• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Marvel

MS. MARVEL
CAPTAIN AMERICA
THOR: GOD OF THUNDER
X-MEN
BLACK WIDOW
MIGHTY AVENGERS
NEW AVENGERS
THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN
HAWKEYE
UNCANNY X-MEN

DC

FOREVER EVIL
JUSTICE LEAGUE
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA
FOREVER EVIL: A.R.G.U.S.
FOREVER EVIL: ROGUES REBELLION
AQUAMAN
GREEN ARROW
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000
WONDER WOMAN
BATMAN/SUPERMAN
WORLDS’ FINEST
EARTH 2
SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN
SUPERMAN UNCHAINED
ACTION COMICS
SUPERMAN: LOIS LANE
SUPERGIRL
HARLEY QUINN
THE MOVEMENT

BLACK SCIENCE
DEADLY CLASS
FIVE GHOSTS
SEX CRIMINALS

Dark Horse
Black Beetle

I don't see Superior on your list GrandHarrier!

I don't particularly like Spider-man and an extreme version of Spider-man interests me even less. ;) I'll be picking up the new Wolverine and the X-Men series when it starts, though.

Honestly, if I could just get Marvel comics with Sentinels in them, I'd probably do that. I absolutely looove Sentinel.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Please quote your pull list and group them together by publishers:

I'm a weirdo who buys stuff based on covers and don't have an actual pull list. But I always buy:

X-Men
Capt. Marvel
Black Widow
Hawkeye

Supergirl
Batgirl
Batwoman
Birds of Prey

Red Sonja
Ms. Fury
TMNT
Archie
Betty & Vernoica
Archie Double Digest
Betty & Veronica Double Digest
Jughead Double Digest
Archie's Funhouse Double Digest
World of Archie Double Digest
B & V Friends Double Digest

8bit

Knows the Score
To move away from the costumes, some may be interested to know an English translation of Le Transperceneige / Snowpiercer is out from Titan Comics as of today.

Snowpiercer_poster.jpg

It was made into a movie last year, but I don't think there was an official translation before now.

http://titan-comics.com/c/100-snowpiercer-the-escape/

Snow-Piercer-web.jpg.size-600.jpg

Not exactly a fun read, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The Punisher
Thor: God Of Thunder
Black Widow
Avengers World
Avengers
New Avengers
Secret Avengers

Green Arrow
Wonder Woman
Superman Unchained
Batman
Talon
The Wake
The Unwritten: Apocalypse
Trillium

The Fuse
Undertow
Black Science
Fatale
Lazarus
The Manhattan Projects
Morning Glories
Revival
Sheltered
Umbral
Velvet

Abe Sapien
Baltimore: Chapel Of Bones
BPRD Hell On Earth
Lobster Johnson: Get the Lobster

Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland

Wasteland
The Sixth Gun
The Bunker

Liiiist. I omitted about 7 books that I'll get for my girlfriend
fables, fairest, B&R, Nightwing, Pretty Deadly, deadly class, Sex Criminals
, but I think this is it for me, I don't think I missed anything. The last set is Oni Press february books, if anyone is wondering.

I posted earlier about creating a Pull List Ranking for ComicGAF, if your interested please feel free to post what you will be pulling for next month.
Here it is:
List of Truth, Justice and February

DC:

Forever Evil
Justice League
Justice League of America
Forever Evil: Rogue's Rebellion
Suicide Squad
The Flash
Green Arrow
Justice League 3000
Wonder Woman
Batman/Superman
World's Finest (First Contact crossover only)
Earth 2
Superman/Wonder Woman
Superman Unchained
Action Comics
Batman
Batman and Two-Face
Green Lantern/Red Lanterns
Dead Boy Detectives
Fables
Trillium

Marvel:
Ms. Marvel
The Punisher
She-Hulk
Winter Soldier: The Bitter March
Captain America
Superior Spider-Man
New Warrior
Nova
Loki: Agent of Asgard
Thor: God of Thunder
Thunderbolts
Black Widow
Avengers World
Avengers
All-New X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy (Dropping after the crossover)
All-New X-Factor
Mighty Avengers
Avengers Assemble
New Avengers
Secret Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Cataclysm: The Ultimates Last Stand
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Amazing X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Wolverine & the X-Men
Deadpool
X-Men Legacy

Image:

Black Science
Deadly Class
Lazarus
The Manhattan Projects
Morning Glories
Rat Queens
Sex Criminals
Three
The Walking Dead

IDW:
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye
Transformers: Robots in Disguise
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Samurai Jack
Powerpuff Girls

Valiant:

Archer & Armstrong
Quantum & Woody

Dark Horse:
Serenity: Leaves on the Wind
...I gotta start reducing this.

Hey if you have the time, you fancy throwing your candid thoughts about your experiences/feelings with this book? Just interested in what someone who's been buying it thinks of it, good and/or bad.
My feelings, still buying it, but it's just typical Bendis. There's been what a dozen issues and I don't feel like anything has happened. The Bendis effect. There is virtual no plot. And Angela isn't on any of yhe solicited promos or covers.

Hey if you have the time, you fancy throwing your candid thoughts about your experiences/feelings with this book? Just interested in what someone who's been buying it thinks of it, good and/or bad.
My feelings, still buying it, but it's just typical Bendis. There's been what a dozen issues and I don't feel like anything has happened. The Bendis effect. There is virtual no plot. And Angela isn't on any of yhe solicited promos or covers.
It's the worst kind of Bendis Book. The personalities of the characters are interchangeable for the exception of a few dumb catchphrases and the pacing is so horrible it feels like nothing has happened. I really enjoy many of Bendis' work, his Daredevil and USM are favorites of mine. Yet GotG feels unnecessary. Not boring per se, but definitively lacking.

Pulllist for February:

DC:
Batman/Superman
Green Arrow
Justice League 3000
The Sandman: Overture

Marvel:
X-Men
All-New X-Men
Wolverine and the X-Men
Amazing X-Men
Daredevil
Hawkeye
Uncanny X-Men

Image:
The Walking Dead
The Manhattan Projects

Dark Horse:
The Black Beetle
Mind Mgmt
Serenity

It's the worst kind of Bendis Book. The personalities of the characters are interchangeable for the exception of a few dumb catchphrases and the pacing is so horrible it feels like nothing has happened. I really enjoy many of Bendis' work, his Daredevil and USM are favorites of mine. Yet GotG feels unnecessary. Not boring per se, but definitively lacking.

Thanks guys. Yea, the pacing, that's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I like his knack for dialogue is the thing, but I hate buying 2 trades worth of a book of his just to see where it might start possibly going. Do his x-men books suffer the same, or do they have a bit more ommpht?

Owzers

Thanks guys. Yea, the pacing, that's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I like his knack for dialogue is the thing, but I hate buying 2 trades worth of a book of his just to see where it might start possibly going. Do his x-men books suffer the same, or do they have a bit more ommpht?

His X-books are even worse regarding pace. I struggle with dropping books but i dropped All New, Uncanny, Gotg, and X-Men recently.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
This is awesome. I really need to check out Batman and Robin. I hear great things and I'm a big fan of Tomasi.

Yeah, check it out! It's a fantastic Batman run that's featured some of the best character moments in years. Also, Pat Gleason's art has been a pure joy to ogle from month-to-month.

Not to that same extent, but it is noticeable. It helps that he has both Uncanny and All-New so you are getting continuous updates on the characters. I forgive most of the faults in ANXM because I have a great time reading it though. The Original X-men are fun to read. I can't say the same about UXM because Bendis' new students are specially bland.

Marvel
MS. MARVEL
SHE-HULK
CAPTAIN AMERICA
UNCANNY AVENGERS
LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD
X-MEN
AVENGERS A.I.
HAWKEYE

DC
GREEN ARROW
WONDER WOMAN
AQUAMAN

IDW
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Looks like James Tynions big news is a Boom Stuidios project.
Sorry brah. You'll get six issues of it before it gets cancelled. They are only slightly better than Oni than keeping series around.
And good to see Amaya on ghe latest teaser from DC. Howard Portter can really whip Saddam Hussein's ass.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I'm sort of disappointed.

I'm not. Let him develop on his own away from useless backups under Snyder and then come back to DC and write some great stories. Dude did not need to be put on Batman as his first writing gig.

tim1138

Did Boom used to have the Disney license? I remember getting a Wall E miniseries for my wife 3-4 years ago and I think it was put out by Boom.

Did Boom used to have the Disney license? I remember getting a Wall E miniseries for my wife 3-4 years ago and I think it was put out by Boom.
Yep. Marvel did nothing with it when they ot it back. I fear for what they are going to do to Star Wars. They are going to dillute yheir already small talent pool to pump out books.

Yeah, check it out! It's a fantastic Batman run that's featured some of the best character moments in years. Also, Pat Gleason's art has been a pure joy to ogle from month-to-month.

Just pulled the trigger and picked up vol 1 & 2 from instock. Figured I should treat myself.

Also, I got an itunes gift card for my birthday and I decided I'm using it on comixology. Any recommendations? I'd like to get the most out of it and hit up one of their sales, but honestly I've only used comixology a handful of times and I don't know when's the best time to grab stuff. Saw Judge Dredd is on sale, is that worth looking into?

tim1138

Yep. Marvel did nothing with it when they ot it back. I fear for what they are going to do to Star Wars. They are going to dillute yheir already small talent pool to pump out books.

Yeah I gotta feeling they're gonna milk the Star Wars license dry and just churn out a bunch of crap just to have a bunch if books on the stands.

Just pulled the trigger and picked up vol 1 & 2 from instock. Figured I should treat myself.

Also, I got an itunes gift card for my birthday and I decided I'm using it on comixology. Any recommendations? I'd like to get the most out of it and hit up one of their sales, but honestly I've only used comixology a handful of times and I don't know when's the best time to grab stuff. Saw Judge Dredd is on sale, is that worth looking into?

I loved Mars Attacks Judge Dredd, it's a bargain for $4 for the series.

I'm confused, are we only doing list for next month or doing the entire pull?

It's supposed to be a list for the next month, but not everyone has their listening ears on.

The thing with Batman.. How is he always swinging and climbing with these ropes? And how does young Robin-of-the-moment have the skill to do the same? Seriously there are so many old, brick buildings with gargoyles or whatever in Gotham? Does he ever start to climb and then the bat-thing unwedges and he falls in his ass? And they jump from so high! No knee tweaks? Twisted ankles? Misjudged distances? I find flying and magic much easier to swallow than these Bat-abilities.

I'm fired from Comic-GAF, aren't I?

It's supposed to be a list for the next month, but not everyone has their listening ears on.

The thing with Batman.. How is he always swinging and climbing with these ropes? And how does young Robin-of-the-moment have the skill to do the same? Seriously there are so many old, brick buildings with gargoyles or whatever in Gotham? Does he ever start to climb and then the bat-thing unwedges and he falls in his ass? And they jump from so high! No knee tweaks? Twisted ankles? Misjudged distances? I find flying and magic much easier to swallow than these Bat-abilities.

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to cape books.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

They're pretty bad with pacing BUT I still love them. The O5 are just so cool as characters right now, plus he's got a great handle on Scott and that whole extinction team. But really, bugger all has happened in 22 issues of ANXM, if it wasn't for the art I would be off the book by now. But ANXM 22 was fantastic, utterly wonderful stuff. So when I think about it, I'd rather have a book that is beautiful and funny and filled with great characters than something immaculately plotted but with everything else fairly middling. ANXM is kinda of what I've wanted from a team book for ages, which is really just interpersonal dynamics without as much of that silly super villain punchy nonsense to get in the way.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Not to that same extent, but it is noticeable. It helps that he has both Uncanny and All-New so you are getting continuous updates on the characters. I forgive most of the faults in ANXM because I have a great time reading it though. The Original X-men are fun to read. I can't say the same about UXM because Bendis' new students are specially bland.

But Gold Balls tho.

Lalalalalalalala not lissning

Filthy Slug

3328775-grant-morrison.jpg

Kinyou

To move away from the costumes, some may be interested to know an English translation of Le Transperceneige / Snowpiercer is out from Titan Comics as of today.

Snowpiercer_poster.jpg

It was made into a movie last year, but I don't think there was an official translation before now.

http://titan-comics.com/c/100-snowpiercer-the-escape/

Snow-Piercer-web.jpg.size-600.jpg

Not exactly a fun read, but enjoyable nonetheless.

That's where basically the last rest of humanity lives on a train, right? Might look into it

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I really like the book, but come on. What can you tell me about Gold Balls that isn't about his Gold Balling or how he didn't like being called Gold Ball until he gave up and kept the name?

I like the sound the balls make. POINK. And to be fair, he did get a whole issue just about him which is more than most people. He's a bit cowardly, probably shouldn't be an x-man, heart (and balls) of gold. I like him and the Aussie girl the best, I think they're good characters. And the kid that can heal people too, that's a good power.

I like the sound the balls make. POINK. And to be fair, he did get a whole issue just about him which is more than most people. He's a bit cowardly, probably shouldn't be an x-man, heart (and balls) of gold. I like him and the Aussie girl the best, I think they're good characters. And the kid that can heal people too, that's a good power.

I feel there is potential in the group but it's taken too long for anything to happen. The issues focusing on the single characters have been alright, but I still don't feel any sort of ensemble dynamic. That being said, based on the solicits, next month's issue promises to be just what I'm looking for.

Broo the worst X-Men?
How can someone be so wrong?

Oh no hahah man, I got as far as Magneto/Joseph, that brings memories back haha I remember reading that as it came out and thinking it was cool and totally crazy and ohmigod how did he get younger and stuff (I was 8).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom