• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

Holy fuck I thought Aizen was OP! That must mean Juha is even more powerful thanks to old Yama-ji being part of him. ;_;

Damn the power jump with Renji was high. But even that will be left behind with this recent revelation. Damn Ichigo you have your work cut out for you.

Nice throw back to Bankai Fake Zangetsu Kubo. Pretty hyped for the next few chapters.

Hystzen

Bleach

A stalling chapter but gives some nice info about how much a chump Aizen is compared to Bach.

Bach using souls to boost his stats while he rests

Bleach Souls : Prepare to Bankai Edition

Aizo

Banned
It's stuff like this that always makes me wonder how Naruto ever got so popular. So ridiculous.

What do you like, Erigu?
You don't seem to post much on days besides our terrible Wednesdays, so I had actually thought you liked Naruto.

One Piece
Well, ok. Next week's better be damn exciting. Oh and Sabo's face better be worth all those bubble text cover ups. Unless Oda plans to leave Sabo's face empty forever.

Naruto
Bee or Naruto's dad will save him and I guess, I dunno, Orochimaru for Sasuke.

Bleach
Ok, now that the explanation is out of the way, let's get back to action please.

Boku Wa Mari no Naka 23
Awwww shit.

upandaway

One Piece

Koala is the best one piece. And Sabo still having using a pipe was great.
Fujitora seems like just as much of a hypocrite as all the other marines that aren't downright evil.

One Piece
Well, ok. Next week's better be damn exciting. Oh and Sabo's face better be worth all those bubble text cover ups. Unless Oda plans to leave Sabo's face empty forever.
Until the character gets the full treatment of half-page reveal plus name sign, when the situation allows it, that character will stay hidden. That has been true for every character ever. Even moreso when it's Sabo, it won't come out until it gets revealed "properly".

Korosenai

One Piece

Damn, Franky's been putting in that work recently. He's taken on Baby 5, Buffalo, Señor, and Mach Vice. This is pretty much the Franky show haha.

Naruto 662

So he's dragging this out?

Kishi really must be having a hard time coming up with a way to defeat Madara.

Might as well let them visit Naruto's HFIL and meet up with Neji or something.

IHaveIce

Banned
One Piece

Damn, Franky's been putting in that work recently. He's taken on Baby 5, Buffalo, Señor, and Mach Vice. This is pretty much the Franky show haha.
Yeah uf Jimbei usn't joining the SHs in sone tine or another strong char I think Franky will be the rival for the next Admiral

Franky seems crazy strong and he never(none of the SHs) had a full out fair fight after the time skip.

Luffy / Akainu
Sanji / Kizaru
Zorro / Fujitora
franky / green bull? Forgot the japanese name

Yonafunu

Yeah uf Jimbei usn't joining the SHs in sone tine or another strong char I think Franky will be the rival for the next Admiral

Jimbei isn't ever joining the Strawhats, not as a nakama (lol) at least. He's the captain of his own crew ffs. There will be an alliance though.

Naruto
lol the REAL Tobi is back

One Piece
Show Sabo's Face already!
He has a random pipe he picked up *old pipe from the past?... I wonder if that is because of his fighting style

Bleach
So you guys where right with the whole borrowing and regaining power ability that Yhwach has

Ah I love Wednesdays

Naruto
Holy shit nothing happened. Where the fuck did Tobi come from? We just came off along break and now another break? Just end the fucking manga.

One Piece
next week should be good

Bleach
Well, that explains it. The SR are a bunch of insane psychopaths sacrificing themselves to their god. I think Khorne would be red with envy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece

Issho wants to get rid of the Seven Warlords huh. Makes sense, especially with Doflamingo abusing his position.
Sabo in the tournament! His pipe is probably more dangerous than most swords.

How is it nobody can translate Senor Pink's devil fruit correctly? It's so obviously "Swim Swim Fruit". Stop being so literal.
Franky has needed fights of his own for a while. After Enies Lobby, he's kind of been relegated to the background.

Hmmm...
Naruto

Stay dead stay dead stay dead stay dead stay dead!

Bleach

V06wJ45.png

MS being stupid

or

Kubo being stupid

someone explain

One Piece
Until the character gets the full treatment of half-page reveal plus name sign, when the situation allows it, that character will stay hidden. That has been true for every character ever. Even moreso when it's Sabo, it won't come out until it gets revealed "properly".

Well if it is like that, it wont be as impacting as we all already know its Sabo. Imma thinking Oda may have given Sabo a scar or something to make his actual full reveal more of a surprise.

Oh and I feel this needs to be posted. I thought it was Titanfall inspired but its actually Elysium.

Well if it is like that, it wont be as impacting as we all already know its Sabo. Imma thinking Oda may have given Sabo a scar or something to make his actual full reveal more of a surprise.

Oh and I feel this needs to be posted. I thought it was Titanfall inspired but its actually Elysium.

DTL will cry

∞ Loop the Xth Day

Always impressed with how either Rin and Haru put forth their swimming ambitions before love, but usually more pleased when its Rin and he has to struggle through things. Good persistence from Haru.

Bleach

Pretty awkward origin story since it seemed like Kubo was inspired from stories of the ideal image of the traditional view of the savior incarnate, that whole page on healing the sick mending their bones, fixing the broken hearted, healing the spirit etc. Though maybe its kind of creative, Kishimoto seemed like he was inspired from some religious backstory as well for the origin story from the same area in the sage of six paths etc, if I remember correctly.

Sad for Ishida though if he has to die in an inevitable Ichida fight just for the sake of plot to make Yhwach stronger then this arc will be irredeemable.

Naruto

If Naruto x Hinata doesn't happen nor Naruto x Hinata then death for All is the only ending I'll accept.

Bleach

So basically what most of us predicted, though it seems like if one could absorb enough of his soul it'd leave him weak and Ichigo could destroy him. And Kon came back recently... Hmm I wonder if Kon is the key to defearing Bach

One Piece

Next week we should finally see Sabo fight along with the Strawhats confront Dofla, so hyped

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei - Nine Schools Competition 2

The manga loses out on the internal dialogue of the characters whenever a onii-sama miyuki moment happens, otherwise all the other scenes were just as hilarious as I remember. Have been waiting so long to see blushing "Miki". This glacial pacing for this arc due to the month long waits from chapters is too much though.

Metal B

Franky has needed fights of his own for a while. After Enies Lobby, he's kind of been relegated to the background.
He had a great fight at the end of Punk Hazard against Baby 5 and Buffalo. Overall he even fought more of Donquixote Crew then anyone else of the Straw Hats.

BatDan

He had a great fight at the end of Punk Hazard against Baby 5 and Buffalo. Overall he even fought more of Donquixote Crew then anyone else of the Straw Hats.

I know he fought Baby 5 and Buffalo.
I'm just saying that he's getting more fights now since pre-timeskip he was more a background character, and most of the actual fights were Straw Hats vs One Big Target.

daveo42

Banned
Bleach

Background on Juha wasn't bad, but it's a bit thin if that ends up the only explanation we get on him. I think Kubo could have done a bit more with it too. Now we know that all he's really doing is sending wave after wave of men at Soul Society just for a prolonged power-up for the final battle.

Naruto

The Sauce and Naruto at the end of their lives before someone sacrifices themselves to resurrect them. I'm still betting the 4th (he's still around right?) for Naruto and possibly Orochimaru for Sasuke as a way to continue to hand things over to future generations. Other possibilities include Kakashi and Gaara, as I don't see Hinata or Sakura biting the dust yet.

Edit: Felt like I missed a chapter too, what with the giant statue and 'Tobi' showing back up to control it, but nope. Didn't miss anything...

One Piece

More clues it's Sabo and Fujitora gonna lay down the law on the Shichibukai it seems after all is said and done. Hoping for more Franky time as the fights go on. He still has a lot of new stuff yet to show off.

Next week should be fantastic. I just hope that Oda can maintain order and keep us from waiting several weeks between updates on events happening all over the place.

I skipped the last 5 or so chapters of Naruto (since Tobi's defeat)
but everyone's reaction made me check it out.

Am I missing something? Naruto and Sasuke are dying? Why is there a new Tobi?

Naruto

WTF is happening. After all that speak from people last chapter saying it was fake it turns out they were wrong. Sasuke really did get skewered.

So not only have the two biggest threats to Madara died but now theres some spiral zetsu as well.

tumblr_mqp8zrJCM61sd3n9bo1_250.gif

Shit is getting tense.

upandaway

Well wait we don't know that it's actually Sabo.

I mean it might still not be Sabo.

Could be someone else.

daveo42

Banned
I get that Naruto lost his Fox & Naruto got stabbed.

From the reactions it seems like the weird extra Tobi is an actual mystery. Am I correct in assuming that?

'Tobi' and that giant statue that can use all 4 types of elemental jutsu seemed to have just shown up out of the blue with no real explanation unless I'm missing something. I think that's the biggest disconnect here.

Did Luffy say the name "Sabo"?

didn't think so

The sheer amount of references here means that Luffy didn't even need to say his name. Or Oda could be the world's biggest troll and it's Dadan who has shown up.

Naruto

If Naruto doesn't get the other half of the nine-tails, I bet he's going to have one of those "kekkei genkai" thingamajings. The explanation will be that he had it all along, but since his own natural chakra was constantly struggling with the nine-tails's chakra for balance, the bloodline limit never manifested itself.

One Piece

So next chapter we should finally see Sabo fight.

I'm still hating all the running around, and everything happening at once scenario. I can rarely even keep up with whats happening anymore. Its so weird to be looking at Rebecca's fight one second, and then the next I'm looking at 3 people in animal suits walking around. The switch between each Strawhats group just happens so fast.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that it was interesting to hear Doflamingo call Usopp Sogeking. I haven't heard that name in a long time. I wonder if Usopp will ever pull that mask on again? The whole point of it was to give him courage, but it seems his 2 years of training has already done that.

BatDan

Oh my God I'm an idiot! I just realized why Attack on Titan is popular!

It's The Walking Dead of manga/anime. The Titans are zombies! Everything makes sense now! Zombies are popular as hell now, and these are just giant zombies!

Naruto

If Naruto doesn't get the other half of the nine-tails, I bet he's going to have one of those "kekkei genkai" thingamajings. The explanation will be that he had it all along, but since his own natural chakra was constantly struggling with the nine-tails's chakra for balance, the bloodline limit never manifested itself.

This is the biggest load of bullshit I have seen on this chapter lol.

Uzamaki clan have no real kekkei gankai other than having a notoriously strong life force. Its why Kushina still lived despite having the nine tails extracted from though its unclear if it just prolonged her eventual death or actually saved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom