• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Man, when is Uniqlo gonna release new One Piece shirts...
Oh well, rocking my Gaimon shirt today.
iOahzEmpW7huk.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yes the buy 4 for 3 deal as well as the huge discounts on viz manga (often their manga is just around 5.99 if you preorder early enough) makes it the only place I buy manga. Plus in store selection is awful and their yaoi manga be all hidden.

They stopped doing that a while ago. If it still exists I haven't seen that deal

bigkrev

All You Need is Kill

Well, that was certainly more violent than I was expecting. Seems like it's Groundhog Day where every time the MC dies, he starts over at the same point. Can't wait to sere how brutal his deaths get!

Also, because it was packaged with the first chapter..

Hikaru no Go 1

Probably been 10 years or so since I first read this? It's still fine, and it's G rating is a nice juxtaposition to the gore for All You Need is Kill. Also, its a real testament to how Obata has improved as an artist, as this kinda looks like crap compared to All You Need is Kill.

bigkrev

Tonari no Seki-Kun 44

BRB, gonna spend the next 2 days watching Japanese bugfights on youtube.

Tonari no Seki-Kun 45

Fun Fact: I have a friend who is a master of crane games. He wins gift cards and the like out of the expensive ones all the time.

He's no Seki-kun, though

Seishun Pop! 35

Well sure, his gf developing a bad case of yandere is one way to shake up the status quo. Seems a bit unjustified though, it's not like he's thinking of hooking up with anyone else.

scy

Akame ga Kill Zero 3 - pls no ;__;

So is Akame going to end this whole prequel thing murdering all of her "friends" before leaving?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pretty much. Onodera never got out of that underdog position even though she had several opportunities. smh

Tsugumi, Ruri and Onodera's mom are the only ones worth a damn.

I'm pretty sure Chitoge is the main character of Nisekoi; almost all of the promotional art for Nisekoi is her and all of the character development in the entire series is hers. The only reason Raku looks like the main character is because the story is from Chitoge's perspective and she has a warped sense of how popular and perfect he is.

I'm pretty sure Chitoge is the main character of Nisekoi; almost all of the promotional art for Nisekoi is her and all of the character development in the entire series is hers. The only reason Raku looks like the main character is because the story is from Chitoge's perspective and she has a warped sense of how popular and perfect he is.

His d and 95% of the cast desire for it is the main driving force of the series correct? Makes sense he's considered a main character even if its just as an icon for the girls to get sweaty over

I'm not sure why you're replying to me specifically but I agree. That doesn't make Chitoge a good or fun character though.

It comes and goes though I haven't really seen it recently.

Rightstuf usually has a publishing company wide sale every once in a while and that where I used to stock up on a bunch of stuff at once.

Only time I bought manga from rightstuf was when amzn didnt have one volume of Pandora Hearts and then that time they had a bundle deal of BLue Exorcist. I guess I should look into them more often, but the paying for shipping kind of ruins any deal if I cant get to 49$ in an order.

upandaway

That's how these things go with harem manga. The male lead gets almost no focus regarding anything.

Mortemis

Banned
KNIM 257

Yep, I'm taking a break from this. Just like someone else said, I'll be back when it gets interesting again, and by interesting I mean pissing everyone off, like Haruto hooking up with Asuka again (lol). Knowing Seo it shouldn't be too long.

Only time I bought manga from rightstuf was when amzn didnt have one volume of Pandora Hearts and then that time they had a bundle deal of BLue Exorcist. I guess I should look into them more often, but the paying for shipping kind of ruins any deal if I cant get to 49$ in an order.

You usually order a bunch of things at once when they do a studio sale since the sale counts for preorders too.

Like now they have a Yen Press sale and you could preorder stuff far in advance to get enough for free shipping.

A domain name for AKAME.TV has been opened and registered.

oLPnLjB.jpg

Looking very likely the big announcement for Akame ga Kill/Kiru will be an anime adaptation.

Pokemon Adventures Vol.20

oNzW502l.jpg

And the end of the world continues.

Gym leaders fight some Team Aqua or Team Magma member and the two legendaries continue to wreck havoc on THE WHOLE WORLD.

But who cares about that, cause the most entertaining part of the whole volume was watching Wally climb Sky Tower.

Attack on Titan 53

So many mysteries!

Kimi no Iru Machi 257

Sooo, instead of quitting his job and moving back to Tokyo to look for a different job (chef) and keeping his gf happy, breaking up with her to make her unhappy and retain his shitty job in the middle of nowhere is the best choice? And then now he's thinking about another girl? Such shitty writing to extend this series.

DeVeAn

Yes the buy 4 for 3 deal as well as the huge discounts on viz manga (often their manga is just around 5.99 if you preorder early enough) makes it the only place I buy manga. Plus in store selection is awful and their yaoi manga be all hidden.
I saw the $5.99 for the newest stuff. I am kinda behind though. Is the buy 4 for 3 deal ongoing?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A domain name for AKAME.TV has been opened and registered.

oLPnLjB.jpg

Looking very likely the big announcement for Akame ga Kill/Kiru will be an anime adaptation.

Please be ufotable please be ufotable please be ufotable FOR THE LOVE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD LET THIS BE UFOTABLE.

It won't happen cuz they're working on Fate.

Te to Kuchi 1-8

48-pages chapters rock.
Well, it's kinda interesting. Will read more.

The Gamer 1 -5
Excuse me but fireball throwing and superhuman strength aside, the inventory ability to store anything is pretty astounding.

No Dignity for the Captain 1
No Dignity for the Reader.

Comedy series about the moe moe interactions between the hopeless captain of a table tennis club, and her sole member who's an ace player and utter sadist. It's decent enough, but I suspect the relationship between the main duo'll get dull fairly quickly unless another element's added to the mix.

Chousuinou Kei - Makafushigi Jiken File 5

Im so glad this is going, we need a fresh new mystery manga and this is delivering on every level. Kei is amazing and this mystery is extremely well done by at least not having someone being evil for the sake of it. Though the person kicked out for his product isnt something truly original, I still like the mix of the gaming aspect to it. Need 6 just for the theory.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 54
This is totally the trigger for
Kotori
destroying all life on earth.

The Skadi arc wraps up with 0 dead main characters, which is a damn good result. Still need a breakthrough on the medicine front though, otherwise it'll have been for nothing.

Eroman - Kami to Pen to Sex to!! 3
tumblr_mzb68zWO4u1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Somehow reminds me of another series. Funny chapter during its duration though the with the split up was sad, then again they say they can never truly be split up so wasnt sad for long. Kind of ridiculous moments in the chapter overall though nice feelings when he was sad that the real bl manga was getting some bad marks for his partner and he didnt want to tell him since hes so emotional.

Sachi was a funny character just for her vivid imagination.

wonzo

Banned
Murcielago 0

I came for the guro and I stayed for that, the action, and the incoming Yuri. moty 2014

Mob Psycho 100 41-42

This lady owns so I hope she becomes a recurring character after this arc's all said and done with.

Kingdom 301-303

Old dude went out like in the most badass way possible & passed the torch to the next generation if genius generals. RIP ;_;7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom