• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

careksims

SovanJedi said:
Bloody hell, over 60,000 posts about just one game. Nice.

Yup Just for one game and it did 800K+ over in the Land of the Rising Sun! Imagine what it can do in the rest of the world!

Even is my boy, Roy, isn't in there, he should've been a AT or a sticker at least.

Metal B

careksims said:
Yup Just for one game and it did 800K+ over in the Land of the Rising Sun! Imagine what it can do in the rest of the world!

Even is my boy, Roy, isn't in there, he should've been a AT or a sticker at least.

He is a fighter and he is on the SSBB Disc ... dont know why he is not playable =/ They could be run out of time. Also on the Disc are Dixie, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and Minun & Plusle.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Crushed, why do you hate awesome characters? Is it because you hate freedom?

Rancid Mildew said:
However, Brawl Marth certainly is though I'm not complaining. ;)

It's clearly a ploy to make him more appealing to the Japanese audience.

(I'm kidding...mostly)

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
marc^o^ said:
To importers: I heard you have to be in Japan to play this game online. Is it the same for friend code matches? I intend to import the US copy but not if the online play is broken :-/

I'm in the US. Right now I'm unable to do "With Anyone" matches at all (it never finds opponents), but friend code matches do work. However, every match I've had has been laggy...

I played a dude in the UK and it was ultra laggy (Unplayable) and I played a guy in the east coast (I'm in the west coast) and it was just kinda laggy (playable).

This might be because Nintendo doesn't have their US servers set up, though? Not sure. But thats where it lies with the japanese version for importers right now.

Jiggy

VeritasVierge said:
I think it's because of how much you wanted her in Brawl. The problem with that is that she would bring Lloyd with her and who wants him around?
Yeah, even I have to recognize that as a problem. ;_; Lloyd sucks. This is why I'm hoping that he goes legitimately evil in Dawn of the New World, as opposed to mind-control evil or impostor evil or rumor-blown-out-of-proportion evil, and that I can kill him off!

HK-47 said:
I forget what it called, but he actually is wearing a piece of his sisters clothing. She gets taken hostage, so he wears it to remind himself what he's fighting for.
:lol Suddenly I like Marth quite a bit more. This is great!

Metal B said:
EDIT THAT OUT NOW. >_>
Even the characters who are not playable are spoilers because they're not playable, I'd say.

Jiggy

Friday is the greatest summoner of stage updates and adventure mode updates. I'll take a wild guess that stages are out since we already had two this week, and I'm not expecting a Subspace Emissary update either. Characters, a second-place position for Fridays? Nah. Had Marth yesterday. Assist trophies in third place--not happening, with Wednesday's huge assist trophy update. Music in third place... Ah, that sounds about right. Predicting one of the themes that plays in Port Town Aero Dive.

But wait! Out of the last 14 music updates that were actual music (i.e. ignoring First Songs in My Music), none of them were standalone updates. The last standalone music music update was on August 8th. So I have to pick something to go along with it.

Final smash? But we've already seen Ness' and Marth's, and Zero Suit Samus' is nothing special. Special moves? The only ones left are veterans. ...Ah, wait, I've got it.

I predict one of the Port Town Aero Dive themes and the Data page. The perfect combination, since there's nothing quite as exhilarating as numbers.

Iam Canadian

I like the new avatar, Jiggy.

(Better than that one with Colette in the green outfit, which I actually didn't like so much.)

Anyway, let's see what we've got for possible updates...

The gap between Ness and Marth more or less showed that we're not getting all of the secret characters consecutively. So a secret fighter is (mostly) out of the question.

Stage? Doubtful. We just got Port Town.

There are no worthwhile Final Smashes left to deal with. However, I'm not ruling out Zamus' Final Smash entirely since it's not like we haven't gotten any non-secret material since the Japanese release. However, I still think it's unlikely since we also haven't gotten any updates relating to existing characters since Japan got the Game of the Forever.

I actually don't expect a Game Mode at this juncture. I think that the Game Mode video update more or less covered all of the bases in that respect. Here's where I part ways with Jiggy.

However, a music update is likely, and F-Zero hasn't received one yet. Combine that with the unveiling of Port Town and I think that we should be getting a song with that stage.

However, as Jiggy said, music updates are always paired with something. So what will it be paired with?

Hmmm...unfortunately, my gut is indicating a new normal item or Pokeball. However, my gut is incorrect more than it's right, at least when it comes to predicting Sakurai's moves.

However, given enough time, a thousand monkeys pounding at a thousand typewriters will eventually produce Shakespeare. Given that, my gut has to be right eventually.

So I'm going with music and an item update.

turk128

HK-47 said:
I forget what it called, but he actually is wearing a piece of his sisters clothing. She gets taken hostage, so he wears it to remind himself what he's fighting for.
Yeah, sure... whatever floats his boat I guess.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
I like the new avatar, Jiggy.

(Better than that one with Colette in the green outfit, which I actually didn't like so much.)
It's still around. But I'm probably going to switch back to the zoomed-in version for that.
Edit: But yeah, I wanted to have some kind of Smash Bros representation in the avatar rotation even in this interim period where my Photobucket bandwidth is still down and I figured editing a weapon shaped like a circle anyway would fit the bill. :D

turk128 said:
Yeah, sure... whatever floats his boat I guess.
Pretty much. :lol But hey, it legitimately added to Marth's character for me.

Iam Canadian

crowphoenix said:
Is that the Circlet he wearing?

I'm pretty sure that's his, seeing as he's a king and all.

Jiggy37 said:
It's still around. But I'm probably going to switch back to the zoomed-in version for that.

Yeah. I mean, I like Colette, I'm just not a fan of that particular art of her. But, eh, whatever.

OliveJuice said:
I predict the game intro movie.

Actually, this is a distinct possibility. Now that we have Ness and Marth, anyway. >_>

I'm tempted to switch my prediction, but...no. Stick with the gut. It will pay off in the end!

Jiggy

I almost went with the intro movie myself, but figured it would be too much of a gimme prediction to win me any points even if I was right. Besides, I think they might be saving the intro video as something special for only the people who buy the game. And us unwashed spoiler-viewing types.

Jiggy

Osaka said:
Man, I cant look at your posts seriously when you're sporting that cute avatar. :(
Yes, that's what she's there for. To deflect hostility and, worse yet, people taking life seriously!

Firestorm

As much as I hate Colette, her being in a Smash game would mean possible remixes of Fighting of the Spirit, Fatalize, and Meaning of Birth so I wouldn't be entirely opposed.

Jiggy

Fighting of the Spirit and Fatalize are the only reason I'll forgive them for including Lloyd if he's revealed.
Edit: And Full Force. And I'd also hope for Take Up The Cross.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy's avatars seem to do a good job of both bringing Colette fans out of the woodwork and brightening the forum with Colette's extreme cheerfulness.

I wish my avatars were half as effective at spreading Mother-related goodness. >_>

Anyway, I miss the days when we'd crash GAF every night at midnight. Let's try to get the old Internal Error, guys. For old time's sake.

Jiggy

Actually, Zelda kills Ganondorf. Link and his Master Sword are rendered moot and worthless and he loses all confidence in his already-effeminate manhood, so the unlockable Miyamoto appears and declares that Link's not going to be in the next Zelda game. This can only be a sign of positive change, provided the new heroine Zelda at least wears flats as she goes to save Farmhand Link from his kidnapping at the hands of Ingo.

Link

The Autumn Wind
VeritasVierge said:
Can this guy be banned for posting this spoiler of sorts in whats supposed to be a spoiler free thread?

Yes, I quoted to deny his redemption.
Pretty sure the statute of limitations is up on that spoiler.

That said, I found it hilarious.

From today's update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea13.html

Man, Meta Knight and Marth are both so slick, aren’t they?

The story in The Subspace Emissary unfolds with virtually no dialogue. Every so often you might hear a character yell out their trademark battle cry for a particular special move, but for the most part, things move along at a good clip unaided by voiced lines. (I used a similar technique in the Kirby animated series as well.)

During the story, some characters are (or at least appear to be) familiar with some of the other personalities that appear along the way. However, there are several characters that will treat each other as complete strangers at first, just like Marth and Meta Knight did in the movie above.

What spurred these two, who had formerly viewed each other as enemies, to band together? It’s because they realize now that they are united against common enemies known as the Subspace Army.

Now I know some will think, "Well, duh! Marth and Meta Knight would know that at a glance! Neither of them looks like a Primid!" But look at Wario and Bowser. Both of them are residents of "this world" and yet they are on the side of the Subspace Army.

While members of the Subspace Army are easy enough to spot at a glance, figuring out who’s an enemy and who’s an ally is much harder with other characters. My advice is to remember that old saying: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

...That said, there is one character who has a rather unusual method by which they can distinguish friend from foe...

From ZSS:

<Power Suit Samus>

When you let loose with Zero Suit Samus’s Final Smash, she reequips her Power Suit.

Yes, Zero Suit Samus isn’t the stoutest of fighters, so picking up a Smash Ball is cause for relief.

zerosuit_samus_080208a-l.jpg

She’s on standby and ready to rock!

zerosuit_samus_080208b-l.jpg

Energy swirls around Samus.

zerosuit_samus_080208c-l.jpg

Then she transforms!

zerosuit_samus_080208d-l.jpg

It’s Samus! Samus! Samus!

The whirl of energy that appears before Zero Suit Samus’s transformation sucks enemies into the chaos.

I should probably tell you that only Samus is available on the character-selection screen. So what should you do when you feel like playing Zero Suit Samus from the get-go?

1&#65306; At the character-selection screen, hold down a shield button then proceed to the next screen.

zerosuit_samus_080208e-l.jpg

The Power Suit falls away in fragments.

2&#65306; Quickly input taunts &#8593;&#8595;&#8593;.

zerosuit_samus_080208f-l.jpg

What’s this? ...So you can shed your armor anytime you want?!

Thing is, you’re going to have to put that command in pretty darn fast in order for it to work. If you’ve set your taunts to the +Control Pad on your controller, you’ll eventually input the command correctly if you rapidly hammer up and down on the +Control Pad.

It’s not easy, but how awesome is it that you can make Samus coolly switch between two completely different fighting forms! Try it out next time you feel like showing off.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
If it were my decision, nobody would ever read Freud.

I took a psychology course in high school.

I learned more about that guy and his ideas than I ever wanted to know. >_< I mean, knowledge may be power...but GEEZ.

turk128

VeritasVierge said:
Can this guy be banned for posting this spoiler of sorts in whats supposed to be a spoiler free thread?

Yes, I quoted to deny his redemption.
You know... you're just validifying his spoilers by doing this.

Jiggy

Wow, there's actually information in here about transforming into ZSS that nobody knew from the spoilers. :eek:

Quickly input taunts &#8593;&#8595;&#8593;.

What’s this? ...So you can shed your armor anytime you want?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom