• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Fairy Tail 366

We've often poked fun at it, but it's official; Fairy Tail has gone full hentai

Jesus, I can't even post the main panel on page 7

Lain

Pick something you haven't read already and go read it:

There's also this for people who want to just spam a link when other people ask for recs or something also pick something you haven't read already and go read it, wednesdaybros:

inb4 people who complain about why X manga is in Y place

Hmmm, Taiyou no Ie or Honey & Honey? Those are the only two I haven't read yet for this shoujosei week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Iris Zero

I'm totally lost. Maybe I need to go back and refresh whatever happened previously.

Fairy Tail

Oh boy, an arc with Obviously-Not-Gray's-Dad.

Soma

There's also this for people who want to just spam a link when other people ask for recs or something also pick something you haven't read already and go read it, wednesdaybros:
SL4.png

inb4 people who complain about why X manga is in Y place

Warms my heart to see The Voynich Hotel up there.

Savanna Game: The Comic 4
tumblr_mz5cwx0erJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I kind of wish its anime would hurry this manga pacing and such is so painful at times and prevents this really good story from being more exciting (or rather they could be giving us more chapters faster). Oh well, the luck value is incredible.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Don't worry guys, I'm back.

After my 3ish month stint, I have finally pulled up the blackout and marathoned about 15 chapters of One Piece.

And holy shit.

Such a slow burn, but the more that is revealed, the more I freak out. Starting with the hilarious Garp flashback with general conehead, to Luffy punching it back. Then BARTOLEMEO FOR NAKAMA!!!!! (seriously, though. I never join the *insert new character here for NAKAMA* train, but this one I can get behind. At the very least, have him travel with the crew for a good 50 chapters until he has more pressing matters to attend to . . all for his love of Luffy). Then HOLY SHIT SANJI ATTACKING DOFLAMINGO, which quickly turned into Law NO!! which quickly turned into ... good god, how the hell is Luffy ever going to beat Doflamingo??

Then big momma's crew shows up.

And then . .

Fucking Sabo.

also, I bought this.

Soredemo Kamawanai 5
tumblr_mz5dxxhHAj1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Sweet chapter that cleared all misunderstanding and showed clear progress for Takamine going from being fairly sheltered and clueless about relationships and friendships to know even helping Okumura get over his multiyear long issue of being afraid to commit with everyone. He had some great lines and even actions, best moment was the moment as Okumura was racing away to try to end the relationship being afraid of committing since Takamine could just be match up with a wife from the parents, to being hoisted up and carried all the way back to confront his true feelings and get this relationship to work. Ill miss these two throughout this year.

ohgosh :>

Seeing my recommendations, I haven't been reading that much since the last one. I guess that's what I get for picking up a never ending baseball series.

I wonder why I never read Taiyou no Ie and yay for seeing The Voynich Hotel up there.

Fairy tail

Grey´s dad, and yawn.

Kingdom

Kankiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Brilliant strategy.

2-3 chapters a week is really nice. How long until translation catch up to the raws? And is this weekly?

scy

Faory tail

Grey´s dad, and yawn.

Kingdom

Kankiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Brilliant strategy.

2-3 chapters a week is really nice. How long until translation catch up to the raws? And is this weekly?

If we get around 5 chapters a week, it should be like ~16 or so weeks? The raws are into the 370s at the moment.

dramatis

Hey Dramatis, what about my Ultimate Spider-Man and Kingdom impressions?
I miss things sometimes. Usually I log chapter 1s or volume 1s and don't log any after that unless there's been a change of opinion. If the impression is just a one liner that doesn't say much about the manga then I don't pick it up either.

Of course it sold a lot back then when it was still hot, but nowadays it sells decently. I'm just happy that it stays at its debut 60,000-80,000 sale numbers currently. I wouldn't like to see it drop lower.
This week numbers might have to do with the number of days it has been on sale. Lower than usual first week numbers are generally because the volume has been on sale for 3 days or less. There's been times where big manga have sold only about a few thousand for 'first week' because they started selling hours before the cutoff line for 'the week'.

Acid08

Banned
Don't worry guys, I'm back.

After my 3ish month stint, I have finally pulled up the blackout and marathoned about 15 chapters of One Piece.

And holy shit.

Such a slow burn, but the more that is revealed, the more I freak out. Starting with the hilarious Garp flashback with general conehead, to Luffy punching it back. Then BARTOLEMEO FOR NAKAMA!!!!! (seriously, though. I never join the *insert new character here for NAKAMA* train, but this one I can get behind. At the very least, have him travel with the crew for a good 50 chapters until he has more pressing matters to attend to . . all for his love of Luffy). Then HOLY SHIT SANJI ATTACKING DOFLAMINGO, which quickly turned into Law NO!! which quickly turned into ... good god, how the hell is Luffy ever going to beat Doflamingo??

Then big momma's crew shows up.

And then . .

Fucking Sabo.

also, I bought this.

niiiiiice, where did you get the sweatshirt?

Akito

This week numbers might have to do with the number of days it has been on sale. Lower than usual first week numbers are generally because the volume has been on sale for 3 days or less. There's been times where big manga have sold only about a few thousand for 'first week' because they started selling hours before the cutoff line for 'the week'.
Yeah, basically this, the Jump stuffs were released on January 4th so those are sale numbers for only two days.

Lain

It's probably the most vapid cross dressing manga I've read.

And that's saying something.

The worst part is that at some point the story stopped progressing, otherwise it wouldn't even be bad.
I'm buying it out of habit at this point, but I'll say that at least having both cross dress has been fun from time to time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shion no Ou 1-2

A girl, who at 4 years old, witnessed her parents being killed, as she lay in the pool of their blood. Now 12, she has lost her voice. A boy, whose mother is sick, cross dressed in order to earn enough money to pay for her hospital bills.

Central premise to all this?

Shoji.

This is pretty fun so far, but man it is so overdramatic that I can't take it seriously at all.

Akito

Taiyou no Ie v1
Definitely one for the "stories which will give you warm and fuzzy feelings" pile. Both Mao and Hiro are not what you call original or standout characters but they do a good job of being an adorable and funny couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom