• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Man God said:
So what does the offical screenshot total look like at this point?
For every character?
Previous post was edited with the only relevant new info.

Edit:
Sciz said:
On one hand I want to suggest that Jiggy should go read The Grapes of Wrath or Macbeth or something to ground him in proper sanity English again.

On the other hand, I fear that could lead into a Shakespearian statistics post.
This sounds like a good idea. Incidentally, I actually bought an Elizabethan English dictionary when I was about 11. Not sure I know where it is, though, so perhaps I'll just wing it next time around--but at the very least, I remember enough so that nobody would be frustrated at seeing me using "thou" as a subject or "thee" as an object.

Insaniac

zerosuit_samus_080208a-l.jpg

ZSS ftw

Firestorm

RagnarokX said:
↑ ↓ ← → hold B start should unlock Knuckles and Tails plz

I always held A.
and yes plz

Sciz said:
On one hand I want to suggest that Jiggy should go read The Grapes of Wrath or Macbeth or something to ground him in proper sanity English again.

On the other hand, I fear that could lead into a Shakespearian statistics post.

I was wondering why Grapes of Wrath sounded so familiar until I realized it was a book I was supposed to read between grade 11 and 12 during the summer but never did since it was so boring. Thankfully we only had to do a project on one of the books we were supposed read and I picked Of Mice and Men =D That was a good book.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:
It's not easy coming up with these things, but such is the life of someone with a degree in creative writing. >_>

Also, I didn't know Sakurai had anything to do with the Kirby anime, but I guess that would explain why (at least going by the opinions of most people who've seen it) it turned out decent enough.

Edit: Also, I really like the explanation for why some of the characters won't recognize each other as allies at first, and how looking non-generic isn't sufficient information to go by.

Honestly If I were Marth and saw a demon winged, masked, yellow eyed, blue ball with a sword flying at me I'd assume he was a bad guy too.

Obviously when Mario runs into Pit he is going to trust the angel dude. This isn't ToS after all.

Most of the friend or foe scenarios that have been spoiled are pretty easy. The foes makes their intentions clear pretty quickly with their statue guns and the friends usually come in for a save or what have you.

scottnak

Jiggy37 said:
It's not easy coming up with these things, but such is the life of someone with a degree in creative writing. >_>

Also, I didn't know Sakurai had anything to do with the Kirby anime, but I guess that would explain why (at least going by the opinions of most people who've seen it) it turned out decent enough.

Edit: Also, I really like the explanation for why some of the characters won't recognize each other as allies at first, and how looking non-generic isn't sufficient information to go by.
:lol :lol Jiggy...
I was cringing as I read it, yet I had the need to finish it...
Amazing. (Please find a new alter ego! Haha)

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Odrion said:
So Jiggy has gone insane.

Was it the Smash Bros or the VC statistics that finally did him in?

You haven't been following this thread too closely, have you?

Jiggy's been insane for a long time. Heck, this isn't even the first time he's done the female gimmick.

Man God said:
Honestly If I were Marth and saw a demon winged, masked, yellow eyed, blue ball with a sword flying at me I'd assume he was a bad guy too.

You know, considering the stunning number of people that think Meta Knight is a full-blown bad guy, I can't really blame Marth for thinking the same thing.

jrricky

Banned
Sakurai said:
The story in The Subspace Emissary unfolds with virtually no dialogue. Every so often you might hear a character yell out their trademark battle cry for a particular special move, but for the most part, things move along at a good clip unaided by voiced lines. (I used a similar technique in the Kirby animated series as well.)

Wait I never knew Sakurai was involved in the Kirby animated series :O.

Anyways, smash where art thou? 30 more days........

Insaniac

Iam Canadian said:
You haven't been following this thread too closely, have you?

Jiggy's been insane for a long time. Heck, this isn't even the first time he's done the female gimmick.

You know, considering the stunning number of people that think Meta Knight is a full-blown bad guy, I can't really blame Marth for thinking the same thing.

The brawl OST didn't help jiggy much either...

Odrion

Banned
You know, I just typed "straight jacket" into google image search and I discovered a fetish I never thought existed or would ever exist.

Sciz

Jiggy37 said:
This sounds like a good idea.
What madness hath I wrought?

Firestorm said:
I was wondering why Grapes of Wrath sounded so familiar until I realized it was a book I was supposed to read between grade 11 and 12 during the summer but never did since it was so boring. Thankfully we only had to do a project on one of the books we were supposed read and I picked Of Mice and Men =D That was a good book.
It's a bit dry at times, but an excellent book overall. Not that that's a bad second choice.

edit:
Odrion said:
You know, I just typed in "straight jacket" into google image search and I just discovered a fetish I never thought existed or would ever exist.
One of these days my compulsion to follow up on comments like this one is going to get me into trouble.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
MisterHero said:
Snake already has Codec complete with Colonel, Mei Ling and Otacon and character-specific commentary.

He can't have two hidden easter eggs!

How were these triggered again?

Iam Canadian

Odrion said:
You know, I just typed "straight jacket" into google image search and I discovered a fetish I never thought existed or would ever exist.

This is why SafeSearch is your friend.

Firestorm said:

John Steinbeck for Brawl?

Jiggy

Man God said:
Well, if I were Meta Knight and saw a guy wearing his sister's clothing I'd assume he killed her and took her clothing as a war trophy.
Actually, no I wouldn't. But it sounded like a lie worth saying. >_>

Odrion said:
So Jiggy has gone insane.

Was it the Smash Bros or the VC statistics that finally did him in?
Oh, believe me, if JSnake someone without a medical issue doesn't report tomorrow that there'll be three VC games up on Monday, I'll be quite a bit more insane. :mad: Edit: Would also accept two games if one of those two games is an import title such as Final Soldier (would buy), Do Re Mi Fantasy (would buy), or Mario's Super Picross (wouldn't buy, but I recognize the importance of import titles, so it would still be a big positive).

scottnak said:
(Please find a new alter ego! Haha)
Don't worry, Elizabethan English is coming next.

Odrion said:
You know, I just typed in "straight jacket" into google image search and I just discovered a fetish I never thought existed or would ever exist.
Wait, you didn't know about bondage fetishes?

Iam Canadian

turk128 said:
Heh, I love how with just a little non megaton update, Sakurai has made the Dojo relevant again.

Considering how the Dojo actually managed to stun us all with something new, I'd almost consider the Samus -> Zamus transformation revelation a megaton. Just for managing to catch us spoilery folk off guard.

Miniton, maybe?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
That video was badass!

And I love the code for Zero Suit Samus. I actually like how its a secret code instead of just clicking on the selection screen

Prax

Iam Canadian said:
I'm pretty sure that's his, seeing as he's a king and all.

No, I'm pretty sure it is the tiara that is from his sister (i am pretty sure I remember reading it somewhere! But I can't find anything about it! Why is Wikipedia failing me~?!).

Here we are..
"he sixteen year-old Prince Marth (a.k.a. Mars), of Fire Emblem: Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi and Smash Mario Bros. Melee, wears a tiara. A parting gift from his sister Ellis when she was kidnapped, this tiara symbolises her love and will for him to live. Ellis' tiara is Marth's dearest treasure."
From: http://skankyjane.blogspot.com/2007/10/time-for-tiara-dainty-pretty-things.html

It is REALLY SAD how this was the only page I could find that mentions this. lol

As for the update:
I love how there are still so many secrets left to find (probably)..

Can't wait until the next update!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Iam Canadian said:
Considering how the Dojo actually managed to stun us all with something new, I'd almost consider the Samus -> Zamus transformation revelation a megaton. Just for managing to catch us spoilery folk off guard.

Miniton, maybe?

Considering he was able to surprise us with the DREADED ZSS FINAL SMASH update, I'd call it a megaton.

Seriously, this was the cursed prediction from back in the Novembust days.

grandjedi6

...That said, there is one character who has a rather unusual method by which they can distinguish friend from foe...

Hmm...? ....? Who could this be? I'm betting that whoever it is, knowing Sakurai its going to be the next update

Iam Canadian

Prax said:
No, I'm pretty sure it is the tiara that is from his sister (i am pretty sure I remember reading it somewhere! But I can't find anything about it! Why is Wikipedia failing me~?!).

Here we are..
"he sixteen year-old Prince Marth (a.k.a. Mars), of Fire Emblem: Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi and Smash Mario Bros. Melee, wears a tiara. A parting gift from his sister Ellis when she was kidnapped, this tiara symbolises her love and will for him to live. Ellis' tiara is Marth's dearest treasure."
From: http://skankyjane.blogspot.com/2007/10/time-for-tiara-dainty-pretty-things.html

It is REALLY SAD how this was the only page I could find that mentions this. lol

Well, I stand thoroughly corrected, then. >_>

It just seemed like a natural conclusion that a prince (he's a prince? I could've sworn that his SSBM trophy description said he was a king...) would have that circlet as his crown. I mean, not every kingdom can afford the big, jewel-encrusted crown, you know?

Umm... Super Mario Bros. Melee? >_>

Man God said:
Seriously, this was the cursed prediction from back in the Novembust days.

Well, that and difficulty sliders, anyway.

MisterHero

Also I think you can grab/throw Samus' morph ball bombs. I think they showed it in the Nate Bihldorf demonstration from way back when.

I don't think that's been talked about yet.

grandjedi6

Iam Canadian said:

It just seemed like a natural conclusion that a prince (he's a prince? I could've sworn that his SSBM trophy description said he was a king...) would have that circlet as his crown. I mean, not every kingdom can afford the big, jewel-encrusted crown, you know?

Marth is the Prince of Aritia

Man God

Non-Canon Member
grandjedi6 said:
Hmm...? ....? Who could this be? I'm betting that whoever it is, knowing Sakurai its going to be the next update

If I were to wager a guess I'd say it would have to be someone who is blind yet perfectly capable, and from a movie no less.

Daredevil
confirmed.

Jiggy

I was actually aiming more for the immature goof angle than the girl angle (and every time I've tried to write an immature male goof he ends up being either a really angry person or really dumb person, neither of whom would ever consistently and logically provide statistics reports), but oh well. >_>

Prax said:
sixteen year-old Prince Marth (a.k.a. Mars), of Fire Emblem: Ankokuryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi and Smash Mario Bros. Melee, wears a tiara. A parting gift from his sister Ellis when she was kidnapped, this tiara symbolises her love and will for him to live. Ellis' tiara is Marth's dearest treasure."
From: http://skankyjane.blogspot.com/2007/...ty-things.html
I wonder what's up with Fire Emblem lords and their siblings. I mean, Marth and Ellis, Eirika and Ephraim...

Prax

Iam Canadian said:

Well, that and difficulty sliders, anyway.

lol.. Super Mario Bros Melee? Haha, I guess they referenced that wrong.

Marth probably becomes king by the end of FE3 (I wouldn't know. All That I do know for sure from summaries is that he gets married and rebuilds his kingdom. Thet probably makes him king, right?)

But the Super Smash series probably uses him mid-story, just like they used Roy and Ike in pre-promoted form.

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 said:
I was actually aiming more for the immature goof angle than the girl angle (and every time I've tried to write an immature male goof he ends up being either a really angry person or really dumb person, neither of whom would ever consistently and logically provide statistics reports), but oh well. >_>

I wonder what's up with Fire Emblem lords and their siblings. I mean, Marth and Ellis, Eirika and Ephraim...

FIre Emblem is known for having odd relationships between characters. Priscilla literally loves and wants to marry her brother Raven. Also, Legault, a male character, develops a crush on another male character Heath

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:

Mist and Ike...

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
O CRAP! I got it.

You have to do it REALLY fast. I had to use both my hands... turned the controller sideways and had a thumb on up and a thumb on down :lol

When it happens it interrupts her taunt - she immediately starts to glow and kneels down and puts a hand on the floor, then light flashes from her and the armor falls off.

Tried doing it again as ZSS but nothing happens

Man God

Non-Canon Member
grandjedi6 said:
FIre Emblem is known for having odd relationships between characters. Priscilla literally loves and wants to marry her brother Raven. Also, Legault, a male character, develops a crush on another male character Heath

I don't remember the Heath thing at all, and I've personally unlocked every single support conversation.

You could make a Hector joke with his brother though...

Odrion

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Wait, you didn't know about bondage fetishes?
Well yeah but this revolves more around people's fantasies of mentally ill people locked away from society having sex with or without consent.

Scribble

The Kirby anime wasn't bad, it's just that the main female character was irritating. And they actually made Dedede an evil character.

scottnak

MrCheez said:
O CRAP! I got it.

You have to do it REALLY fast. I had to use both my hands... turned the controller sideways and had a thumb on up and a thumb on down :lol

When it happens it interrupts her taunt - she immediately starts to glow and kneels down and puts a hand on the floor, then light flashes from her and the armor falls off.

Tried doing it again as ZSS but nothing happens

Congrats sir! I was about to poke fun at ye for not being able to get this to happen. Haha.
Sounds like this is something people will have to go into the training mode to master... Awesome awesome.

We need a grab of this action stat!!

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
FIre Emblem is known for having odd relationships between characters. Priscilla literally loves and wants to marry her brother Raven.
I now remember why I actually had Raven in my party often.

Man God said:
Mist and Ike...
Wait, what happened there? I don't remember anything, even though Mist was probably my favorite character. (Unless this wasn't until RD. I haven't played RD yet. >_>)

Prax

Man God said:
Mist and Ike...

I think it seems pretty clear that Ike is clueless about girls, luckily including his sister...! Phew!

You forgot to mention things like Diadora and Alvis (they are half-siblings!).

(I thought the Legault thing to Heath was a joke of his. It would have been cool though. Legault's cool.)

Ahhh! That just makes me want them to throw in more easter eggs related to Fire Emblem. Have Ike and Marth do a support convo or something! (maybe their attack increases if within range of each other for the duration of the battle!)

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 said:

Wait, what happened there? I don't remember anything, even though Mist was probably my favorite character. (Unless this wasn't until RD. I haven't played RD yet. >_>)

I think Man God misinterpreted you and was just listing off Fire Emblem siblings

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jiggy37 said:
FE7 has good support conversations. FE8 has hilarious support conversations. In fact, its the main reason to play that easy ass game.

jiggy37 said:

More of a joke than anything, but Mist does say some pretty odd things near the beginning. Obviously they were going for a Mist Rolf hookup, but still.

Ike is very clueless though.

grandjedi6

Prax said:
(I thought the Legault thing to Heath was a joke of his. It would have been cool though. Legault's cool.)

He has the exact same conversation with Isadora and it was obvious he was actually teasing her. I wonder if the japanese script was more obvious

Jiggy

Man God said:
FE7 has good support conversations. FE8 has hilarious support conversations. In fact, its the main reason to play that easy ass game.
More or less, yeah. It's crazy how basically every character was an uber machine of destruction compared to FE7.

More of a joke than anything, but Mist does say some pretty odd things near the beginning.
I'll put PoR in my Wii tomorrow to see this. >_> And then I'll keep PoR in my Wii, because after all this time I still need to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom