• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Placed an order with Rightstuf. Hoping to get books in good condition. Amazon has failed me twice at least with books.

How many do you order? Usually when I have a big order from Right Stuf they send it in a box that has a cardboard barrier in the inside.

DeVeAn

How many do you order? Usually when I have a big order from Right Stuf they send it in a box that has a cardboard barrier in the inside.

I got seven volumes. I saw the box your talking about across youtube. Needed $50 worth for the free shipping anyway.

akaoni

Banned
Maison Ikkoku
First Rumiko Takahashi (Urusei Yatsura, Ranma, InuYasha) work I've touched. Relatively it's a standard romantic comedy and a journey of misunderstandings/awkward moments backed up by a supporting cast of obstacle-personalities but it's damn well rounded, not perfect but as good as this type of focus will get. I had fun and I enjoyed the artwork, and that might be the kicker I need to read her other works. I couldn't help think of the delivery being similar to something like Adachi's sports stuff, artstyle too, but I haven't read anything outside those age-wise and maybe they were just standard fare at the time. Anyway I'm blabbering, sweet and simple series, classic formula done well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What was the point of basically every single thing in KNIM

Etrian Odyssey II 01-05

AHjoRmZ.jpg

Taking a game with no story and adding a story makes it pretty enjoyable.

Kinda makes me want to play the games...Well maybe not.

Akito

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";99235079]I don't mind, the time where I had enough room for manga cleaning is long gone. Go ahead and ask Lain if he still has the translations.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I just sent Lain a PM and Dresden has linked me to a mediafire folder with the translations. So if I were to start, at which chapter would that be? Aside from the first 5 volumes, I can only find chapter 53 and 64 online for some reason, did you release those in between as well?

Eusis

Etrian Odyssey II 01-05

Taking a game with no story and adding a story makes it pretty enjoyable.

Kinda makes me want to play the games...Well maybe not.
Well, the stories ARE there, it's just they're minimal so you could easily just make a cast of characters and build off of that as Etrian Odyssey Untold did with the first game. And before the remake it still had some development and surprising plot twists like
the game is actually post apocalyptic, with the final part of the dungeon in the main game being called "Lost Shinjuku."

Anyways, this is kind of interesting to me.

Well, the stories ARE there, it's just they're minimal so you could easily just make a cast of characters and build off of that as Etrian Odyssey Untold did with the first game. And before the remake it still had some development and surprising plot twists like
the game is actually post apocalyptic, with the final part of the dungeon in the main game being called "Lost Shinjuku."

Anyways, this is kind of interesting to me.

Truth be told, I never really gotten that far in an EO game, hahaha....

Noticing it more closely.

Why Is the purple haired girl flipping the bird?

She's stuck in a series where she will probably end up with nobody or the least popular guys.

Quixzlizx

KnIM 260

What was the point of breaking them up if Seo was just going to get them back together 3 chapters later? There was a timeskip for the characters, but not for the readers. Last chapter troll chapter?

Nisekoi 108

I know this will never happen since it's Nisekoi, but I think I'd actually like the story again if Haru managed to steal Raku away from her coward sister.

D-Frag 2-4

More of the cast is named and introduced including Takao, who made me pick up the series in the first place.

Chitose being the Student Council President confirms to me this is one screwed up school, and not limited to the fake(?!?) game club. The masochist Vice President just made things all the more clearer.

Favorite part was when the real game club sold out the big guy. It was cruel, but boy were the reactions hilarious.

She's stuck in a series where she will probably end up with nobody or the least popular guys.

Well, now I feel bad for her.

wonzo

Banned
Thanks, I just sent Lain a PM and Dresden has linked me to a mediafire folder with the translations. So if I were to start, at which chapter would that be? Aside from the first 5 volumes, I can only find chapter 53 and 64 online for some reason, did you release those in between as well?
He released 64 instead of 54 just to troll the shit outta everyone.

brb ordering you a $30 italian meal

Teekyuu 01-09

YDzEJkul.jpg

The fact the manga goes at normal pace compared to the frantic speed the anime goes makes this a whole difference experience.

Pretty much the same, just less jokes thrown at you per second so it gives you time to think if they were funny or not.

Loitering Away

An one shot about childhood friends reuniting at a coming to age mixer.

The ending was pretty down, though I guess it pretty much shows how people change after a time.

What’s with people wanting to touch other people’s butts

A guy tries to debate his way into touching someone's butt.

It was pretty amusing.

Charade

Dream-Beholding Schizanthus (One-shot)

Pretty good one-shot. Fortune teller seemed to be on a power trip, but I still felt bad for her in the end.

Watch Out for Drunks! (One-shot)

Cuz office ladies + alcohol = intense kissing

Murcielago 1

Took me a little while to realize how the phone got wet. lol

Ace of Diamond 47 - 50

Double Play was the best especially combined with the glare to prevent the runner from running. Furuya may provide the more serious take but the more issues with personality and surprises, but Eijun and his inexperience and earnest attempts and hilarious comedy, makes both favored pitchers. Still liking the Furuya Miyuki battery more than Furuyu Eijun (since Eijun can have Chris-senpai).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
XQ5gwOx.jpg

Kono Oto Tomare! 1-11
Neat series. The basic plot is that a delinquent guy joins the school's Koto club (a stringed Japanese musical instrument), which is on the verge of being disbanded because everyone has graduated except for one other person, who's a complete doormat that everyone either ignores or walks all over on. Every character is pretty sincere and endearing, and there's lots of character development; the main cast deal with abandonment, ostracism, mourning, failure, and probably more as each person gets fleshed out. It sounds depressing, but it's really not, because the thing that always saves them is the realization that they can depend on others. It's all about friendship and hard work and determination. So it's pretty typically shonen in that regard, but it's been enjoyable.

Apparently, others think it gives off a Chihayafuru vibe, but I can't say if that's true since I've never read/watched it. But if that makes you want to read it, go for it!

Also the romance, while not the focus, is super adorable, probably one of the major reasons I'm hooked

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shuukyuu Shoujo 3

I don't think I've read a smut where the girl is such an absolute nympho and yet the guy is so innocent to the point of absurdity.

At least the soccer is fun.

Sai

D-Frag 2-4

More of the cast is named and introduced including Takao, who made me pick up the series in the first place.

Chitose being the Student Council President confirms to me this is one screwed up school, and not limited to the fake(?!?) game club. The masochist Vice President just made things all the more clearer.

Favorite part was when the real game club sold out the big guy. It was cruel, but boy were the reactions hilarious.
Nakama~!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That 7 seeds train keeps on rolling.

Shuukyuu Shoujo 6

Now we have the main character's best friend getting attracted to the main character when he cross dressed.

What the fuck am I reading.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Akame ga Kill

So they've decided killing Mein won't be enough I see, had to throw in a pack of rapist assassins to ensure NTR is achieved now that she's with Tatsumi before they off her.

Yeah I might be bailing out now before the trolling hits too hard.

Holy fuck. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I feel sick.

Mortemis

Banned
Minamoto 112

I expected Minamoto to yell or show some sort of anger, not awkwardly stare. Well unless that was him tearing the marriage forms and not the aunt. Oh, and of course Minamoto can't just move on to the next girl right after her, Rokujou would tear her apart.

...Unless that last page was talking about how Minamoto can't get it up...

Tripon

Minamoto 112

I expected Minamoto to yell or show some sort of anger, not awkwardly stare. Well unless that was him tearing the marriage forms and not the aunt. Oh, and of course Minamoto can't just move on to the next girl right after her, Rokujou would tear her apart.

...Unless that last page was talking about how Minamoto can't get it up...

Fight Rokujou! And let your boner live!

That last chapter of Akame ga Kill legitimately made me mad. If that idea actually happens I'd just ragequit immediately.
And then read the next chapter when it comes out.

Also, having roommates greatly infringes on my smut reading. It's very inconvenient.

upandaway

Minamoto

That.. that definitely was a Yuno reference. That kind of changes my perception of the aunt, honestly. And also scares me that she's likening the teacher to Yuno.

wonzo

Banned
Tokyo Akazukin 13-19

Huh, this is actually starting to get pretty interesting even if some of its still going over my head thanks to the stilted translation/me being dumb as shit. Props to the author for having the angels be just as scary and fucked up as they were in the Old Testament.

rip rosa ;_;7

Centaur's Worries 44-45

modern art's pretty deep

Everyday Monster Girls 22

the eyest form of moe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom