• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charade

Flag Time 8

Interesting new development. Murakami's feeling less suspicious, but I still feel she's up to something.

Shut Hell 1-10

Not a fan of the all the back and forth in the beginning, but it's starting to pick up steam. That giant wolf in ch.5-6 has been the highlight so far (and the awesome color pages).

Tripon

Kimi no Iru Machi 259.

How many years was the time skip? 2? They've been apart for 2 or so years now? What the fuck?!? If course there's not going to be anything that happens in between because the author is is just using it as a plot device to try to force a tearful reunion, but for us it's a mere 3 chapters ago. Lame! Tokyo arc 2 coming, This time around Yuzuki will be married to a different guy.

The series is ending in two or three chapters. Thank God. Fuck this series, and fuck Seo.

Rin 1-14
Wow, what a great series. This is 200% better than Bakuman. The supernatural twist to the story just keeps me begging for more, I can't wait to see what the hell it's all about. I wish I actually didn't pick it up right now, I should've waited until it finished whenever that would be. I've heard good things about Beck, so I guess I definitely have to read that if it's anywhere near as good as this.

A Gaffer after my own heart. Needs more Rin readers in here. Rin's not as good as Beck was yet, but its getting there.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bleach 455

Man, this fullbringer arc is awesome so far and so fresh. If you can go through a training arc and I actually keep wanting to read, you're doing something right. Ichigo looks like a boss in his fullbring, and there's a bady that is worth his salt (going all super creep and turning everyone against Ichigo!). Hopefully it keeps the pace, I'm really enjoying it.

what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

Sankarea 45
A little insane that only 28 days have passed from the start of this manga considering how many chapters have past.
It's also insane that his mom was frozen in that ice cavern. Probably should have expected that though. I assume that there might be some BS that his mom is somehow alive(well as alive as a zombie can be).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom

I'm going to be really pissed
if Mouten is dead. Top tier bro there.

Motherfucker.

Spoilers: only highlight if you want to know his fate that bad, this is from RAWs.

Mouten is not dead and will continue to not dead, at least until the latest RAWs.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis 13
This looming war seems to lack pressure with this liberal use of fanservice

Denpa Kyoushi 103
So the brother sister team is finally defeated and reconciled. This arc seemed a tad excessive but the dogfights were pretty cool if not ridiculous

Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 1
tumblr_n01jb3uGRx1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Got many teary eyes reading this first chapter with the tragedy and then the looming feeling of loneliess for Tomo as he was alone and holding the weight of the accident. Though the chapter did make me all happy with just the Tomo Shuuhei thing and how welcoming and big his family is. I cant wait to see the many small things and interactions they go through as this story goes on. Off to a good start, and friends become lovers so its bound to be amazing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
How is he an idiot? She's fucking deaf. He can't understand her.

i feel he coulda put two and two together somehow you know? well if the actual translation comes out its gonna be easier to figure out what was actually said since right now all we have is the summary

El Sloth

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai

5dqsirq.png

Suddenly England. By the way, what was the name of Arthur's wife? It wasn't Elizabeth was it?

Edit: Oh right, it was Guinevere, duh. There goes what I was thinking.

Crap I need to stop finding these anime I'm watching/plan to watch have ongoing manga where the anime diverges massively at some point. Gives me waaaay more crap to read. Adding both Desert Punk and Black Lagoon to my to read list

Crap I need to stop finding these anime I'm watching/plan to watch have ongoing manga where the anime diverges massively at some point. Gives me waaaay more crap to read. Adding both Desert Punk and Black Lagoon to my to read list

I gotta add that is totally worth watching the Black Lagoon anime and reading its manga to see some differences in how they handle some arcs.

I gotta add that is totally worth watching the Black Lagoon anime and reading its manga to see some differences in how they handle some arcs.

My rule for stuff thats going to air on Toonami that I've never seen to see it fresh with toonami gaf then read it once Toonami finishes its run. Desert Punk anime is a recommendation from a friend so I'm doing the same thing

LeleSocho

Banned
Hana no Android Gakuen 1-13
hdH3bD1.png

I didn't know that LG made a JoJo phone :O

Oh man too bad it's so outdated... i wanted to see when Mirai-chan gave her eyes to Adam-kun... or what would've happened now that Apple finally is on docomo.

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 14-19

Holy shit, rather fitting the winter team starts off in the most somber and hopeless way and ends up as the most depressing & soul-crushing story thus far. The last bit with the profile images of all the candidates, including the dried up ones was just the biggest gut-punch in the entire arc.

God damn, now I'm really depressed. :(

Fuckspots??

Too lewd man, too damn lewd.
It might be lewd but fuckspots are where all life originates!

akaoni

Banned
7 Seeds 14-19

Holy shit, rather fitting the winter team starts off in the most somber and hopeless way and ends up as the most depressing & soul-crushing story thus far. The last bit with the profile images of all the candidates, including the dried up ones was just the biggest gut-punch in the entire arc.

God damn, now I'm really depressed. :(

This is as far as I got with 7Seeds after several attempts. I understand it's difficult to repeat the same scenario over again for each team while maintaining reader interest, but the dialogue and pacing is all over the place, and that's after I've gotten over the art. I'm sure there's a 'it gets a lot better' point but I'm not sure if I'll be able reach it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's when the teams start converging and the plot starts going forward to how they fare in the new world, rather than dealing with introductions, so I'd say that if you think the dailogue and pacing is too scattershot (I don't really think it is, but it might be a josei/shoujo style thing), those aspects do start getting more coherent.

akaoni

Banned
MangaGAF be the death of me, I swear. I will try to reach the team convergence, then hopefully I can get more
giant insect shit

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you think that's the only thing the world of 7 seeds can offer up than man, you ain't seen anything yet. If anything the most compelling thing about 7 seeds is how the characters develop through interacting with the world.

Fuck, now I'm rereading this again.

akaoni

Banned
I assume it's not lavishly praised for nothing, it seemed like it gained recognition far into its life when I think about how far along it was before I saw anyone mention the series anywhere, so I inferred it does get good. Group politics and triangles would be nice.

I plan to read Ranma when I finish Maison Ikkoku, I torture myself instead of 1 thing at a time which makes me ridiculously finicky. Serious first world problems.

Lain

Yukito volume 1
VH6.jpg

A 25 years old guy comes to Shinjuku to find a certain Yakuza clan for undisclosed reasons and gets himself into trouble right off the bat as two girls decide to try and take him for a spin because he has that countryman look.

The story in this seems quite intriguing. Our 25 year old protagonist came to Shinjuku because he's trying to find out who killed his father, a police officer of Akita, years ago and in so doing it seems to put in motion some events that will get certain Yakuza clans, and the interest of their bosses, into his path.

The art is quite nice. Usually you have covers with some interestign art, and then you get somewhat lackluster art inside the volume proper, but here I'd say it's the opposite, as the art inside the volume is even better than the glimpse shown by the cover.

The characters aren't bad too. Yukito, our protagonist, has an interesting mentality along with a certain innocence to himself. Sae, the old Tokyo detective gives off the vibe of a smart fellow that I can't still place as a real good cop or maybe a bit tangled himself with the dark side of the city. Miyamoto seems the kind of romanticized Yakuza fellow, well dressed, with a honor code and old fashioned principles.
Maybe An, one of the girls that, reluctantly, tries to get him into troubles at the start could be called a bit weak, though she does represent her younger age (17 years old) thanks to some funny facial expressions and some of her actions. She is quite cute though.

Screaming Lessons 38

Jz69qR6.png

Jesus, you could cut the tension in this chapter with a sharp retractable pen. I don't have any schooldays trauma about singing but I feel like I've just retroactively developed some. For one delusional moment I thought there might be a happy ending in a solo chapter, particularly since Uta seemed like a pretty respectable MC for this series (ignoring her slight disposition towards pen-icide), but instead we just got a bad end with a time delay.

If I have to wait another 3.5 months for the next chapter I can't be held responsible for my actions. Particularly if it's the one that introduces him.

Hana no Android Gakuen 1-13
hdH3bD1.png

I didn't know that LG made a JoJo phone :O

Oh man too bad it's so outdated... i wanted to see when Mirai-chan gave her eyes to Adam-kun... or what would've happened now that Apple finally is on docomo.

I can't wait for Sonia to get her Z1 appearance. That and all the new phones.

Glad the author made note of Samsung's ugly covers aka clothes.

Unless this series was a short and won't be updated, then that sucks.

LeleSocho

Banned
I can't wait for Sonia to get her Z1 appearance. That and all the new phones.

Glad the author made note of Samsung's ugly covers aka clothes.

Unless this series was a short and won't be updated, then that sucks.

Even if it wasn't a short i doubt people will actually continue to translate it... better give up on Sonia in a swimsuit.

Lain

Kasane 6

Awww, the play ended and so did the friendship between Kasane and Iku, it would seem. This makes me very, very sad.

Oshioki da yo, Shiba-kun
tumblr_n02csnYlCC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The way the artist drew shougo is amazing there. Good continuation of the hair maniac and their growth from just simple teasing to finally sharing their feelings and such. Their friend is a bit cruel in setting this up and such but it ended up really intense and fun. Good one shot continuation.

Lain

Lately I've had some curiosity about Keijo, like if something had happened with the scanlation and how the story went on. Since the scanlation hasn't gone further than chapter 1 I decided to poke around and look at some raws.
I regret my decision so damn much, my poor eyes are still bleeding from those shitty raws.

Akito

әnígmә v1-7 (end)
iXOFk4ZApNBC.jpg

Not bad, I liked that it's one of the few mystery survival stories where the characters work together in order to escape as opposed to outsmarting or just outright killing each other. The characters were alright as well, not too much character developments were to be witness but most of them were given a solid backstory at least. I definitely prefer the first part of the story over the second where the mysteries were laid bare. Not that the revelations were terrible or anything but they seemed a little rushed (the author was most likely told by Jump to get to the end more quickly than she would have liked) and lacked any really mindblowing moments. Still, very solid for a first work, especially in the art department, wouldn't mind seeing her get another chance in Jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom