• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Disclaimer: I can't say with certainty that I'll be available for more of these statistics posts at the time of the updates over the course of the next week. They'll be there eventually, but perhaps not immediately. Hence why I've kind of been "going out" with a bang over this past week, though I'm not truly leaving.

-30 character profiles so far, and 32 playable movesets (the Pokemon Trainer combo). How high can we go? Nobody knows. Unless they've read the spoilers (or had their own inside sources), of course, but, why, none of us innocent Dojo thread people would ever do such a thing.

-24 special moves, tying music, and 27 final smashes.

-F-Zero moves from 2 updates to 5, catching up with Yoshi, Ice Climbers, and Pikmin. One of these series is not like the others. One of these series does not belong. >_>

-Luigi gets three screenshots and breaks a tie with Sheik while also passing Charizard (who had also gotten a screenshot).

-Captain Falcon appears in 13 screenshots in one go and bursts past Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Falco to tie with fellow once-secret-then-default-then-secret-again character Ness.

-If these screenshots weren't probably taken weeks or months in advance, I'd think that Sakurai must have ninjas or something reading GAF and wanting to see more Elizabethan DK, because he appeared in three screenshots again today, breaking the just-established tie with Meta Knight. He's been in 73 screenshots to date; 17 of those have come from this month. In January there were only 4; in December there were only 7; in November there were only 7; in October there were only 6; in September there was only 1. Hmm. (14 in August, and 17 in July--but July was the month where both he and his final smash were revealed.)
Saith DK: "And I was 'overfool' to meet the Meta Knight without blade? A laugh. Proceeding onward now, lo, who do I pursue--anon who runneth before me, a single pace ahead? Ah, by his robe do I know the answer: it is King Dedede. A fine racer, in sooth, but methinks he may have eaten recently at too great a gourmet to outpace much longer."

-Wednesday and Friday had both had three official final smash updates and one unofficial, but now Friday has two of the latter.

~That Fri-chan cheats, cheats, cheats, she's never fair!
All envy, I'm sure, that's certainly why
she always steals the stage each time she's there
with stealthy thingies that make her sister cry.
Fifty-two updates, yeah, but five are a lie;
they don't count, they're not real, they're fake, the end!
But Fri-chan's a hot one, so really I
should only choose words that I can defend.

I'll call a tie; now will you two please mend
your quirked-up relation and never compete?
Thursy's your sister, but could call you her friend;
please give her one week without a defeat...
'Cause if you keep stealthing, one thing is true:
fair Thursy, I'll always be cheering for you!~

(not a spoiler)
...Blah, even I can't kick out a Spenserian sonnet that's both perfectly in character and perfectly in iambic pentameter in under two hours. >_> I think I'll never, ever, ever try this again. :lol

Fenix

Thanks for the stats Jiggy.... also thanks for reminding me why I never took postsecondary English.

Also, since I finally got a computer at home again as of yesterday, I'm about 60% through my section... should be able to finish it tomorrow.

Jiggy

The Great Smash Bros. Dojo Thread Quote Hunt

Posts 1-2,500: scottnak
Posts 2,501-5,000: Jiggy37
Posts 5,001-7,500: bombcar

Posts 7,501-10,000: scottnak
Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22 (40% done)
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian (nearly done)
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato (partly done)
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix (1500/2500 down)
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix (60% done)
Posts 37,501-40,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled
Posts 42,501-45,000: dude
Posts 45,001-47,500: Man God
Posts 47,501-50,000: possibly reserved for pulga?
Posts 50,001-52,500:
Posts 52,501-55,000:
Posts 55,001-57,500: Jiggy37
Posts 57,501-60,000: Jiggy37

Iam Canadian said:
I'm almost through my first section...though I think I may have too many quotes, and I'm not even done yet. >_> I may have to prune it a bit before I send it to Jig.
Are there over 300? If there are over 300, trim now, otherwise we may be fine. Maybe. I don't know. But yeah, I've kind of decided that I'm not going to do any "final" pruning myself. Anything people thought should get in will get in; I'm not about to (basically) censor anybody's opinions of what stuff was worth quoting.

I may add stuff, though, like if I think a certain quote needed the full context of the post it was quoting and the quote-hunter didn't put that part in. >_> I'll mark my additions, though.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Are there over 300? If there are over 300, trim now, otherwise we may be fine. Maybe. I don't know. But yeah, I've kind of decided that I'm not going to do any "final" pruning myself. Anything people thought should get in will get in; I'm not about to (basically) censor anybody's opinions of what stuff was worth quoting.

I may add stuff, though, like if I think a certain quote needed the full context of the post it was quoting and the quote-hunter didn't put that part in. >_> I'll mark my additions, though.

N...no, I don't have over 300...

D...d...do you?

Geez, and I thought around 50 or so was bad... >_> (Although several are lumped under one category, such as "bitter tears over Ice Climbers".)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To think, I was just in bed thinking to myself about the days when I would predict Captain Falcon hopelessly everyday day. Lo and ehild, he appears!
This is a sign that today shall be a good day!

Aslo

English: FALCON PUNCH!!
German: FALCON-PUNCH!
French: COUP DE POING FALCON !!!
Spanish: ¡GANCHO DE FUEGO!
Italian: PUGNO FALCON!

Jiggy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ER1zpg_F4

Three Captain Falcons in Melee fight, and taunt in tune to Together We Ride.

Iam Canadian said:
N...no, I don't have over 300...

D...d...do you?

Geez, and I thought around 50 or so was bad... >_> (Although several are lumped under one category, such as "bitter tears over Ice Climbers".)
I have 97 links (not all quotes, some are links to entire pages) spread over my three sections. And 18 of those were just people saying they thought Sheik was surely gone. I had thought I was quoting too much, but then people started sending me the stuff they'd dug up, and--well, yeah, so much for that theory.

I might actually need to go back and see if I can find more relevant content than what I had found the first time.

scottnak

BGBW said:
To think, I was just in bed thinking to myself about the days when I would predict Captain Falcon hopelessly everyday day. Lo and ehild, he appears!
This is a sign that today shall be a good day!

Aslo

English: FALCON PUNCH!!
German: FALCON-PUNCH!
French: COUP DE POING FALCON !!!
Spanish: ¡GANCHO DE FUEGO!
Italian: PUGNO FALCON!
:lol No way! COUP DE POING?! Bahahaha.

Yeaah. I probably hit around 100 links in mine. a 1:25 compression doesn't sound too bad I guess? Right? haha. Maybe I just find things too interesting. Who knows. Feel free to prune anything out Jiggy. haha...

Crushed

Fry Daddy
hidden05_080222c-l.jpg

hidden05_080222e-l.jpg

:lol :lol

Innotech

Banned
GamerSoul said:
Does anybody have those SSBB sprite Wallpapers? I would look for them myself but this thread... she is too big. :/
so sorry. Pm me, anyone who wanted the link to the Brawl sprites thing.
It had spoilers in it I totally didnt think about it.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
TenshiOni said:
We're long overdue for an item update.

We're going to get a "Items" installment tonight similar to the "Assist Trophy" one, me thinks.

Actually, this seems likely. A lot of the items are rather basic and wouldn't warrant an entire update unto themselves.

Back around Novembust, such items probably would have gotten their own updates, but with unlockable content now fair game, they'll probably be clumped together in one update.

Alright Dojo thread. Sp0rsk says we gotta come to a compromise on how spoilers are treated in the official smash thread. I say, we spoiler tag during the first three or four days or so, then anything is fair game. He also mentioned that the spoiler thread will be locked once the official one pops up, so I would like to make it spoiler friendly. Not sure what his stance is on the Dojo thread. What say you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom