• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Keru_Shiri said:
Alright Dojo thread. Sp0rsk says we gotta come to a compromise on how spoilers are treated in the official smash thread. I say, we spoiler tag during the first three or four days or so, then anything is fair game. He also mentioned that the spoiler thread will be locked once the official one pops up, so I would like to make it spoiler friendly. Not sure what his stance is on the Dojo thread. What say you guys?

I like:
SSE = spoiler tagged since it's a storyline
Characters/Stages/Unlockables = spoiler tagged for 7 days
Dojo Thread = same as we do now?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really don't think there is a reason to spoiler tag anything non-SSE related. Once online matches are brought in youre going to see all the stuff anyways.

SSE stuff should defiantly be spoilered. With the nature of the game, I would really like to see SSE get its own thread.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think that the Dojo thread should remain spoiler-free until the game's North American release.

After that, it probably won't matter anyway. >_>

As for the official thread, I propose that SSE spoilers remain spoiler-tagged for the duration and unlockables stay spoiler-tagged for the first week or two, then become fair game. What say you, the one or two people who actually avoided spoilers?

A week for character and stage spoilers? I guess this sounds fair, if not a long while. Especially considering how much stuff gets is getting spoiled on the Dojo site anyway.

TJ Spyke

I thought this thread was supposed to be spoiler free? It's only for discussing stuff unveiled in the Smash Bros. Dojo. There is another SSBB thread for those who don't care about spoilers.

I have tried to avoid spoilers (it's not a spoiler if it's from the Dojo) when possible, but have accidentally looked at the picture of the roster selection screen with all characters unlocked.

Jiggy

TJ Spyke said:
I thought this thread was supposed to be spoiler free?
Seems like the "official thread" everybody is talking about isn't this one, but the thread that will be made for the game release...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Keru_Shiri said:
A week for character and stage spoilers? I guess this sounds fair, if not a long while. Especially considering how much stuff gets is getting spoiled on the Dojo site anyway.
It wont last anyways. People are gonna be spamming how to unlock stuff and forget. Its inevitable

TJ Spyke

Jiggy37 said:
Seems like the "official thread" everybody is talking about isn't this one, but the thread that will be made for the game release...

Oh, OK. For the official thread, I have no problems with spoilers (although I do agree that maybe Subspace Emissary info should still be hidden with spoiler tags).

various28_080225awk1.jpg

Fans of the series are familiar with the final boss of Classic mode, the simple but deadly Master Hand!

It’s said that Master Hand is the "manifestation of creative spirit" in this world. He also gets a perfect attendance award for his appearances. If you manage to get this far, all you’ve got left to do is beat him!

various28_080225a-l.jpg

Bwa-hah-hah-hah-hah! Master Hand appears!

various28_080225b-l.jpg

Beams shoot out from four of his fingers!

various28_080225c-l.jpg

First he grabs you...then comes the crushing.

various28_080225d-l.jpg

He charges in from the back! Quick, dodge!

And there’s another one to introduce—the "manifestation of destructive spirit," Crazy Hand!

various28_080225awk2.jpg

various28_080225e-l.jpg

Here’s where the right hand and the left hand come together.

They appear when:

You arrive at the final stage and the difficulty level is set to Hard or above.
You arrive at the final stage in 9 minutes or less.

various28_080225f-l.jpg

The way he walks is a bit...unusual.

various28_080225g-l.jpg

He drops bombs. Master Hand can’t use this move.

various28_080225h-l.jpg

He also writhes and thrashes around.

various28_080225i-l.jpg

Crazy Hand can also get together with Master Hand and perform combo attacks!

Watch the patterns and learn to dodge their attacks. If you’re patient enough, you can win!

Both Master Hand and Crazy Hand are symbols of this world, but their very existence is still quite mysterious.

Oh, and by the way, Master Hand also appears in The Subspace Emissary.

Iam Canadian

Master Hand and Crazy Hand. They seem mostly unchanged from Melee, but it's still good to see them back.

Incidentally, as I look through my assigned pages, it's rather astounding how many people thought Master Hand was out. >_>

scottnak

Iam Canadian said:
Master Hand and Crazy Hand. They seem mostly unchanged from Melee, but it's still good to see them back.

Incidentally, as I look through my assigned pages, it's rather astounding how many people thought Master Hand was out. >_>
Wait really? Wow. Kinda fun to see the things we all thought back then... indeed. Can't wait for jiggy's ultimate post at the end.

Jiggy

-Master Hand is the 237th official update, and kicks off--well, thumbs off?--the 40th week as well as the 195th day.

-He's also the 40th game mode. I can't explain why he's a game mode, but whatever. >_> Bosses should really have been a category: Petey Piranha and Master Hand could have gone there. But alas, not to be.

-Diddy Kong gets two screenshots and advances to the same position as Meta Knight at 70. It's like the apes have conspired to take down poor Meta Knight? I don't know. >_>

-Jiggy had 0% knowledge that Master Hand was in Subspace Emissary before reading this update, even though Jiggy has been 100% over the spoiler thread. Funky.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I like the fade out on the end of the glove...makes its seem more like what MH was intended to represent

Iam Canadian

HK-47 said:
I like the fade out on the end of the glove...makes its seem more like what MH was intended to represent

I seem to remember Master Hand having a similar effect in Melee, but it looks much better here.

Iam Canadian

kamikaze said:
:lol @ current thread title.

has anyone been keeping track of the various thread title changes? jiggy???

I know that at some point in the thread, someone had a complete list of the thread titles up to that point. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was sp0rsk himself.

TJ Spyke

Iam Canadian said:
Better than the Novembust updates that revealed nothing new.

Sarcasm? I just looked at some of the November updates, which included: Spectator mode, introduced the Norfair stage, confirmed several Melee stages returning, and confirmed the return of character appearing in unique ways (which was in SSB but taken out in SSBM).

webrunner

Jiggy37 said:
-Jiggy had 0% knowledge that Master Hand was in Subspace Emissary before reading this update, even though Jiggy has been 100% over the spoiler thread. Funky.

Word from the spoiler thread was that Crazy Hand wasn't in classic mode, iirc. DOJO WINS AGAIN

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TJ Spyke said:
Sarcasm? I just looked at some of the November updates, which included: Spectator mode, introduced the Norfair stage, confirmed several Melee stages returning, and confirmed the return of character appearing in unique ways (which was in SSB but taken out in SSBM).

Yeah they sucked

Iam Canadian said:
I know that at some point in the thread, someone had a complete list of the thread titles up to that point. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was sp0rsk himself.
I'm pretty sure admins can look at the thread title change history, so if we ask Sp0rsk nicely maybe he'll post it.

Iam Canadian

TJ Spyke said:

I'm referring to some specific Novembust updates that told us nothing new. Not to every Novembust update.

Jiggy

I'll be sad if Sakurai isn't playable. :( Or at least as a boss who has the power of Fox's reflector, Falco's spike, Sheik's running attack and up air, Marth's range and forward smash, Peach's floating, Kirby's multiple jumps, Bowser's heavy weight, and Samus' projectiles.

(Yes, spoiler people, I know we know whether Sakurai is or isn't playable, and whether he is or isn't a boss.)

Jiggy

Tuesday has only ever had two character updates of our thirty. Therefore, today it will clearly make up ground by providing us with Lip, Bomberman, Daisy, Black Shadow, Mona, Midna, Vaati, K. Rool, Krystal, Balloon Fighter, and Dixie Kong.

...But seriously, stage in a few minutes.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Therefore, today it will clearly make up ground by providing us with Lip, Bomberman, Daisy, Black Shadow, Mona, Midna, Vaati, K. Rool, Krystal, Balloon Fighter, and Dixie Kong.

This is awfully optimistic, even for you, Jiggy.

Jiggy37 said:

That's better.

I was going to predict a stage, but Jiggy beat me to it and I want to predict something different. So I'm going to go with something completely off the wall: a Subspace update!

Oh, yes, it's coming.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jiggy37 said:
Tuesday has only ever had two character updates of our thirty. Therefore, today it will clearly make up ground by providing us with Lip, Bomberman, Daisy, Black Shadow, Mona, Midna, Vaati, K. Rool, Krystal, Balloon Fighter, and Dixie Kong.

1203459137424.jpg

Jiggy37 said:
Don't forget Ridley! :D

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
This is awfully optimistic, even for you, Jiggy.
I might or might not have had to provide a large list of characters to almost cover up the possible fact that at least zero of the names listed may or may not almost be almost-real almost-inclusions who may or may not have almost made it into the almost-roster and may or may not almost count as almost-spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom