• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2014 Backlog Blitz - Success is not final, failure is not fatal.

Shengar

Oops, should've just copy-paste this post but ended up editing it :p

Bought in 2014: 1
Beaten in 2014: 2
Current Score: 1

Bought in January:
Bravely Default (Pre-order) -1

Beaten in January:
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Tearaway

Currently on my Backlog: Too many to show

Currently Playing:
Nier
Ys: Memories of Celceta

Schmitty

In the same day I finish a game, I caved and bought a game I've been meaning to get for a while.

Games Beaten = 1
Games Bought = 1
Total = 0

Games Bought in 2014
- Shadow of the Colossus/Ico

Games Beaten in 2014
- GR: Shadow Wars

Currently Playing (that will count for this year)
1. Dark Souls -- just need to beat the final boss
2. SM3DW
3. Sonic Transformed Racing
4. Wind Waker

Onislash

Got Hexyz Force, Bravely Default FF7 (Steam) and FF8 (Steam)

My backloggery

Bought in 2014: 6
Current Score: -4

Bought this month:

Hexyz Force
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Tearaway
Killzone Mercenary

Beaten this month:

Tearaway
Killzone Mercenary

Playing:

Tales of Xillia
Wild Arms

Priorities:

Tales of Xillia - Chapter 2
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Brashnir

Finished Dark Souls this morning. I know it's a bit of a sacred cow around these parts, and I do appreciate a lot of the aspects of its design, but I can't say I liked it nearly as much as most of the game's fans seem to.

I had the game (and Demon's Souls, for that matter) sitting in my backlog after buying it for cheap, and it took watching several streams of the game (Vinny Caravella and Jeff Green in particular) to get me to finally play it. So in that sense, a lot of the game was spoiled for me before I played it, but at the same time, knowing a challenge is coming up isn't the same as executing a plan and overcoming it. Dark Souls, at its core, is all about putting together a strategy and executing on it to defeat the obstacles it throws at you.

Where the game loses me sometimes is being completely obtuse about explaining its systems to a player. The systems in place are generally reasonably well thought-out and functional, but they're byzantine to a fault and the player base is expected to waste an inordinate amount of time and potentially non-recoverable resources to learn them. Thankfully, most of this work has been completed already by the community, so the instruction manual which should have been a part of the game has been written by the community.

I'm not one who needs a giant red arrow on the HUD telling me where to go, but still, I did feel that the game was pretty aimless in many regards and again, does a poor job of surfacing critical information on where a player should be going. Now, this isn't so much a fault of the game itself as a disconnect between the game and what interests me. The frequently-branching maze-like structure of the game is well-constructed and provides lots of secrets and places to explore. That said, the game presents a lot of sections which require platforming, and couples them with a slippery animation system which is nowhere near ideal for the task.

The animation-priority system in place is also a bit of a pet peeve of mine. I'm not going to go so far as to say it's a bad game design, but again, it's a design philosophy that doesn't really click with me personally. I prefer game controls to be a little snappier and more direct and have hated games that leave you stuck in long animations since I played the original 2D Prince of Persia decades ago. Again, it's not a bad way to design a game, but in the root design philosophy of games as tools vs. obstacles, it's a toolset that I've personally never been a huge fan of.

All those complaints aside, at the end of the day I did enjoy my time in Dark Souls. I certainly wouldn't have kept playing it for 29 and a half hours if I didn't. At its core, it's a very well-constructed game that I often appreciated philosophically more than I actually liked. Having done some reading on Demon's souls, the hub world system seems like it would mesh better with my preferences, so I look forward to working my way through that as well.

Overall score - 3/5

Bought in 2014: 0

Finished in 2014: 3

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies: Turnabout Reclaimed - 9 hours - 4/5
  • Shadowrun Returns - 11 hours - 4/5
  • Dark Souls - 3/5

Backlog Blitz 2014 Score: +3

Slashlen

Still playing AC4, just totaling the damage from the PSN sale. Also started Tearaway. Really good, but only playing it in short bursts. I'm getting close on AC4, that and some shiny new short games hopefully means I can make up some of this damage soon.

1/19/14 Update

Bought in 2014: 4
Beat in 2014: 1
Current Score: -3

Bought:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Puppeteer
Rain
Thomas was Alone

Beaten:
Saint's Row IV

Freebies:
3 PS+ games.

Currently Playing:
Assassin's Creed IV
Tearaway
Resogun

How do you guys deal with F2P games in your collections and in general?

I don't buy games until I've finished what I'm currently playing (95% of the time anyway) so I don't ever really have a backlog, but I'm at an impasse when it comes to F2P titles and "ownership"/"completion"

Brashnir

How do you guys deal with F2P games in your collections and in general?

I don't buy games until I've finished what I'm currently playing (95% of the time anyway) so I don't ever really have a backlog, but I'm at an impasse when it comes to F2P titles and "ownership"/"completion"

either:

A) Same as Rentals. +/-1 if you finish it, 0 if you don't.

B) If it is a game without an ending, treat it the same as any other game with no ending, in that if you got what you wanted out of it, count it at +/-1. Unlike purchased games with no ending, however, you don't get a -1 for buying it. It's a 0 in those instances.

Bought in 2014: 1 (NES Remix)

Beaten in 2014: 2 (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Zelda: LBW)

2014 Score: +1

So far not bad at all... but I so have that itch to go get some new games today..

Currently playing:

-Nes Remix
-Skyward Sword

otakuderek

Beat Ghosts' campaign. Good story, what a ending. MP will be played occasionally, but I'm considering the game done. Battlefield 4 will be my go to multiplayer game. Updated the stats below. I'm pushing through Knack at a decent clip and almost to the playoffs in 2K14 in MyCareer. Pokemon is my nightly game before bed.
I'm wrecking Team Flare's base right now. Gym 8 coming up.

Current Score: 1

Bought:
  • Ryse
Beaten:
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts

Currently Playing:
Knack
NBA 2K14
Pokemon X

Maklershed's Backloggery

Just beat Guacamelee (Vita)

Games Beaten: 5
Current score: +1

Bought pre-2014: 42
Pre-2014 Games Beaten: 1

Beaten:
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Hotline Miami
God of War Ascension
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Guacamelee

Currently Playing:
Resistance 3

Zhao_Yun

Not off to a good start this year. :(

Bought in 2014: 5
Beat in 2014: 2

Bought:
Ys Origin (PC)
Tearaway (Vita)
Suikoden V (PS2)
Onimusha 2 (PS2)
Persona 4: Golden (Vita)

Beaten:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
Radiant Historia (NDS)

Currently Playing:
Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)

Viridian6

21/01/2014 Update

In an attempt to keep the score respectable (and whatever my backloggery might say), I'm going to rule that Humble Bundle and PSPlus games count as +1/-1 only if I intend to beat them.

Bought in 2014: 20
1. Don't Starve (PC)
2. Half-Life 2 (PC)
3. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (PC)
4. Half-Life 2 Episode 1 (PC)
5. Half-Life 2 Episode 2 (PC)
6. Ys I (PC)
7. Ys II (PC)
8. Dishonored (PC)
9. Tomb Raider (2013) (PC)
10. Valdis Story: Abyssal City (PC)
11. DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3) (PSPlus)
12. To the Moon (PC) (Humble Indie Bundle X)
13. Surgeon Simulator 2013 (PC) (Humble Indie Bundle X)
14. Tales of Xillia (PS3)
15. Killzone: Mercenary (PSVita)
16. Puppeteer (PS3)
17. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PSVita)
18. Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (PS3/Vita)
19. Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (PS3/Vita)
20. Thomas Was Alone: (PS3/Vita)

Beat in 2014: 2
1. LIMBO (PC)
2. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast (PC)

Current Score: -18

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy IV Interlude (PSVita)
God of War: Ascension (PS3)
KIllzone: Mercenary (PSVita)
Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
The Walking Dead (PC)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PC)

Shengar

Finished with Ys: Memories of Celceta. The gameplay really put me onto action-craze. I'll play Wonderful 101 after this.

Beaten in 2014: 3
Current Score: 2

Bought in January:
Bravely Default (Pre-order)

Beaten in January:
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Tearaway
Ys: Memories of Celceta +1

Currently on my Backlog: Too many to show

Currently Playing:
Nier
Wonderful 101

Gries

bought in 2014: 0
completed in 2014: 9

-> current score: + 9

completed:

january (9 so far)
Last of Us (16h, 4/5)
Super Mario Land 1 (1h, 1/5)
Super Mario Land 2 (3h, 2/5)
Donkey Kong Country 1 (2h, 2.5/5)
Silent Hill Origins (9h, 4/5)
Katamari Damacy (7h, 3.5/5)
Wave Race 3: Blue Storm (2h, 1.5/5 - beat the championships on normal & advanced difficulty)
1080° Avalanche (3h, 2/5 - won every race and unlocked the credits)
Zelda Windwaker (30h, 3/5)

Gameboy: II
SNES: I
Gamecube: III
PSP: I
PS2: I
PS3: I

february ()

march ()

currently playing:

Resident Evil 4 (7h, 2.5/5)
Siren 3: Blood Curse (3h, 3/5)
Metroid Prime 1 (8h, 4/5)

mrpookles

Quick update. Still one ahead.

Bought in 2014: 2
Current Score: +1

Beaten:
Assassin's Creed 4 (PC)
Gone Home (PC)
Final Fantasy 7 (PC)

Bought:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PC)
Final Fantasy 8 (PC)

Currently playing:
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

Figured i might as well try this, i've always been struggling with my backlog, this might actually help me.

My Backloggery

Bought in 2014: 2
Current Score: 0

Bought in January:
Metal Gear Rising
Guacamelee (Ps Vita)

Beaten in January:
Dark Souls (Pc)
Persona 4: Golden (Ps Vita)

Currently on my Backlog: Waaay to long, still updating backloggery

Currently Playing:
Demon's Souls - Ps3 (loved Dark Souls and had this sitting in my backlog since lauch)
Guacamelee - Loving this
Broken Age - Want to take it slow, but i'm really enjoying it so far
Assassin's Creed IV - Ps4 (9 hours in, pretty good)
Ghost Trick - Iphone (while going to work)
Metal Gear Rising - Pc (almost finished with it)

Beat Mega Man IV. Wow, that was way harder than the previous games in the series. The stuff after the robot masters was particularly brutal, having to do half the level again every time you died on the difficult bosses. it was also kinda charmless compared to previous entries, though some of the bosses were cool.

2014:

Beaten: 6
Bought: 0

Score: 6

I've been really good so far about not getting anything, but I think I'll need to get Bioshock Infinite off PS+, I haven't played it yet. Either way, good to see my backlog finally dropping a bit. Let's see how long I can keep this going for.

Got Bioshock Infinite off PS+ as per plan. Finished Bioshock Infinite as per plan. Man, what a ride. I couldn't put it down, I basically shut out the rest of my life for every spare minute for 4 days straight. That game was really something special. I never actually finished the first game (got like 90% of the way through), this kind of makes me want to go back to it. But, I don't own it any more so I've gotta stick to the plan. Anyway, not much more I can say about BI that hasn't been said (at least in a thread like this) save that if I had finished it earlier, it definitely would have rated higher in my games of the year list. Really good stuff.

2014:

Beaten: 7
Bought: 1

I think I've got to be close to a personal record for most games beaten in a month, if I haven't hit it already. I think I've still got time for a couple more.

Brashnir

Got Bioshock Infinite off PS+ as per plan. Finished Bioshock Infinite as per plan. Man, what a ride. I couldn't put it down, I basically shut out the rest of my life for every spare minute for 4 days straight. That game was really something special. I never actually finished the first game (got like 90% of the way through), this kind of makes me want to go back to it. But, I don't own it any more so I've gotta stick to the plan. Anyway, not much more I can say about BI that hasn't been said (at least in a thread like this) save that if I had finished it earlier, it definitely would have rated higher in my games of the year list. Really good stuff.

2014:

Beaten: 7
Bought: 1

I think I've got to be close to a personal record for most games beaten in a month, if I haven't hit it already. I think I've still got time for a couple more.

Nice work. Any chance you could add a list to your updates? I think it's interesting to see a completion order - it's sort of a long-form stream of consciousness of a person's game-playing choices.

Nice work. Any chance you could add a list to your updates? I think it's interesting to see a completion order - it's sort of a long-form stream of consciousness of a person's game-playing choices.

Sure. It kind of started with me finishing Wind Waker before Christmas, wanting more Zelda, then kind of sticking with the classics. All the GOTY lists made me want to jump on Bioshock when it hit PS+. I'll probably grab Brothers for the same reason, a year of Giant Bombcasts have got me really curious about that game.

So far in 2014:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Metroid
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man X
Final Fight 3
Bioshock Infinite

My goal was 24 games finished on the year (2 per month), so I'm well ahead of that now after falling short last year.

Sora_N

This year I will try much harder to restrict my purchases, I flaked near the end months in 2013 and got busy with exams + work + holidays as well.

http://backloggery.com/aisu

Beaten in 2014: 5
Current Score: +1

Currently Playing:
Phoenix Wright 5
Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita)

Purchases:
January
Liberation Maiden
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Killzone Mercenaries (PSN)
Time and Eternity (PS3)

Beaten:
January
Amazing Spider-man, The - 01/07
Tomb Raider (Steam) - 01/12
Attack of the Friday Monsters - 01/18
Lego Lord of the Rings (Vita) - 01/19 <- Platinum
Killzone Mercenaries - 01/23

Guess I've been playing a lot lately, finished KZ Mercs. I liked the campaign, it was short but to the point imo.

BurakkuEmparaa

Neo Member
Update

Bought in 2014: 6

Bought:
Brothers: A Tale of two Sons
Another World
Duck Tales: Remastered
Völgarr the Viking
The Banner Saga
Nidhogg

Beaten 2014
Brothers: A Tale of two Sons
Duck Tales: Remastered
Rogue Legacy

Currently Playing:
The Banner Saga
Völgarr the Viking

lordkosc

I am not sure if this thread will help me play more games, or make my lack of gaming shame visible for all to see. I am gonna list games that I've purchased and or finally got a key for in 2014 from kick-starters of previous years.

I won't lie in saying I am horrible at actually getting around to playing games I've bought.
In 2013 I actually lost track of games I bought after September due to tons of bundles and steam sales. I know my games owned on Steam went up by around 200 last year.

http://backloggery.com/lordkosc

Bought in 2014: 10
Beaten in 2014: 0
Current Score: -10

Currently Playing:
Star Trek Online
Dishonored Brigmore Witches DLC

Purchases and Kickstarter games that were released in 2014.

January
Assassins Creed Liberation HD
Consortium
Divinity Original Sin
Dungeon Siege 3 +dlc
Foul Play
Sanctum 2 +dlc
The Secret World
Thief
Void Destroyer
Titanfall

Games I completed in 2014:

State of Decay

vitacola

2nd Update:
Beat Uncharted: Golden Abyss this week. I think it is worse than the first Uncharted. Especially the gimmicky touchscreen features they put in the game just annoyed me. If there wouldn't have been the Backlog Blitz I probably wouldn't have finished it ...

My
(still not yet up to date)
backloggery:
http://www.backloggery.com/katzenkoerper

Score: -2

Bought:
  • The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Steam)
  • The Stanley Parable (Steam)
  • Virtue's Last Reward (Vita)
  • Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Beaten:
  • GTA 5 (PS3)
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Currently Playing:
  • Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS)

astonish

Alright I'm going to get in on this. I have no great ambitions to completely finish my queue, but I want my float total way lower before I start buying many next-gen games.

Games bought in 2014: 1
Games completed in 2014: 1
Games cut from the backlog: 0
Score: 0

My backloggery will get filled out over the week. Looking through my substantial games list there are lots that I've decided I enjoyed trying, but have no intent to complete. Making this list is a good time to cut my losses. The harder ones are the retro games. I think I've come up with three rules:

1. Seminal Games I have never played (Zelda:LTTP, FF7) definitely count
  2. Games at least one gen old (e.g. OG Xbox) that I finished back in the day, but I want to do a full run through will count as completed games (there will be very few of these I expect)
  3. Everything else thats a part of my game collecting or games I knew I would only "try" when I picked them up (i.e. almost all of my JP SAT collection) don't count

Recently Purchased: Nidhogg
Recently Beaten: X-Com: Enemy Unknown
Currently Playing: Broken Age (couch w/ spouse game), Trine 2 (on DLC), Zelda: LBW
Current Time Vampire: Civilization V with friends

Slashlen

Finished AC4, Resogun, and I played through Thomas Was Alone. Liked it, fun little puzzle game. Tearaway continues, still really good. Started The Guided Fate Paradox. Liking the dungeon crawling of that one, but the story has been crap so far. I miss ZHP. Also picked up La-Mulana.

No plans to pick up anything anytime soon, but that doesn't mean anything.

1/26/14 Update

Bought in 2014: 5
Beat in 2014: 3
Current Score: -2

Bought:
Puppeteer
Rain
Thomas was Alone
La-Mulana

Beaten:
Saint's Row IV
Resogun (Plus)
Thomas was Alone

Freebies:
4 PS+ games.

Currently Playing:
The Guided Fate Paradox
Tearaway

gaiages

Banned
Ooo, this seems fun/motivating. I'll join in, as well!

My Backloggery

First Update (1/26)
January (1)
  • Two Brothers
Beaten in 2014: 4
January (4)
  • Tales of Destiny
  • Hector Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Drakengard
Score:
January -1/+4 = +3
TOTAL -1/+4 = +3

Other Notes:
Pre-ordered games: Bravely Default | Steins;Gate
Currently Playing: Drakengard 2 | My World, My Way | Etrian Odyssey IV | Ys: Memories of Celceta

I'm honestly not planning on buying too many games this year, as after I move in April I won't have much money to buy games, so hopefully I'll end up with a positive number.

Chordian

Neo Member
OP, here's another backlog site you can add to resources: GameDeed.com

It's easy to sort date by column click or filter by clicking a date in a deed row. For example, check out my list there and then click the "Dates" column header twice. You can now see what games I have completed so far in 2014. Or, you can just search for "2014" as "Play Year" in the top banner search box.

Clicking almost anything in a table row filters for that element accordingly (developer, genre, status label, etc.).

gamedeed.png

My personal list of games completed, abandoned, etc.
http://gamedeed.com/user/chordian

Games completed in 2014 so far:
Dead Island
Dead Island: Ryder White (DLC)
Gone Home

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OP, here's another backlog site you can add to resources: GameDeed.com

It's easy to sort date by column click or filter by clicking a date in a deed row. For example, check out my list there and then click the "Dates" column header twice. You can now see what games I have completed so far in 2014. Or, you can just search for "2014" as "Play Year" in the top banner search box.

Clicking almost anything in a table row filters for that element accordingly (developer, genre, status label, etc.).

gamedeed.png

Might be good to mention you made the site.

Figured i might as well try this, i've always been struggling with my backlog, this might actually help me.

My Backloggery

Bought in 2014: 4/b]
Current Score: -1

Bought in January:
Metal Gear Rising
Guacamelee (Ps Vita)
DayZ
Paper Sorcerer

Beaten in January:
Dark Souls (Pc)
Persona 4: Golden (Ps Vita)
The Last of Us (Ps3)

Currently on my Backlog: Waaay to long, still updating backloggery

Currently Playing:
Demon's Souls - Ps3 (loved Dark Souls and had this sitting in my backlog since lauch)
Guacamelee - Loving this
Broken Age - Want to take it slow, but i'm really enjoying it so far
Assassin's Creed IV - Ps4 (9 hours in, pretty good)
Ghost Trick - Iphone (while going to work)
Metal Gear Rising - Pc (almost finished with it)

Updated, Finally decided to play The Last of Us and wow, what a fantastic game that was, i'll probably play it again in the near future

DeBurgo

Gonna do this since I'm making pretty good progress so far. I might have made one post in the previous thread and never updated it?

http://backloggery.com/DeBurgo

Beat in 2014: 3
Current Score: +2

Bought/Recieved in January:
X-Com: Enemy Within (I bought this around the tail end of the steam sale)

Beaten in January:
Journey
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
La-Mulana

Currently Playing: Witcher 2. I want to beat it before the end of this week, but that's probably not happening.

Freebies: Everything in PS+ in January? I dunno. Also I won Skulls of the Shogun in a contest, and I don't feel the need to count that.

It's been a very cold few weeks where I live and I haven't been on exercise equipment (treadmills mostly) because thery're in a non-sealed room so my PSP/DS backlog hasn't changed much. I suspect that this list will really begin to move now that football season is over.

January Progress (so far): 0

Games completed this month (1)
You Don't Know Jack Vol. 6 (PC) (1/18) - some of the jokes are really bad (I'm not an insomniac because I play at 4:50AM, the wit is off sometimes), and you run out of certain special questions long before you get to the end...I must admit, I think The 5th Dementia is better even if it plays slowly

Games playing (8)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (360)
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 (360)
Etrian Odyssey 3: The Drowned City (DS)
Gradius 3 (PSP)
Halo 4 (360) (only doing co-op campaign)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Possible next games to start (5)
Another RPG
Sonic 1
strategy game (Alpha Centauri)

Progress for January: 1
Total score: 1

Onislash

Got Shin Gundam Musou and Beat Shin Gundam Musou plus Wild Arms

My backloggery

Beaten in 2014: 4
Bought in 2014: 7

Bought this month:

Shin Gundam Musou
Hexyz Force
Bravely Default
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Tearaway
Killzone Mercenary

Beaten this month:

Wild Arms
Shin Gundam Musou
Tearaway
Killzone Mercenary

Playing:

Wild Arms 2
Agarest Generations of War 2

Priorities:

Nothing right now

marcincz

My little update

1. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (PS3)

Beat in 2014: 1
1. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (X360)

Current Score: 0

Currently Playing:
Ni no Kuni (PS3)

flkraven

Update: 1/30/14

I can't see myself beating anything else by tomorrow, so I may as well give January's update. Beat quite a few games this month, and I am in the positive! I need to keep plugging away before I buy a new console, since I know that will set me back some.

HowLongToBeat Profile
Also, add me on XBL! Gamertag: flkRaven

Beat in 2014: 8
Current Score: +4

Bought:
  • Patapon (PSP)
  • Every Extend Extra (PSP)
  • Me & My Katamari (PSP)
  • The Witcher (PC)
Beaten:
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • The Wolf Among Us: Chapter 1
  • The Saboteur
  • Trials Evolution
  • Crysis
  • Gears of War 3
  • Forza Motorsport 4
  • The Witcher 2
My Summary of Beaten Games
Currently Playing:
  • Dishonored
  • NCAA Football (2010)

Update:

2014 Games Beaten: 0

Total Beaten in 2014: 3

Beaten:
Dishonored
Saints Row IV
The Last of Us

Current Score: 2

Currently Playing:
- XCOM: Enemy Within

This month was went pretty well. I've played quite a lot of all the new games I got and hopefully I'll complete them during February. Might & Magic X is awesome and it'll probably take me another 30 hours to reach the end.

wDYak2r.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
January-4
• Don't Starve†
• Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien*
• Wii Fit U
• Might & Magic X: Legacy

Completed:
January+7
• Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
• Evoland
• Long Live The Queen
• Antichamber
• F.E.A.R. 3
• Killzone: Shadow Fall
• Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien

* - free
† - "free" from Playstation Plus

Previous months
• [placeholder]

Backloggery (359 games in backlog)

Schmitty

Just beat 3D World. Need to focus on knocking out Dark Souls.

Current Score = 1

Games beaten
GR: Shadow Wars (3DS)
SM3DW (WiiU)

Games bought:
Shadow of Colossus/Ico (PS3)

Currently playing:
Wind Waker
Sonic Racing
Dark Souls

StingX2

January is done for me as I'm going out of town for 3 days.

Bought in 2014: 13
Beaten in 2014: 7
Current Score: -6

January Bought: 13
Valdis Story: Abyssal City (Steam)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PSN) [Plus]
To the Moon [Steam]
Joe Danger 2: The Movie [Steam]
Papo & Yo [Steam]
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien [Steam]
A Valley Without Wind
A Valley Without Wind 2
Dungeon Hearts
Richard & Alice
Waveform
DmC
Tales of Xillia

January Beat: 7
Urban Trial Freestyle (PSN)
Zelda A Link Between Worlds
Ni No Kuni
DLC Quest
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again
UMVC3 Vita
Batman Arkham City
January Score: -6

February Goals: Try to buy 0, plus and rentals are just a way of life

Fire Emblem: Awakening is beat. Soild game, I can see why there's so much love for it now.

Puts me at +1

Beat (+2):
1. The Last of Us - 1/2
2. Fire Emblem: Awakening - 1/31

Bought (-1):
1. Resident Evil: Revelations (360) - 1/2

Removed due to not liking (does not count as +1 beat but does count as -1 to backlog):

Backlog is now at 3.

http://backloggery.com/gryphter

We've steadied a bit on the housework so I expect to be gaming more regularly now. Resident Evil: Revelations on 360 is next. I hear that this is more like classic RE so it's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

I sold a ton of my backlog in June that I knew I would never get to or games I didn't like much, so I have reset my list. I sold all the games for what I paid for them or even a little more, so in my mind it resets. :) I hope I can now keep the score a little more sane, as I was around negative 60 before.

Score = -16

Bought in 2014 - 27
*Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Origins
Bioshock 2 - for second playthrough
*Bioshock Infinite
*Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
Bulletstorm
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
*Counter Strike Global Offensive
Deus Ex Human Revolution
*Dishonored
Dungeon Siege 2
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition - for second playthrough
Half-Life 2
Half-life 2 Episode 1
Half-life 2 Episode 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne 3
MX vs ATV Reflex
Payday The Heist
Portal 2
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Skyrim Legendary Edition - for third playthrough, this time on PC with HD textures, awww yeah
Transformers War For Cybertron
Tomb Raider 2013 GotY
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
Witcher 2 Assassin&#8217;s of Kings

Finished in 2014 - 11
Batman Arkham City
Bioshock 1 - second playthrough
Bioshock Infinite
Brothers A Tale of Two Sons
Call of Duty Ghosts
Counter Strike Global Offensive - played it enough to consider it "finished" - still plan to play it once in a while when I need an MP fix
Dishonored
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Halo 3 - second playthrough
Red Faction Guerrilla

Top Bottom