• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

әnígmә v1-7 (end)
http://i.minus.com/iXOFk4ZApNBC.jpg

Not bad, I liked that it's one of the few mystery survival stories where the characters work together in order to escape as opposed to outsmarting or just outright killing each other. The characters were alright as well, not too much character developments were to be witness but most of them were given a solid backstory at least. I definitely prefer the first part of the story over the second where the mysteries were laid bare. Not that the revelations were terrible or anything but they seemed a little rushed (the author was most likely told by Jump to get to the end more quickly than she would have liked) and lacked any really mindblowing moments. Still, very solid for a first work, especially in the art department, wouldn't mind seeing her get another chance in Jump.

I've read the last volume this month and I feel more or less the same.
The final explanations in the last volume left me somewhat disappointed.

Aunt Tits

Damn. Aunt shot the bitch DOWN. Dem Truth Bombs

KuGsj.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder 20

Well, at least someone got in a naked fight. /akamatsu

UQ Holder has gone nowhere. Akamtsu must've been given a lot of rope to work for Kodansha again. Mon dieu, any other mangaka would've been cancelled by now.....big disappointment

Nordicus

Haru x Kiyo 1-2

So... Lovely Complex version 2 or something? It's pretty nice, the amount of care the future love interest shows for our protagonist in form of "tough love" is kind of unbelievable, but it's a rather nice read nonetheless.

Maybe... in CUTENESS!!!

әnígmә v1-7 (end)

Not bad, I liked that it's one of the few mystery survival stories where the characters work together in order to escape as opposed to outsmarting or just outright killing each other. The characters were alright as well, not too much character developments were to be witness but most of them were given a solid backstory at least. I definitely prefer the first part of the story over the second where the mysteries were laid bare. Not that the revelations were terrible or anything but they seemed a little rushed (the author was most likely told by Jump to get to the end more quickly than she would have liked) and lacked any really mindblowing moments. Still, very solid for a first work, especially in the art department, wouldn't mind seeing her get another chance in Jump.

Sounds interesting enough to warrant a look into it. That title though.

All You Need Is Kill 2
tumblr_n02qb9uSdX1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Perhaps he ought to grin more, please. Fairly good 2nd chapter of just thinking over things. Best panel was easily the one in which the suit was wielding the axe in the page spread.

Nisekoi: False Love 107

These chapters kind of make me wish the anime could have just skipped forward to do some of these recent things, like if the staff could have picked and chosen instead of just doing through chronologically.

Kurita

I realized that it's been harder and harder for me to read scans. It feels "soulless" compared to reading a volume and at the end of the day the latter is just a more enjoyable way of reading manga. Also one of the reasons I'll never be able to buy digital manga.
Thank god I manage to avoid spoilers for most series thanks to the posting policy ITT.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal 38

This final duel of sorts is too intense. Kaito's Galaxy Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon in his duel was one of the most epic cards to pull out and the shadows constantly on stage. While Ryoga v Yagumo with all those shark cards was pleasing, I wouldn't mind having his deck.

Kono S O Mi Yo 1

NOMINATED FOR :

Greatest first chapter title award.
Greatest protagonist power award.
Greatest first chapter smut action award.
Greatest childhood friend award.
Greatest sad backstory award.
Greatest birthmark design award.
Greatest protagonist asscheeks award.
Greatest protagonist's tic award.

Kono S O Mi Yo 1

NOMINATED FOR :

*eyebrow raised*

Cerity

Minamoto
How many chapters until everyone is dead?

Kono S O Mi Yo 1

NOMINATED FOR :

Just a warning, there is an intense amount of NTR in later chapters.

What's NTR-
Japanese acronym for Netorare, used to define a genre of Eroge (Hentai Game), meaning "Cuckold". In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.
obama-door-kick-o.gif

With a premise like that, WHY ?

kasane

Haru x Kiyo 1-2

So... Lovely Complex version 2 or something? It's pretty nice, the amount of care the future love interest shows for our protagonist in form of "tough love" is kind of unbelievable, but it's a rather nice read nonetheless.

Maybe... in CUTENESS!!!

Shes so Kawaii

Minamoto
How many chapters until everyone is dead?

Been a while since i read this. :lol

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
The lack of morality on this thread has hit a new low. It takes a certain type of degenerate to seek out NTR. You only have your self to blame when you're unable to deal with the pain!
No amount of fapping is going to bring her back.

wonzo

Banned
Tokyo Akazukin 2-5

I figured I'd be desensitized to this kinda shit (I sorta am really) but this was a bit much. Will read to the end as the last bit was kinda interesting. (shame about the missing page :( )

aunt tits 111

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

hipbabboom

Manga's ending in February, no time for a full arc. I seriously think he just trolled everyone and Yuzuki's gonna be married to some other dude with no reconciliation. XD

That's the only way to get me to return to that manga. I seriously want to Haruto hang himself with the used condom he's been collecting (to get back' the flavor of Elba) after watching tone new man in her rail her unconscious and then flings the bag of spunk out the window from where Haruto is watching in tears. It'd be a glorious day but Seo is far too much of a mediocre writer to do it.

hipbabboom

Tokyo Akazukin 2-5

I figured I'd be desensitized to this kinda shit (I sorta am really) but this was a bit much. Will read to the end as the last bit was kinda interesting. (shame about the missing page :( )

Can you give me a little context to this?

Lain

Tokyo Akazukin 2-5

Is this the one with the loli red riding hood going around murdering people while looking for big wolf?

Nordicus

Doujin Work 71

Oh, I think i'm going to enjoy these spin-off chapters if they contain more Tsuyuri

Also, this picture will have plenty of use here

tGR7Kmu.jpg

Shouta

Kono S O Mi Yo 1

NOMINATED FOR :

Welcome. I am the resident Kitazaki fan. You're in for some fun.

I'd recommend his two previous Cupid works, Cherry Syndrome and Nijidama.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there *ever* a happy occasion with FrankenFran? I mean damn this thing is brutal.

That end when that boy got eaten by the girl that was infused with an insect when they're about to make love is horrifically brutal!

Kono S O Mi Yo 1

NOMINATED FOR :

Shame it goes to shit from there.

Shouta

Shame it goes to shit from there.

I wouldn't say it goes to shit but it does break a lot of expectations of what you'd want from a manga of this type. I think that's part of the charm of it though I do think it's the weakest of Kitazaki's 3 Cupid titles. Even the ending, which can be pretty table-flipping worthy, actually makes sense considering what's going on with the story and what it's largely about. It also serves as, perhaps, an unintentional critique marriage in modern Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom