• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Hachi Ichi 4-28

Equal opportunity haremsmut. Decent so far, despite Shinichirou inexplicably becoming a seduction master at times.

Hachi Ichi 29

Oh my...

Ace of Diamond 44 - 47
tumblr_mzzl89ZchR1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Some of the faces in this series are incredible. For the baseball front Furuya having that touch of backstory and then finally relying on Miyuki for advice was good development and progress. If he can continue to become a team player he will definitely stay my favorite pitcher of the two.

Apparently Erotic Fairy Tales is an actual thing.

next smutgaf read?

Yeah, I read it. Its okay and a somewhat interesting take on various fairy tales that's more like the dark original story rather their Disney counterparts. There's also this character that is in it that usually replaces the fairy godmother character that helps but puts some sort of sexual twist on it.

DeVeAn

Not sure if this is the right place but here it goes, I got some Manga from amazon and 4 out of the 5 books were in poor condition. For anyone that purchases their manga on amazon is this typical? Two of the had the pages turning yellow and one is a new series. Am I expecting too much?

I just want to avoid more returns. Is rightstuf better at packing since they specialize?

Wiseblade

Not sure if this is the right place but here it goes, I got some Manga from amazon and 4 out of the 5 books were in poor condition. For anyone that purchases their manga on amazon is this typical? Two of the had the pages turning yellow and one is a new series. Am I expecting too much?

I just want to avoid more returns. Is rightstuf better at packing since they specialize?
That's yet to happen to me, fortunately. Do you remember the seller? I have to make a note to avoid them. If the condition is drastically different than advertised, you could probably try for a refund.

DeVeAn

That's yet to happen to me, fortunately. Do you remember the seller? I have to make a note to avoid them. If the condition is drastically different than advertised, you could probably try for a refund.

It was sold by Amazon LLC. They assured me the new books will be better. I can only wait and see I guess.

Lain

From amazon I usually receive stuff in good condition.
You aren't expecting too much, though my experience n general with buying manga from online stores is that getting something in perfect condition is not the norm. For a reason or another, the covers or the spines end up with some bruises a lot of the times.

LeleSocho

Banned
You aren't expecting too much, though my experience n general with buying manga from online stores is that getting something in perfect condition is not the norm. For a reason or another, the covers or the spines end up with some bruises a lot of the times.

That's one of the reason i could never buy manga online, i am extremely exacting on this stuff.. i had like quadruple copies of the same volumes because the spine or the cover had some imperfections.

DeVeAn

Yea sucks. I did some research and it seems Rightstuf has special packing just for manga but, they seem to be hit or miss with condition. My only non-online option puts anti theft stickers in the books...discouraging. I see why a lot of people just read scans =P

bjork

Yea sucks. I did some research and it seems Rightstuf has special packing just for manga but, they seem to be hit or miss with condition. My only non-online option puts anti theft stickers in the books...discouraging. I see why a lot of people just read scans =P

We used to shrinkwrap the books, it seemed to work out okay.
CDadjcN.jpg

Even later, when the boss opened his website and stuff, he'd ship with the books sealed that way. Don't know that it helped prevent any major book damage in shipping, but maybe it did?

akaoni

Banned
Can't buy them in a shop because of slimy mitts and .... PRICE STICKERS.....

I really like the whole banner things in the OP and the links to the older ones, my only complaint is you don't state the theme for the older ones? I tried out Taiyou no Ie and read through the majority of what's available, cliche and a shoujo but grounded enough visually and story wise for a male audience to easily enjoy it too. Kuragehime was one I had been putting off for years because I have a strong dislike for animu/mango about people + animu/mango and the visual potrayal of excessive reactions to stuff - it's a bit of a stretch but it can make it difficult for me, I can't read Genshiken for example. I managed to motivate myself with the thread, then the story turned out to be related to fashion, but I was already sold enough at this point and have found myself enjoying the series a lot.

I really like the whole banner things in the OP and the links to the older ones, my only complaint is you don't state the theme for the older ones? I tried out Taiyou no Ie and read through the majority of what's available, cliche and a shoujo but grounded enough visually and story wise for a male audience to easily enjoy it too. Kuragehime was one I had been putting off for years because I have a strong dislike for animu/mango about people + animu/mango and the visual potrayal of excessive reactions to stuff - it's a bit of a stretch but it can make it difficult for me, I can't read Genshiken for example. I managed to motivate myself with the thread, then the story turned out to be related to fashion, but I was already sold enough at this point and have found myself enjoying the series a lot.

I have fujoshi female friends who are exactly like them. All of those archetypes.

Akito

What does "animu/mango about people" even mean?

akaoni

Banned
What does "animu/mango about people" even mean?

Animu/mango ABOUT people and animu/mango

Take Genshiken as the best example, I have a hard time reading series about people being obsessed with stuff. Think of the number of series with a normal day setting where the characters take a trip to a comiket or something similar, or the token otaku character. I don't mind it lightly. Anyway, Kuragehime opens up quite literally with an entire cast of this type of weirdo character. I find it difficult to read series with people who seem to be extreme versions of myself and the series revolving around that aspect.

That said Kuragehime is very good and does all the characters very well, it's just getting over the hurdle for me is tough.

Only issue ive had was they sent me the wrong volume once.

Yellowing makes it seem like the volumes were just sitting there for awhile, is it a niche series? I only bought some like that when getting something out of print from a third party seller a long time ago.

akaoni

Banned
My preconceptions about Kuragehime were wrong, the series is of a high quality. I didn't want to break out the 'O' word.

I shall repent and beg thy forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom