• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

I don't think I've ever seen the Maximum Tune/Wangan Midnight manga in stores. Is it that uninteresting? I liked what I saw of the story in the games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hana no Android Gakuen 1-13

bk4v68M.png

What the fuck am I reading.

I think it's mostly the translation though, because christ, I can barely understand anything.

Other than that, why does Sony Mobile look like beatrice from umineko.

Akito

Hana no Android Gakuen 1-13

What the fuck am I reading.

I think it's mostly the translation though, because christ, I can barely understand anything.

Other than that, why does Sony Mobile look like beatrice from umineko.
Could be due to the (former) venture with Ericsson (Swedish company). At least it explains why she is a Caucasian.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I guess. Still, funny to see how outdated it is considering some of the new features sony have. Why is it so out of date that ice cream sandwich is still a big deal?

Also I think a lot of my confusion comes from not knowing what docomo, soft bank or au are until I realised that they were japanese telcom companies.

Nisekoi 107

Clearly the solution here is to have Haru 'taken care of' by the yakuza before things get out of hand. Maybe they'll get lucky and hit Kosaki in the crossfire.

Nickelodeon 28

My first relationship ended the same way.

Vito

Banned
Kodansha USA, please stop sitting on the Baby Steps, Koe No Kotachi and Billy Bat licenses....

They have Koe no Kotachi? I would totally buy that.

No, Kodansha is publishing those titles in Japan, meaning Kodansha USA probably gets to be the first to license the stuff (other pub. being Vertical, but it has been stressed repeatedly that A list titles will likely end up with Kodansha USA) and it's unlikely Kodansha would give the titles over to the rival publishers (for example Seven Seas was never able to license Blood Alone again when it switched over to Kodansha).

Full Metal Panic Sigma

Woah. I laughed at some chapters, I had a lump in my throat at others. Now that it has ended, I feel like a part of my life had closure too
(I was a huge fan back in 2006 when I was younger and first read it, I had some health and personnal problems and reading was better than the anti-inflammatory medication for taking my mind off the pain)
It's a pure, concentrated, undiluted sweet ending, enough to make me want to vomit diabetes. But I'm okay with that. Plus it took the whole "earn your happy ending" concept to a new level, ha ha.

bjork

No, Kodansha is publishing those titles in Japan, meaning Kodansha USA probably gets to be the first to license the stuff (other pub. being Vertical, but it has been stressed repeatedly that A list titles will likely end up with Kodansha USA) and it's unlikely Kodansha would give the titles over to the rival publishers (for example Seven Seas was never able to license Blood Alone again when it switched over to Kodansha).

I don't know how they are now, but around the time of Blood Alone #1 and #2, Seven Seas was horrible about producing enough stock of volumes, and there were long gaps between reprints. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

DeVeAn

We used to shrinkwrap the books, it seemed to work out okay.
CDadjcN.jpg

Even later, when the boss opened his website and stuff, he'd ship with the books sealed that way. Don't know that it helped prevent any major book damage in shipping, but maybe it did?

I think that would help tremendously. Prevents scuffing etc. Crossing my fingers with my stuff on Tuesday. Then I will try Rightstuf. Planning to buy tons of manga as I want to catch up :)

ryan13ts

Anyone here read Nanatsu no Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins? I started it a few weeks ago, got completely caught up and I'm loving it so far. Very fun shonen with funny and likeable, if somewhat standard, characters.

Also, the girl under the shroud obviously has to be Merlyn, because of the whole Aurthur connection. Looks like she has a pretty cool ability as well, making armies of illusions out of nothing.

Kimi no Iru Machi 259.

How many years was the time skip? 2? They've been apart for 2 or so years now? What the fuck?!? If course there's not going to be anything that happens in between because the author is is just using it as a plot device to try to force a tearful reunion, but for us it's a mere 3 chapters ago. Lame! Tokyo arc 2 coming, This time around Yuzuki will be married to a different guy.

Kieli

Anyone here read Nanatsu no Taizai/The Seven Deadly Sins? I started it a few weeks ago, got completely caught up and I'm loving it so far. Very fun shonen with funny and likeable, if somewhat standard, characters.

Also, the girl under the shroud obviously has to be Merlyn, because of the whole Aurthur connection. Looks like she has a pretty cool ability as well, making armies of illusions out of nothing.

I'm extremely disappointed that Arthur didn't actually have that army. Would have been max-cool.

Now I eagerly await the appearances of Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, Percival, and other knights of the round table.

I also wish he didn't look so young. The person in that flashback would have been perfect.

Vito

Banned
I don't know how they are now, but around the time of Blood Alone #1 and #2, Seven Seas was horrible about producing enough stock of volumes, and there were long gaps between reprints. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Was it Seven Seas, cause it was previously licensed by other company afaik, they later reprinted the first 3 (I think?) volumes in an omnibus.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Bleach 455

Man, this fullbringer arc is awesome so far and so fresh. If you can go through a training arc and I actually keep wanting to read, you're doing something right. Ichigo looks like a boss in his fullbring, and there's a bady that is worth his salt (going all super creep and turning everyone against Ichigo!). Hopefully it keeps the pace, I'm really enjoying it.

ryan13ts

I'm extremely disappointed that Arthur didn't actually have that army. Would have been max-cool.

Now I eagerly await the appearances of Lancelot, Gawain, Galahad, Percival, and other knights of the round table.

I also wish he didn't look so young. The person in that flashback would have been perfect.

This series is very weird in how almost person who was shown to be an adult in the past, ends up looking like a child in the present. I understand that as a shonen manga its pretty much aimed to a somewhat younger crowd, but that doesn't mean every adult main character has to be morphed into a child somehow.

The only one that semi-makes sense is King, who's normal form is off-putting to most people so he changes his form (I'm guessing part of his ability of being the Fairy King).

Tamanon

Banned
I really enjoyed the Fullbringer arc.

Shame it didn't really do much afterwards thus far

Kubo is great at character designs.

Kimi no Iru Machi 259.

How many years was the time skip? 2? They've been apart for 2 or so years now? What the fuck?!? If course there's not going to be anything that happens in between because the author is is just using it as a plot device to try to force a tearful reunion, but for us it's a mere 3 chapters ago. Lame! Tokyo arc 2 coming, This time around Yuzuki will be married to a different guy.

Manga's ending in February, no time for a full arc. I seriously think he just trolled everyone and Yuzuki's gonna be married to some other dude with no reconciliation. XD

Billion Dogs 08

And now a girl appear into part of this scheme.

Spoof on Titan 08

A cleaning genie.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 08

Strip them is always the answer again.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 08

Dressing a cavegirl.

Girl and Car on the Beat 06

Ghost fast and furious.

ARAIDOKI 08

And a new demon appears!

In a Heartbeat 07

Drunken progress!

The Knight in the Area 03

Slowly building up to something.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 09

It's like everyone hates bikes in this series.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 08

A rival ninja trap. Series has me interested again.

Logick 05

Well looks like the teacher and student are getting closer together.

Big One

Banned
Bleach 455

Man, this fullbringer arc is awesome so far and so fresh. If you can go through a training arc and I actually keep wanting to read, you're doing something right. Ichigo looks like a boss in his fullbring, and there's a bady that is worth his salt (going all super creep and turning everyone against Ichigo!). Hopefully it keeps the pace, I'm really enjoying it.
Wait till the end and disappointment will sink in. Aside from that it's easily the second best arc in Bleach imo, then again my favorite till this day is the very first arc in Bleach. The others ones just suck.

wonzo

Banned
Kingdom 312-314

That muscle stuff was p. dumb but still, RIP Mouten.

Blade Play 42

This is getting alarmingly stupider by the moment even by smut standards.

Bokura no Mitsudomoe Sensou 4

The other pairing was just making out all over the place which was a funny bit to include here for the teacher and foreign transfer student needing "injections". Funny story.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Koe no katachi spoilers

I knew Ishida was kinda of a fucking idiot but this is too much, what a fuck up
holy fuck
Rin 1-14
Wow, what a great series. This is 200% better than Bakuman. The supernatural twist to the story just keeps me begging for more, I can't wait to see what the hell it's all about. I wish I actually didn't pick it up right now, I should've waited until it finished whenever that would be. I've heard good things about Beck, so I guess I definitely have to read that if it's anywhere near as good as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom