• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I read someone comparing Yhwach to Voldemort, rather an "anti-Voldemort"
Where Voldemort used the horcruxes to live forever, and destroying them lead to his demise. Yhwach put himself in all the Quncies and their deaths lead to him getting stronger.

Where's Aizen? At least he's funny.

Nordicus

Buddy Buddy x Body 2

It's a shame that the art quality is so inconsistent. Sometimes it's incredibly nice, sometimes just doodlings

And the problem got even worse in chapter 2. Christ o' mighty. Now even the panels and speech bubbles are arranged in such a way that it's bothersome to read.

Dropped. Not cute, funny, exciting nor quite lewd enough

One Piece 735

mPLRWXA.jpg

They better respect it.

Glass Rebel

there is already a spoiler for next next weeks chapter
yamato-yamato-big.jpg

Also lol at the whole "Oh no Sasuke... Oh no Naruto" what about Killer Bee? Guy's likely dying somewhere even with the Hachibi giving him a part of his tail

I don't know what's worse, that this could be an actual spoiler or that I wouldn't be even mad if it was real.

To the bolded: The shinobi government alliance doesn't care about black people.

I thought the anime was terrible. Abysmal pacing, girls have lipstick, episodes with little to no animation, random rock songs that start playing out of nowhere, everybody SCREAMING.

Like the anime more than the manga but each have the plus points .
They most likely fix some of the animation for the blu ray .

Bleach
Okay chapter , now i want to see how broken Ichgio going to be .

Bring back Aizen and be done with it

This so much. The stern ritter just aren't as exciting as the Arrancar. There was far more build up and excitement with the espada and Aizen. I've never thought the Quincy were even all that interesting :/

This whole post-fullbring, Quincy arc is beginning to bore me to tears. The fights are boring as shit and the expositions, to bring in "dat feels" for the enemies, ain't doing nothing for me.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, where did the Tobi-Zetsu came from? And why his fight looks like it was way more interesting than what has been shown?

PK Gaming

yamato-yamato-big.jpg

Also lol at the whole "Oh no Sasuke... Oh no Naruto" what about Killer Bee? Guy's likely dying somewhere even with the Hachibi giving him a part of his tail

Killer Bee probably pulled off another tentacle trick

You can see him cutting off one of his tentacles shortly before getting vacuumed.

Bleach powers would be cool if Bleach wasn't dumb.

In most series I'd go "how do you even beat a power like that?!"

In Bleaach I just go: "Getsuga Tencho."

Hashwalth is the only remotely interesting Stern Ritter, honestly.

At least with the Espada, vast majority were good-to god tier (Starrk, Grimm, Ulqui)

Erigu

So, where did the Tobi-Zetsu came from? And why his fight looks like it was way more interesting than what has been shown?
The spiral Zetsu was first (and last, really) shown in Obito's flashback. Where was it the whole time? Er... Not needed for the plot!
And he's clearly controlling Yamato's body (hence the mokuton, hence Orochimaru recognizing him, hence Zetsu's comment about "the insides" being good, last week).

This is the one that Obito used in his flashback. I think the clone zetsus are actually just an ability of Zetsu, one of the artificial humans made by Madara. This Tobi one is separate.

Yeah but its using wood style and so must be in control of Yamato.

yamato-yamato-big.jpg

Yup question is, is Yamato dead, being controlled or has he turned evil?

The spiral Zetsu was first (and last, really) shown in Obito's flashback. Where was it the whole time? Er... Not needed for the plot!
And he's clearly controlling Yamato's body (hence the mokuton, hence Orochimaru recognizing him, hence Zetsu's comment about "the insides" being good, last week).

IHaveIce

Banned
I mean I could guess he controlled Yamato somehow, and I knew who he is ( Spiral Zetsu I mean), but I was completely confused at what time he arrived on the battlefield, I checked a chapter back to see if I missed something, but it didn't look that way, so IDK

Hashwalth is the only remotely interesting Stern Ritter, honestly.

At least with the Espada, vast majority were good-to god tier (Starrk, Grimm, Ulqui)

And he has yet to do any serious fighting at all which makes it all the more boring. Stark and Ulqui's power's alone are far more interesting then any of the Stern Ritter we've seen outside of Hashwalth. You got a feel for how bad ass they were because we got to see so much more of them and there actions before the lead up to a fight. The stern ritter appear and die so quickly that I can't be half-assed to give a shit.

Yhwackwhatever with his vampire suck'em up power is still not as interesting as Aizen or the power of complete hypnosis.

MCD

Naruto

Man, the author really likes dragging Sasuke in everything. Can't Naruto just die alone or something?

you're acting like Yamada hasn't been smut the whole time.

Those Akame ga Kill spoilers make me so happy. Can't wait to see how
heart-wrenchingly painful and terrible her death will be by Esdese.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't remember Odagiri having huge boobs.

I also remember when Shiraishi had some attitude issues and personality traits other than "perfect fantasy girlfriend." Odagiri has been way better in the last 25 or so chapters.

Glass Rebel

I don't remember Odagiri having huge boobs.

I also remember when Shiraishi had some attitude issues and personality traits other than "perfect fantasy girlfriend." Odagiri has been way better in the last 25 or so chapters.

Hey, there were some hints of jealousy which quickly disappeared again...

oh, now I see.

Shouta

Aha, that Naruto chapter. At least Kishi kept one rule intact but it looks like it'll probably be broken in the next chapter. Dunno how Sasuke is gonna make it though...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aha, that Naruto chapter. At least Kishi kept one rule intact but it looks like it'll probably be broken in the next chapter. Dunno how Sasuke is gonna make it though...

Sasuke: Magic Healing Chakra Uzumaki S&M girl standing 10 feet away

Naruto: Undead Dad with identical power standing like 10 feet away

daveo42

Banned
Sasuke: Magic Healing Chakra Uzumaki S&M girl standing 10 feet away

Naruto: Undead Dad with identical power standing like 10 feet away

Even with these outs, it'll be the power of friendship that revives them or all of the crazy kyuubi chakara that everyone still seems to have right now.

Haters gonna hate Mashima but brah has a work ethic stronger than all of mangagaf combined. Can't waitnfor his new serialization to start up soon.

Karakuri, now this is another interesting oneshot by Kishimoto. Still, Im hoping for a full blown Mario serialization.

I thought the anime was terrible. Abysmal pacing, girls have lipstick, episodes with little to no animation, random rock songs that start playing out of nowhere, everybody SCREAMING.

How many episodes did you watch of that?

Buddy Buddy x Body 2

And the problem got even worse in chapter 2. Christ o' mighty. Now even the panels and speech bubbles are arranged in such a way that it's bothersome to read.

Dropped. Not cute, funny, exciting nor quite lewd enough

Sounds bad. I guess I need to get around to reading it. I'm falling behind in my reading lately.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
pIMr5bl.jpg

Soshite, Hare ni Naru

Random post time. I stumbled upon this and I was pleasantly surprised. It takes a typical josei plot and then projects further into the future to an area that really isn't covered much in these types of slice of life mangas. So you have a story about a woman in her 40s-50s who is divorced with two children and living at home with her mother, which is sort of the antithesis of the happy life that you typically get to see.

At the very least, I'm curious to see where the manga goes. I almost expect some romance to happen, but I'd be happier if this was just a simple slice of life family drama.

Doujin Work 70

Man, this really feels like it should be the final chapter. Good thing there's still another volu--

gseAXx3.png

Oh. Well. That explains that.

One of the more enjoyable 4koma series I've read, and still vastly superior to anything the author's ever produced with Mangaka in the title. Only real regret is that we never got to see Tsuyuri reduce her 'friend' to a gibbering psychological wreck.

upandaway

Doujin Work 70

Man, this really feels like it should be the final chapter. Good thing there's still another volu--

gseAXx3.png

Oh. Well. That explains that.

One of the more enjoyable 4koma series I've read, and still vastly superior to anything the author's ever produced with Mangaka in the title. Only real regret is that we never got to see Tsuyuri reduce her 'friend' to a gibbering psychological wreck.
That's the guy who did those Saber doujins, right? I'm so curious.. I'm so curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom