• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Hm looking it up Takayama Toshinori has only done the spinoffs for Toriko and Reborn, so I guess at least he can draw well?

Can't really find anything on the two soccer manga people.

I guess I'm interested in all of them and interested in how quickly they all get cancelled. do well.
Date Tsunehiro was an assistant on Gintama.

Vito

Banned
The blatant everyone is so reading scanslations even when there's a legit English digital publication always gives me a chuckle in this thread.

Anyways, after 3 months of drought the guy posting All Rounder Meguru raws finally reappeared on Share this week, hell he even posted today's new chapter (124). Looks like Endo is giving us more fanservice <3 http://imgur.com/a/7fUag but after that it seems another big competition.

Well at least Meguru got picked up by another group and it their pace is sort of decent. If they could churn out 4 chapters a month like in December we might eventually even catch up (Evening gets published every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month).

Welcome. I am the resident Kitazaki fan. You're in for some fun. I'd recommend his two previous Cupid works, Cherry Syndrome and Nijidama.

Sakuranbo Syndrome translation stalled, same goes for the other one, sadly his works don't seem to have any steady groups doing them. Also I'm still pissed about the Kono S wo, Mi yo! ending, despite I sort of new it was coming.

Kyuur

Magi - Chapter 212

I knew it! Alibaba is so useless that he can't make any important decision in the story himself. He always ends up doing what people want him to do, or place himself in situations prepared by those plotting to use him for their own purposes. He's so pathetic. But loveable I guess. Lol.

I disagree, he is doing what he has to in order to get Balbadd back. He said himself he will not be used by Sinbad because it could cost him Balbadd. We will see how he handles Kougyoku's position.

He has to start from somewhere to get a foothold as a King, even if it means being used by other people. He has people who will support him once he decides to try and break free. I think we should give him a bit more credit.

Any guesses on Sinbad's internal and third spy? I am guessing the third is part of Al Thamen.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma color pages are the worst because they take forever to come out.

mhs004

The blatant everyone is so reading scanslations even when there's a legit English digital publication always gives me a chuckle in this thread.

I subscribe and happy I do. To know I'm supporting the authors and the U.S market and not technically stealing is why.

Malvingt2

I disagree, he is doing what he has to in order to get Balbadd back. He said himself he will not be used by Sinbad because it could cost him Balbadd. We will see how he handles Kougyoku's position.

He has to start from somewhere to get a foothold as a King, even if it means being used by other people. He has people who will support him once he decides to try and break free. I think we should give him a bit more credit.

Any guesses on Sinbad's internal and third spy? I am guessing the third is part of Al Thamen.

Plot twist
it is Alibaba
He was present when Sinbad used Zepar. Sinbad had held back info about himself and his Djinn's. We don't know how powerful is Zepar and how much that Djinn power extend.

Nordicus

Hajime No Ippo 134-147

Ippo's half-blindness during his match with Saeki looks better in manga form because the effect is just so simple and effective. Just leave the unseen parts white!

EdcAtAV.jpg

The highlight of these chapters was still Ippo's mother getting hospitalized and Ippo almost quitting pro boxing until the now inspired Umezawa came to help

I can generally stomach this kind of drama in Hajime no Ippo better than most series. I can't put my finger on the reason why, maybe it's because both Ippo and his mother have been properly built up as the kind of characters that would push themselves to the limit for one another. Or perhaps that even in this kind of situation, both want to think positively and costructively, even if some of that is self-delusion

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One Piece spoilers (source: Arlong Park)

- The Final round in the Colosseum begins.
- Diamante who ate the "Hira Hira No Mi" can make people feel like they are flags.
- Luffy, Zoro and Kin'emon have entered the palace.
- Doflamingo is upset after learning the that the "Lucy" in the Colosseum isn't "Luffy" anymore.
- Lao G. has taken care of the Dwarves and Toy Soldier with ease.
- Lao G. mentions that without beating Pica no one can make it near Doflamingo.
- Pica appears in front of Luffy, he is a big rock golem.

Ai no Hyouteki 3

One shot story with office worker love, pretty enjoyable especially with the funny cause of misunderstanding going on. Love this volume alot still.

Josou Kyoudai

Crossdressing brothers made me chuckle with that Aniki page close to the end, Decent one shot.

Nordicus

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 11

QHxuQb2.jpg

Okay, that's it, this manga is soon gonna end up as one of my ongoing favorites. My expectations keep getting exceeded with each chapter.

Kuromine keeps being this amazing but perceptive buffoon, he showed some brass balls by grabbing the "wolfman" by the collar and shouting at him, even if the words coming out of his mouth were utter nonsense

And it didn't end there, I did not expect this twist of the wolfman trope

Shouta

Yeah, I think I didn't liked at all the change of tone, it becomes a full drama and at some points is almost overdone. Kinda what happened with Ichigo 100% but Kono S O Mi Yo is much better overall. Is not bad, but not what I wanted.

He almost always gets deep into the drama though, that's kind of his thing but that's because he has a story he wants to tell. The only problem is that I find that one of the good guys in this is nigh unbearable later on in Kono S. It's really hard to enjoy the story when that character is dumb as dirt.

Still, I can't think of an author that manages to integrate sex into his storylines so well without it being straight smut with little story.

Sakuranbo Syndrome translation stalled, same goes for the other one, sadly his works don't seem to have any steady groups doing them. Also I'm still pissed about the Kono S wo, Mi yo! ending, despite I sort of new it was coming.

Hrm, maybe I should get doing them. I need to find a separate set of JP copies to rip up and do fresh scans if possible though because most are shitty looking. =(

Zyklus:Code 6

The artist has good style. I liked this colour page for the series thus far, Giselle is good design.

Chapter was fun backstory. Giselle is pretty funny and if he can be tied in with Fideli there at the end then I imagine this new arc could be really actiony musicwise.

I think Alibaba's making the right choice. He can't do anything for Balbadd and sure as shit can't do anything for Kougyoku by taking a third option in the matter.

Charade

Shut Hell 11-22

I want to like this one, but something's missing for me to really be engaged in the story. The stilted translation doesn't help, either. Well, the art's (mostly) good and there's not many chapters left to catch up, so I'll stick with it.

Love Aroma

I'm loving all the Takemiya Jin releases lately.

Lain

Hi guys, I'm back. (if you remember me)

My Girl 1 - End

Wow, what a ride. Especially in the first 20 chapters I teared up almost in every chapter. It fell off a bit after that, but still maintained a high quality. It seems like this is my favourite type of manga. Anyone got a few recommendations? :)

Bunny Drop, naturally.

Or Ryuushika Ryuushika.

LeleSocho

Banned
Time to get jealous...
Who right here actually understands Japanese and/or takes classes to learn it?
Kurita don't respond i just saw you shiritori tweet :/

Time to get jealous...
Who right here actually understands Japanese and/or takes classes to learn it?
Kurita don't respond i just saw you shiritori tweet :/

I joke that I have the understanding of Japanese of a 1st grader but it's probably less than that at this point.

I do know all my hiranga and katakana.

What Do the Teenage Boys Do 1-4

What an odd set of one page shorts and such, the first one was odd while the multi year one with people coming was baffling. Will continue to see how out there this thing can get.

The Flow Stream S2 : 32
tumblr_n04qrkCiHz1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Didnt even realize season one had ended but it was anice place considering the month time skip and all the favorites getting power increases. Im glad by three Ma Yuseung, Gye Ui Jin, and Yun Lee Rang get to stick together. Was disappointed and sadded than Gye did get his arm lost canonically :( Hoping on this arc giving him powerful magic increase.

Good location change and disguise.

El Sloth

Banned
Re-reading TWGOK when it was still good. On chapter 19 so far. I miss Keima seducing random girls with seemingly harebrained schemes before revealing himself as a secret pimp.

Also, Kusonoki deserved to be a goddess.

That slut Ayumi robbed Chihiro.

Re-reading TWGOK when it was still good. On chapter 19 so far. I miss Keima seducing random girls with seemingly harebrained schemes before revealing himself as a secret pimp.

Also, Kusonoki deserved to be a goddess.

That slut Ayumi robbed Chihiro.

As much as I like Yui, Kusunoki should have been Mars.

Ayumi > Chihiro all day, every day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's a disgustingly happy one, which may or may not be a good ending for someone.
I wanted a Nice Boat ending.
You're just saying that because everyone got spare-paired into full on marriages.

I didn't hate it, but it did seem like all of the characters held the Idiot Ball and a lot of the plot resolution had unfortunate implications based on absurd misunderstandings.

I'm like 15 chapters in and kind of skim-reading it. It's okay. It's more readable now that the main character isn't going all spaztard mode every time his crush appears. That fucker from Wagatsuma-san could learn a thing or two.

Yamada and the Seven Witches 95
tumblr_n050vnFTW81qbxqfpo1_1280.png

I. Best moment. The Kurosaki moments were extremely hilarious, he was so into it and they are kind of starting to take a liking to Yamada I think which is a good and nice development, if only they could listen to Tamaki.

At least the series is quickly going back to its roots.

Angry Grimace

Yamada

It's happening. Archer girl is gonna get powers!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So does Good Ending have a good ending?

Urgh, just hearing the name pisses me off.

Anyways,

Yamada and the Seven Witches 95
https://31.media.tumblr.com/936ab7f0f0870a354053d4a527c004e1/tumblr_n050vnFTW81qbxqfpo1_1280.png[IMG]
I. Best moment. The Kurosaki moments were extremely hilarious, he was so into it and they are kind of starting to take a liking to Yamada I think which is a good and nice development, if only they could listen to Tamaki.

At least the series is quickly going back to its [URL="https://24.media.tumblr.com/4353aa0e388fca285478fb21ee481de1/tumblr_n050vnFTW81qbxqfpo3_500.png"]roots.[/URL][/QUOTE]

DTL, so are you really a, what's the term, fujoshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom