• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

h6BzA8r.png

it transferred over to this guy.

Teru's hair is more like 200% now.

I hope ONE keeps growing Teru's hair and raising the percentage. I want to see Teru with 1000% hair.

To be honest, I was being dishonest by including Usotsuki Lily it was a trap, which was why I picked that cover as opposed to the cover of the latest volume.

S.Link Broken (Maybe?)

Speaking of troll characters, I swear 50% of rumiko takahashi's characters exist to troll the rest of the cast.

Well everyone does basically act in the opposite interest of someone else in the cast.

At this point, they're pretty much the actual couple.

But then the chapters would be like 5 pages long and well the series will be a lot better...

Akito

Taiyou no Ie v3
I feel like Mao's father is a pretty lazily written character, he just doesn't give a damn and is cool with whatever is necessary for the plot to become "interesting". But aside from him, I like every character in this manga, to some extent at least.

Hyouka 5
BdpVtJsCUAAR1Qj.png

The tea shop chat about the sekitani jun mystery some how became a rather enjoying and oddly relaxing chapter of sorts. I too wish to put my belief in hotaro to examine every mystery even ifs troubling (kind of funny how he wants to keep it secret from satoshi)

Kurita

Haikyu!! vol.1
Rereading the series with the volumes is so satisfying. Definitely one of my favorite series in recent years.
I don't know if I'm crazy or something but I felt the art was bit more refined in the volume than in the scans.

Bakuman vol.16
Great cover.

Overall a pretty good volume. It does feel like the way Crow ended was a bit rushed. Like, sure we saw that the competition and all with the authors trying to beat it but then it was just over without a big event to commemorate it or anything. Still enjoyable.
The new arc that started with the veterans is looking good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't thought about Bakuman in years. Ugh, that last half.

scy

Taiyou no Ie v3
I feel like Mao's father is a pretty lazily written character, he just doesn't give a damn and is cool with whatever is necessary for the plot to become "interesting". But aside from him, I like every character in this manga, to some extent at least.

I have no idea where Volume 3 ends (~12?) but I'll just say that I used to hate the dad.

Now I just want to pat him on the back occasionally.

Assassination Classroom 71

Nagisa got all fantastic this arc. Didnt like the opening page much but thankfully Terasaka continues to be best normal character around. I hope he keeps his role as the manga still goes, hes really risen from being not good to being really good. Great development as always. Final page was incredible.

Koi to Fukujuu no Et Cetera 1

Yes another magical high school story and this time with fluid infections and ranking to see who gets whose dog tag faster. Fun start with Hinatsu and his elaborate plan and scheme. Though the other demon. Hopefully its a good story within these two volumes.

Akito

I have no idea where Volume 3 ends (~12?) but I'll just say that I used to hate the dad.

Now I just want to pat him on the back occasionally.
Well, I guess the flashback in the 4th volume does make him a tiny bit more relatable, he's still a huge prick though.

Taiyou no Ie v4
Yeah, Daiki is pretty awesome and we even got to see Hina but I guess it will be a long way until Hiro's dream becomes reality.

Uh oh, Hiro being black hole level of dense incoming.

Lain

Triage X volume 6
qS4.jpeg

The covers for this become more and more glorious with each passing volume.
Some cool action sequence for Oriha, and some Life at the end of the volume for us Life lovers (if the cover didn't provide enough).
Shouji Sato is my hero.

What is it with haremy manga going all serious and killing everyone.

Not really unheard of with Sora no Otoshimono since it likes going all serious and actiony for a few chapters before suddenly going back to silly harem antics.

It's definitely does give the feel of mood whiplash while reading it through though.

Akito

Taiyou no Ie v5
Of course nothing came out of the cliffhanger *sigh*

I have to admit, Mao and Daiki would be a rather entertaining couple, I might be open to this idea, which will lead to the Hiro-Radical pairing as well, problem solved everybody's happy am I right?
Only if it was so simple.

UQ Holder 17

First major enemy attack, and Akatmatsu sure isn't pulling punches. Karin gets some action, and wow is she still one fine looking female. Really wondering how she is going to get herself out of this mess, and what the assassins have in store for the other people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shion no Ou 1-32

This is honestly a really weird manga. I mean, murder-related shoji aside, it feels like it keeps trying to go for really dramatic moments, but go so over-the-top in trying to do so that it completely fails and instead becomes weirdly hilarious. Still a fun read, and shion is totes adorable.

Adekan 26

Just fuck each other already christ.

"Just fuck each other" could describe 80% of manga interactions.

Scum

Triage X volume 6
qS4.jpeg

The covers for this become more and more glorious with each passing volume.
Some cool action sequence for Oriha, and some Life at the end of the volume for us Life lovers (if the cover didn't provide enough).
Shouji Sato is my hero.

I must read more. Shame Fire! Fire! Fire! ended early.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy shit you weren't kidding. It's at vol 46 already and we only got a bit more than a quarter of that?! ;_;

And I just noticed that Kana is a redhead~

Yup, plus the schedule is inconsistent. We might get 5 chapters in a month or two and then nothing for 6 or even the rest of the year.

CrazyDude

Assassination Classroom 71

Nagisa got all fantastic this arc. Didnt like the opening page much but thankfully Terasaka continues to be best normal character around. I hope he keeps his role as the manga still goes, hes really risen from being not good to being really good. Great development as always. Final page was incredible.

The twist of this manga will be the Nagisa is actually a girl, but acts like a boy to hide the fact that he is a girl with a flat chest.

The Gamer 19
The power of spirals

Denpa Kyoushi 102
While I don't know much about planes, i do know that they are not supppose to be able to do superfast zigzag motions especially if they were just stalling a few moments ago

The Hatsukoi Chronicle

A cute romantic one-shot between two good friends where the girl realizes her feelings when the possibility of a rival in love appears.

So yeah, it's cute, adorable, basically your nice shoujo one-shot.

Aizo

Banned
The Town Where Any Sort of Physical Contact is Considered to Be Lewd - Vol. 24-25
Awh. So this is what an Amish romance is like.

Edit:
Oh man. My friend and I laughed pretty hard at this. I love that line, though, since it's so appropriate to the image above. Shoulders are obviously a pretty intimate place to be touched, so her argument is flawed.

Suicide Parabellum 01

FOU6zpi.png

Hellooooooooo new DOUMAN Seiman series.

It's amazing, awesome, everyone should read it, nothing more needs to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom