• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Ending 1-156.5

What a good ending to the manga. I didn't like the art early on but it got a lot better eventually. It didn't ever feel like it was pointless with fillers like Kimi no Iru Machi. The length was right. I was also unsure of which of the heroines he would end up with cause I would see where the story is and how many chapters are left; plus, the way things ended up turning out towards the end. Yuki and Shou were both great characters. It was a good romance/drama/comedy. Not one of my top but solid, nonetheless.

Akito

Good Ending 1-156.5

What a good ending to the manga. I didn't like the art early on but it got a lot better eventually. It didn't ever feel like it was pointless with fillers like Kimi no Iru Machi. The length was right. I was also unsure of which of the heroines he would end up with cause I would see where the story is and how many chapters are left; plus, the way things ended up turning out towards the end. Yuki and Shou were both great characters. It was a good romance/drama/comedy. Not one of my top but solid, nonetheless.
Shou >>>>>>>>> dog shit >>>>>>>> Yuki

Fruits Basket 1-136

I read this before and wanted to experience it again. The story was great and the art got a lot better as it progressed. The characters were all enjoyable (except Akito) and unique. Most of the backstories were sad and it seemed parents were either terrible or dead.
Bummed about the ending I wanted to see more of Kyo and Tohru's lives after their departure.

Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 01

dBvJTG2.png

I kinda expected the drama to be worse but this is pretty much childhood friends falling in love.

It definitely gives me nothing but good feelings of it though, so I'm all for more of it.

Lain

Yuki lost all her rights to be an acceptable character right after the "rape me or else we'll break up" scene.

If he really loved her he would've raped her, after eating her poop.

That scene aside, I still like Yuki more than the other girls.

upandaway

Magi

Well, wait. The emperor is definitely allied with Al-Tharmen. Hell, even Hakuryuu. En didn't deny it. Alibaba still doesn't realize?

Aladdin could slap Alibaba into shape in 2 seconds. Hell Mor will only need 1 second.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Magi

Well, wait. The emperor is definitely allied with Al-Tharmen. Hell, even Hakuryuu. En didn't deny it. Alibaba still doesn't realize?

Aladdin could slap Alibaba into shape in 2 seconds. Hell Mor will only need 1 second.

I don't get the impression that he's allied to al tharmen, it's just that he's trying to build an empire so big that he has to worry about more thing than them. Remember when the al tharmen witch staged what was essentially a coup against him? Also hakuryuu is definitely part of al tharmen and it seems like the kouen is keeping tabs on him.

Also seems like part of his philosophy is to try to unite everyone, even if they might conflict.

upandaway

I don't get the impression that he's allied to al tharmen, it's just that he's trying to build an empire so big that he has to worry about more thing than them. Remember when the al tharmen witch staged what was essentially a coup against him?

Also seems like part of his philosophy is to try to unite everyone, even if they might conflict.
No yeah, I mean the emperor is with them, I know En isn't.

exarkun

Magi

The politicking is getting intense. Both Rulers come out looking dirty, but while Sinbad started out looking clean, hes looked dirtier and dirtier while Kouen is going in the other direction.

Alibaba really needs Aladdin. I wonder if it was a plan by both Sinbad and Ren to keep them separated in order to weaken both of them and keep them subdued.

Sawaraseteyo, Shiba-kun

Hair fetish -> they go out -> have some relationship problems -> then do it in the infirmity

Pretty standard BL here.

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 20-26
7seeds26.png

;__________________; beautiful

Team Autumn seems pretty twisted in their own way but they've got weed so that makes them the best team. I guess there's only one team left to introduce, though it wouldn't surprise me if they're all already dead or still frozen.

Antiwhippy

7 Seeds 20-26

Team Autumn seems pretty twisted in their own way but they've got weed so that makes them the best team. I guess there's only one team left to introduce, though it wouldn't surprise me if they're all already dead or still frozen.

Goddamn, I really want you to read on now. Team summer A's introduction is one of the best arcs in the manga.

Magi 212

Complex schemes everywhere! Poor Alibaba, going to marry Kougyoku and have Sinbad watching them the entire time lol

Should add that I will be very disappointed if that doesn't happen. Things coming full circle and whatnot.

Antiwhippy

Kotoura-san 1-2

Just the everyday life of a girl who can read minds.

It comes off as cute, but christ it gets dark. There are parents who abandoned their child because of her mind reading, and then people committing suicide due to expectations. Yeesh.

Magi

I am not sure why Kouen is so confident versus Al tharmen...He would have been defeated by the vessel if it wasn't for Aladdin and Sinbad most likely....

Also, not surprising that they see Alibaba as a bigger deal than he seems to be, he does, of course have a Magi, which neither Sinbad nor Kouen have....

Yuki lost all her rights to be an acceptable character right after the "rape me or else we'll break up" scene.

Yuki was a great character until that point. She's supossed to be mature and versed in love and then does that? What a way to ruin your character.

I wouldn't say it goes to shit but it does break a lot of expectations of what you'd want from a manga of this type. I think that's part of the charm of it though I do think it's the weakest of Kitazaki's 3 Cupid titles. Even the ending, which can be pretty table-flipping worthy, actually makes sense considering what's going on with the story and what it's largely about. It also serves as, perhaps, an unintentional critique marriage in modern Japan.

Yeah, I think I didn't liked at all the change of tone, it becomes a full drama and at some points is almost overdone. Kinda what happened with Ichigo 100% but Kono S O Mi Yo is much better overall. Is not bad, but not what I wanted.

Hopefully there are promo shots of the for new Jump series in this issue, the names are intriguing.

- Illegal Rare by Shiibashi Hiroshi (author of Nurarihyon no Mago)
- Ai Shoujo by Takayama Toshinori
- Stealth Symphony by Narita Ryougo (author of Durarara!!) and Amano Youichi (author of Akaboshi)
- Soccer manga by Shimoyama Kento and Date Tsunehiro

I need Stealth Symphony sounds the best and soccer too.

- Stealth Symphony by Narita Ryougo (author of Durarara!!) and Amano Youichi (author of Akaboshi)

Yeah I saw that and you on "that" forum. Just hoping for a promo on ghe preview page when the ToC is released. Im surprised there hasnt been a manga called Ai Shoujo before, so generic.
Have any of them been oneshots?

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 212

I knew it! Alibaba is so useless that he can't make any important decision in the story himself. He always ends up doing what people want him to do, or place himself in situations prepared by those plotting to use him for their own purposes. He's so pathetic. But loveable I guess. Lol.

bigkrev

All you need is kill 2

Kinda a nothing chapter. At least little stuff is changing each time he dies, so maybe we will get some big shake-ups over time

Nisekoi 106

I'd say something about how this is actually progressing a plot, but I bet by the end of this 'arc' Haru gets hit on the head and forgets everything, so we can be right back at status quo.

Itsuka Tomodachi ja Nakunaru to Shite mo 01

Full of warm and fuzzy feelings

Parallel Lines 1
tumblr_n048glqeOZ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The cover gave the pairing away for the story but it was still a good one simply due to the arguing at first over Minato but then realizing Ichiya and Jirou liked each other though they argued. I want a continuation at least for a bit more in the way of action. Ichiya is favorite of the three. Best looks.

Lain

Just received a shipment from Amazon with I'm not popular volume 1-2, Tropic of the Sea, Sickness unto Death volume 1-2 and The Flowers of Evil volume 8.

I started giving a read to I'm not popular and was wondering why Yen Press thought it'd be cool to do that with the various sound effects.
By that, I mean leaving the Japanese in, add a romanization on top/side/below and then a translation between (). The translation only once too, because then it's romanization all the way.

upandaway

Nisekoi 106

I'd say something about how this is actually progressing a plot, but I bet by the end of this 'arc' Haru gets hit on the head and forgets everything, so we can be right back at status quo.
Wait, why is Haru finding out about that not the status quo? Everyone else already knows, she doesn't need to be hit with anything

I guess some people would want her hit regardless

bigkrev

Wait, why is Haru finding out about that not the status quo? Everyone else already knows, she doesn't need to be hit with anything

I guess some people would want her hit regardless

Because the entire point to her character is that she hates Raku because she thinks that he his hitting on other girls (mainly her sister) while he is in a relationship.

If she no longer thinks that, her character changes, and goes through character growth, a concept that Komi is scared of

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Because the entire point to her character is that she hates Raku because she thinks that he his hitting on other girls (mainly her sister) while he is in a relationship.

If she no longer thinks that, her character changes, and goes through character growth, a concept that Komi is scared of

If by character growth you mean she joins the harem that she was already in.

Hm looking it up Takayama Toshinori has only done the spinoffs for Toriko and Reborn, so I guess at least he can draw well?

Can't really find anything on the two soccer manga people.

I guess I'm interested in all of them and interested in how quickly they all get cancelled. do well.

DarkMehm

Hi guys, I'm back. (if you remember me)

My Girl 1 - End

Wow, what a ride. Especially in the first 20 chapters I teared up almost in every chapter. It fell off a bit after that, but still maintained a high quality. It seems like this is my favourite type of manga. Anyone got a few recommendations? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom