• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku 1
y1b5JBu.png
It's been a great day for manga.

The MC is your average high schooler, except for the minor fact that he died 10 years ago and was given a revitalising heart transplant by an oddball alien girl. Reunited with his donor in the present day, he pledges to become her 'friend' (and possible co-conspirator in her bid for world domination) in exchange for her protection from an incoming alien invasion.

My favourite kinds of romances are the ones where the heroine represents the lesser
or greater
of two evils, so I'm already hugely interested in seeing how this develops. Was initially concerned that the whole thing'd be too cutesy to do justice to her megalomaniacal tendencies, but that view shattered when she ripped the head off their extraterrestrial aggressor at the end.

Murcielago 0

I came for the guro and I stayed for that, the action, and the incoming Yuri. moty 2014
This man gets it.

Billion Dogs 06

Hm, that's some plan I guess.

Spoof on Titan 06

A murder mystery of the ages.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 06

Time to join the team!

NadeNadeShikoShiko 06

The adorable Cherry in love.

Girl and Car on the Beat 04

The introduction of two other girls on the force isn't bad.

ARAIDOKI 06

Even angels don't take breaks on Sunday.

In a Heartbeat 05

Sounds like he's getting parent zone already.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 07

The impossible 400 meters bike ride.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 06

She made a friend so she could get the best lunch. I guess that's ok?

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 03

Drawing manga in your underwear and feeling others up. Yep.

Logick 03

Main character is not being that much of a shut-in anymore!

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 06

Revealing the names finally, but that could have been done the last chapter with the page length given. Still the best series in the manga box platform (second best is in a heartbeat).

Pupipo chapter 1

One of the first things I noticed when reading this chapter, is that Wakaba's mom seems much more energetic than in the anime. She's just about dancing in the beginning of the chapter.

Another thing I noticed, is their aversion to animals. At first, I just thought it was them being non-understanding. And that Wakaba simply had bad parents.

But later, it turns out, that simply coincidentally, her parents have an aversion to dogs and cats. And are going to make an effort for their daughter. That makes me happy, I'm glad that she has considerate parents.

Knowing her backstory, it was heartwarming to see her smile, for once.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Murcielago - 00

A story about two girls whose job is to exterminate criminals that the police can't handle. The kicker? One of them is a serial killer with a body count of over a hundred victims.

And the only thing she enjoys more than killing? Beautiful women.

God bless this manga.

Hetalia Axis Powers Vol.04

SuNcDm0l.jpg

More fun adventures involving the all pretty personified countries and their wacky adventures.

I'm rather liking that we're basically getting random adventures instead of focusing on the world wars cause this is a lot more fun and we get a much wider range of countries to see.

Shiina-kun no Torikemo Hyakka 1

Pretty nice series that kind of hones in on my career path making it slightly relatable and such, Mori is the best (grad student there), while Shiina is just all around great especially as a kid. Entertaining first chapter with the flashback as a kid and hilarious yet really touching moments there, and then the offer being made, to be Asst. Prof right off at 38 and such, nice.

Shiina-kun no Torikemo Hyakka 01

A slice of life of various levels of researchers working in studying animals.

I like it. Nice friendship, the plot is pretty relaxing and a nice read through. The hopefully true animal facts is pretty interesting as well. Basically works as a good slice of life.

LeleSocho

Banned
Teppu 10-22

Now i know what people feel when they read harems, never i have seen such an high concentration of waifus before.
Soo good, sooooo goooooooooood.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Senran Kagura SPARK - 01 - 07 [END]

Prequel to the main storyline of Senran Kagura focusing on the older girls of the group, Ikaruga and Katsuragi. It begins with their initial arrival to the ninja school and then focusing more so on their relationship with one another in addition to dropping tidbits of their past here and there. This was quite useful in promoting Ikaruga x Katsuragi, and at this point I can't see myself shipping them with anyone else. Anyone who's a fan of the Senran Kagura universe, or simply likes oppai and or yuri should give this a look.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kamisama hajimeshita 103-107

Wow, a lot of updates all at once.

Nanami being a self-sacrificing idiot again, but at least Tomoe finally gets to meet akura-no-ou.

Sekai wa Kimi de Mawatteru 3 - 7 (end)
tumblr_mz9d8ofXXB1s0mqgto1_250.png

Fantastic short story collection of pretty much similar ideas running though with different lead characters and character types. I think the theme was at least one of the characters feeling like the world truly did revolve around them and that when things didnt go their way they either completely collapsed to tears and such or either took some action. The barbershop story was my favorite one of the group as it was the longest potentially though had the best action going on as well as most solid story of just the two going through the motions of getting a hair cut after school and such though beginning to get some type of affection going on as they kept meeting up to fully blown relationship. Really good ending especially in the shop.

The others were good too with Cheap Soul as my second favorite, as she said in the afterward she decided to make a young seme and thats like a huge key word must read thing and ultimately no story is ever bad without one. The 100 yen thing to at least deal with the rumor that he truly did engage with such acts with either guys or girls to leading to an actual experience with the guy that he did like made it interesting. Best ending of the mix as the relationship developed and even then going ten years later and having so much money saved though just from being exclusive to one.

Excellent dessert was the third best bl in this, so tasty.

Choco Strawberry Vanilla 1 - 3

Good intense story about Hiroi and Take who are extremely close friends but then get Mine to come along to love Hiroi but need to embrace Take and thus lead to a really emotional and turbulent at times threesome type story. Third chapter really pushed the plot forward after the development in the second (which I had read in its one shot form early 2013, Take and Mine entertaining Hiroi who was listening in on the phone since he was sick and then development that Take and Mine kind of enjoy each other even if they hate one another). Curious to see how it wraps up and if it can go the Take Mine way instead of Hiroi.

Pupipo! chapter 2

This manga is a lot different from the anime. Both of these chapters have had things that the anime doesn't have at all. There was no psychic in the anime. Also, the manga seems a bit darker than the anime. In the anime, there was a lot of scary monsters. But in the manga, there's a lot of scary people, too.

The manga has a unique artstyle and it's kind of gritty. Wakaba and Po-chan are about the only characters that have been designed to be cute, so far.

I'm looking forward to Reiko being introduced. As she's a really fun character. I'm also curious as to what she'll look like in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom