• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvik

Gigantomakhia 2-4
EFFIN' MIURA, SON! Fuck I miss this guy's art, and this is becoming my fav. work of his I love the characters and the setting, but it's a shame we won't see more of this after it ends =/ Oh well it's a great short series either way.

It's back to being depressed for the lack of new Berserk chapter after Giganto ended.

kasane

Man with Rowling admitting her pairings at the end of HP was wrong makes me wonder if any manga author would admit that.

The batshit insanity that would go down from a author calling a canon pairing a "mistake" LOL.

"Toriyama" "Yeah Goku really should have ended up with Bulma" LOL The rage from the Vegeta and Trunks fans. Its kinda scary and hilarious to imagine.

Already the HP fandom is in an uproar with the R/HG vs H/HG which is amusing the hell out of me.

The romance in HP didn't really interest me.

Marathoned Hunter x Hunter anime this week and jumped into the manga.

I wasn't a big fan of the Chimera Ant arc but Chapter 315 gave me the MOST feels I have ever had reading HxH so far. Feels all over.

I even rewatched the anime episode where the mother lost her kids and fell into depression/insanity, just to read it again. Heartwarming.

And then Chapter 316 page 15. Freaking FEELS. AGAIN. I hate arc endings! Ugh. I can't wait til this is animated.

And like a fool I kept reading. Just finished 317 and im just.. The emotion I can't take anymore. oh my god. Another final update I hope: By the end of 318 I have downed a tub of cookies and cream Ice cream

Rosario Vampire II 66.6
Well the series is finally over and yet another long running harem manga is finally over aside from the epilogue. It was an interesting change when this turned into an action manga over a romantic comedy but this ending was really drawn out. And then this last chapter rushes too many things altogether with the villain's backstory, summoning of the mother and obliteration of pretty much every extremely powerful character save the protagonist and deuteragonist and an antagonist and everything was okay afterwards and the protagonists gets his harem. The author really should have brought up the backstory earlier on as a chapter instead of another chapter of a drawn out final fight

Everyday Monster Girls 22
H5Yf4Vn.png
Well okay, so Manako's now best girl. Actually I've developed a long overdue appreciation for mono-eye recently.

Parallel Lines 2
tumblr_n0e991W0ST1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This plot is one of my favorite, the one where the the couple has to end up going on break from their romance to focus on work and it ends up backfiring. Nice sticky scene and for the two their emergency escape moments are good. Hoping we can keep moving in that direction at this art school

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 62-66

I've been wanting to see the rest of Team Summer B + Spring for a while now so I'm glad the focus shifted back to the former with a glimpse of the later. About time Arashi saw one of Hana's notes too. I'm really glad this volume ended on a high note and I'm actually starting to warm up to Mozu who seems genuinely interested in redeeming himself after "the experiment".

Saying that, fuck Ango for recklessly killing Izayoi like that. It's kinda messed up Botan's the only real guide left (though i guess mozu counts too) but at least his death taught Team Autumn the very valuable lesson in sticking together. Well, that and the existence of a much larger existential threat (Team Summer A). Can't wait for when they meet up with the rest of Team Spring!

Marathoned Hunter x Hunter anime this week and jumped into the manga.

I wasn't a big fan of the Chimera Ant arc but Chapter 315 gave me the MOST feels I have ever had reading HxH so far. Feels all over.

I even rewatched the anime episode where the mother lost her kids and fell into depression/insanity, just to read it again. Heartwarming.

And then Chapter 316 page 15. Freaking FEELS. AGAIN. I hate arc endings! Ugh. I can't wait til this is animated.

And like a fool I kept reading. Just finished 317 and im just.. The emotion I can't take anymore. oh my god. Another final update I hope: By the end of 318 I have downed a tub of cookies and cream Ice cream

lol remember our little exchange from the anime thread? agree that HxH isn't your average shounen?

lol remember our little exchange from the anime thread? agree that HxH isn't your average shounen?

It has its Shounen traps as well, but I'm glad it doesn't fail to most Shounen tropes. It's definitely not another Naruto or Bleach but they do have a fair amount of things in common.

BTW: Did something happen to the mangaka around Chapter 337? I believe volume 29. Its hard to read and harder to take the drawings seriously.

It seriously looks like Gon was tossed a balled up piece of paper to eat. Damn.

Stulaw

Rosario + Vampire II[End]
Well, what a weird mess that was towards the end, not even sure if it was a harem or friendship ending, then again, this stopped being a romantic comedy a long time ago. Akasha was outer Moka with her memories erased, that was already established, but that ending, all the old guys (Akasha, Fuhai and the head teacher) along with the Alucard (Dracula) killed themselves with them all being happy and best friends.

Oh well, I don't think I'll miss it, it was better as a love comedy.

scy

Girl the Wilds 123 - "Today, I got another daughter."

also, that other school pairing is going well. Good for them, at least someone is making progress.

Rosario END - ...so, wait, what happened pairing wise?

It has its Shounen traps as well, but I'm glad it doesn't fail to most Shounen tropes. It's definitely not another Naruto or Bleach but they do have a fair amount of things in common.

BTW: Did something happen to the mangaka around Chapter 337? I believe volume 29. Its hard to read and harder to take the drawings seriously.

It seriously looks like Gon was tossed a balled up piece of paper to eat. Damn.

he tends to draw stick men at points, the only reason you had it good was because you presumably read the redone volume releases

Quasar

Rosario Vampire II 66.6
Well the series is finally over and yet another long running harem manga is finally over aside from the epilogue. It was an interesting change when this turned into an action manga over a romantic comedy but this ending was really drawn out.

Interesting is one word for it. I though that change was terrible, and only kind of followed it in hopes that it would get back on track. And good god did that arc go on forever.

Billion Dogs 09

Throw the girl over the wall.

Spoof on Titan 09

What titans, everyone's studying for tests now.

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] 09

A chase chapter.

NadeNadeShikoShiko 09

He's starting to have those feelingssssssss.

ARAIDOKI 09

Suddenly became more interesting about hair than Hime-dol!! ever was.

In a Heartbeat 08

Oh sure, an ex. An ugly looking ex.

Can't Ride A Bicycle! 10

The greatest challenge is a hill you can't climb.

High School Ninja Girl, Otonashi-san 09

Poison cooking returns.

Schoolgirl Landlord Honoka 05

The girls take a bath and wash the landlord very thoroughly.

Logick 06

Uh, I guess suddenly a love rival?

Too Much Booty 01

Guy who is super popular from girls gets trolled by girls I guess? I guess amusing enough.

UQ Holder 21

I'm a bit confused. Because Negi turned into idk what during Negima Touta inherited a part of that?

Wow the dude's hella OP.

Pretty much what it seems like. Negi became something more than human when he gained full control over Magia Erebea, so his grandson is not fully human either.

He's gonna be gamebreaker as fuck when this series is over.

Lain

rw7.png

So, I was on the can, reading the 8th volume of shiteaters and, since I'm not reading the scans, it's all new and awesome.
So you can imagine my surprise when Saeki came into the picture and completely destroyed Kasuga's new life with only a few words.

Why you gotta bring the man even more down Saeki?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What happened to shokugeki's scanlation? T_T

edit: oh wait, just saw their site. Seems like they really need redrawers and cleaners. Shame they want experienced ones, seeing that I can probably help. No experience redrawing but huge experience in photoshop.

Sawattemo Ii Kana 3
tumblr_n0elahyCov1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wish they could just get together instead of going for the girlfriend. Though I think it has to be clear to everyone, even hear, that he is just better with Masami, that lunch discussion and then the scene in the place that was like a sun room. Soon. I wonder whats going on with their brothers in this time skip...

UQ Holder! 21

Yep, thank you seal for triggering his magic.

Now things should be interesting until he admits to not knowing how to go into that mode later on.

Romance no Hakoniwa 3
BfhkHzZCYAAbyXB.png

Good spirit short story being tied in with the friend romance thing being touched upon in this one shot in the collection. Lovely character designs and fashion, and fireman outfit even. I liked the art touch for the spirits too as well. Fun rekindling of friendship.

upandaway

What happened to shokugeki's scanlation? T_T

edit: oh wait, just saw their site. Seems like they really need redrawers and cleaners. Shame they want experienced ones, seeing that I can probably help. No experience redrawing but huge experience in photoshop.
Yeah.. we're now a full week behind. Their redrawing job is usually way way way better than what I'm willing to put up with, so I wish they'd lower the standards a bit.

Turok_TTZ

just read the last release chapter of HxH again and all I have to say is FUCKING TOGASHIIIII!!!

I just finished reading HxH as well. I had a different reaction. a reaction quite similar from when I finished reading Yu Yu Hakusho. I am fine with it ending as is but at the same time, leaves a lot to be desired. not sure how to explain it.

UQ Holder gives me great satisfaction somehow. is it because I still miss negima?
regardless, I intend to buy the first volume once it releases on march. I hope the translation is as good as the negima omnibus.

Rosario to Vampire II end

"So hey, there's this story about another major fight between the main dude and some organization, but we'll save that for another time except we won't because the series is over. Thanks for reading!"

:/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, can some kind soul summarise, or at least link me to a summary of R+V2 please? Ditched it halfway through and it sounded like it ended in a clusterfuck, and not the good kind of clusterfuck.

Sawattemo Ii kana 01-03

Two friends witness their older brothers doing each other. So, of course, this will lead them to do the same, someday. Maybe. After all this drama goes through.

Your pretty average BL, with feelings, dramas and everyone kinda looking like a girl. I'll admit the premise hooked me but the actual story wasn't that interesting.

Charade

Prison School 97

Any chapter with the chairman is a good chapter.

Mob Psycho 100 1-9

Finally decided to start chipping away at my MangaGAF backlog, and this was first on my list. And a damn good way to start.

Rosario Vampire II 66.6
Well the series is finally over and yet another long running harem manga is finally over aside from the epilogue. It was an interesting change when this turned into an action manga over a romantic comedy but this ending was really drawn out. And then this last chapter rushes too many things altogether with the villain's backstory, summoning of the mother and obliteration of pretty much every extremely powerful character save the protagonist and deuteragonist and an antagonist and everything was okay afterwards and the protagonists gets his harem. The author really should have brought up the backstory earlier on as a chapter instead of another chapter of a drawn out final fight

I agree , waiting for the epilogue before i give my final say but it was not bad .
Could have been much worst .

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Almost had it! 88, I said 89.
Looks like those moving on will all be 90+ like we thought. The last one in Block A could be... someone new? Who's left aside from Soma and Hayama? Hmm.

That Ibusaki acceptance, haha. "You can't just smoke everything!" had me rolling.

So, can some kind soul summarise, or at least link me to a summary of R+V2 please? Ditched it halfway through and it sounded like it ended in a clusterfuck, and not the good kind of clusterfuck.

It hasn't ended completely yet. There is gonna be an ending and crap.

Turns out Pink Haired (Fake Moka) was a clone of Silver Haired's (Real Moka's) mom.

Cue sacrifice with the final boss doing a heel face turn for the happy ending. Lets see what happens with the ending.

Dresden

So proud of Marui. He went from a joke character to someone with relevance (for a single chapter) with a fangirl of his own. ;_;7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom