMBER COULD BE SPOKEN OF ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT PEOPLE MAKING THAT OVERUSED, MURDERED, ROTTED CORPSE OF A JOKE SERIOUSLY "HEY GUYS MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 5 DAYS" "5 DAYS!??! IT'S OVER NINE THOUUUUUUSAAAAAAND DAYS AWAY" "THANKS A LOT JACKASS, NOW MY BIRTHDAY IS CANCELED AND MY DOG IS DEAD"
[I]
FUCK[/I]

Firestorm

Crushed said:
NO IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE SAID, GODDAMN I WISH WE WERE STILL IN THE DAYS WHEN ANY FUCKING NUMBER COULD BE SPOKEN OF ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT PEOPLE MAKING THAT OVERUSED, MURDERED, ROTTED CORPSE OF A JOKE

FUCK

foxanddiddy9000.gif I'd post the actual gif but I want to go to bed and am lazy

Penguin said:
Longest running thread. :D

Marth wasn't someone used much though.

I hope you mean personally in your group of friends.

Jiggy

I always hated Marth in Melee because he and every other sword character was the counter to Jigglypuff, but this time I have Meta Knight as a workable flying character who also has the disjointed hitbox of a sword in order to be able to compete. This time, Marth, you will fall.

Link Man

Banned
Crushed said:
NO IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE SAID, GODDAMN I WISH WE WERE STILL IN THE DAYS WHEN ANY FUCKING NUMBER COULD BE SPOKEN OF ON THE INTERNET WITHOUT PEOPLE MAKING THAT OVERUSED, MURDERED, ROTTED CORPSE OF A JOKE SERIOUSLY "HEY GUYS MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 5 DAYS" "5 DAYS!??! IT'S OVER NINE THOUUUUUUSAAAAAAND DAYS AWAY" "THANKS A LOT JACKASS, NOW MY BIRTHDAY IS CANCELED AND MY DOG IS DEAD"

FUCK
ScrewyouInternet.jpg

Keru_Shiri said:
I thought Marth's f+smash and dair were nerfed?

I love playing as Marth in Melee, but I hope so. That spike of his is too vicious. I saw a Brawl video where Marth d-aired someone (Fox?) onto the stage at a medium damage % and whoever he spiked was able to jump again before he hit the platform. Seems like spikes like that are a lot more reasonable now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Crushed said:

FUCK

:lol :lol :lol holy crap, fantastic meltdown!

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
I always hated Marth in Melee because he and every other sword character was the counter to Jigglypuff, but this time I have Meta Knight as a workable flying character who also has the disjointed hitbox of a sword in order to be able to compete. This time, Marth, you will fall.

d-throw, f-smash?
or was it f-throw, f-smash?
I know it ended in an f-smash.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Keru_Shiri said:
Hey now, I meant in relation to melee. Plus, I meant not me that noticed, but a friend.

*shit*

Haha, it's okay to have mancrushes on effeminate Japanese swordsmen.
right?

[editage] Hey hold on, isn't this the same girl we were talking about last night, who Jiggy said is the cutest character IHO?:
ScrewyouInternet.jpg

RagnarokX

Firestorm said:
foxanddiddy9000.gif I'd post the actual gif but I want to go to bed and am lazy

I hope you mean personally in your group of friends.
lol, I made that gif but it kills my bandwidth every time I upload it... I also made a video version of it with sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom