• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma is still great. I wonder if all the focus on ingredients makes the translations take longer. I imagine that's gotta be a pain to research.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no Soma is still great. I wonder if all the focus on ingredients makes the translations take longer. I imagine that's gotta be a pain to research.

Nah, it just seemed like a bunch of people from their team has suddenly left them.

DarkMehm

Shokugeki no Souma 55
Another Manga that suffers from bad pacing due to a popularity hike. I don't want to see every contestant whose name will not be remembered 20 chapters from now.

Lain

Igarashi's Children of the Sea is coming out in Italy in April. I was wanting to read more of his stuff and this is such a perfect fit.
Too bad about who is going to publish it though.

Vito

Banned
Shokugeki no Souma always needs more meat. >_> I guess I'm not too unhappy with Silver Spoon's tl pace since it'll make the hiatus slightly less long?

Lain, who is it, Panini? His artwork is wonderful, I bought his artbook (but it got dinged during shipping orz).

Antiwhippy

Soredemo 84

Man, is today the day awesome manga get released?

That was a cute story about finding mysteries as a kid.

Soma 55

Shinpachi confirmed for side character. Yoshino and Honjou were robbed, wanted too see their dishes.

Magi 213

Here come the truth bombs.

Haikyuu!! 93
tumblr_n0fa2dmG7a1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Every team needs a Bokuto (and Akaashi) or a Tanaka. Cant think of Nekoma or Aobajosai with such an excited character that just makes everyone else feel empowered.

Oddball quick strike combo is still the best but I loved the last two pages showing the whole training paid off, Kageyama face was the best.

Antiwhippy

Magi 213

It's funny to see the contrast between sinbad and kouen. While sinabd is playing around with the politics stuff kouen just cuts straight to the point.

duckroll

Magi - Chapter 213

Meh, I should have waited another week or two! It's a good chapter but it's basically an entire chapter of build up teasing what comes next. This is definitely an important turning point though. Whatever they reveal in the next few chapters will probably define where the series goes in the next year or so. Hopefully whatever they have lined up is as good as the Harry Potter arc. :)

upandaway

Magi

What was even the point of putting the metal vessels away :lol c'mon.

Aladdin's probably gonna lay down everything that was hinted at and speculated for all this time, but hopefully he brings new stuff to the table too. We pretty much have a solid image of what happened by now, anyways.

Antiwhippy

Magi - Chapter 213

Meh, I should have waited another week or two! It's a good chapter but it's basically an entire chapter of build up teasing what comes next. This is definitely an important turning point though. Whatever they reveal in the next few chapters will probably define where the series goes in the next year or so. Hopefully whatever they have lined up is as good as the Harry Potter arc. :)

I thought you hated the harry potter arc?

Tropical Fish in February

Best one from the rin uke-only event, and probably top sharkbait one around, so good even if there was no action.

Chousuinou Kei - Makafushigi Jiken File 8 - 9
tumblr_n0fcnh4qVd1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Not as good as the previous case but this Invisible Bullet final outcome was good. I think few parts of the theory could have been better dealt with but still solid. Though Kei is cruel for making it seem like real Imagination Power at the end with the leaf.

Also the face when he was discovered was priceless.

Moaradin

Soul Eater End

I really enjoyed the show so I decided to check this out after being disappointed by the later parts of the anime. This was the first manga I've read, so it was an interesting experience. I really liked the art and it was pretty easy to follow for a first time viewer. I heard there was some complaints about the ending, but it was satisfying enough for me. the unanswered questions didn't bug me that much.

Now I want a new animated series because I really enjoyed the manga material.

akaoni

Banned
Ranma vol 1-8
I thought this was going to be some sort of fighting historical series, apparently not. I expected the whole gender bender thing of course. It's a long drawn out comedy series about the antics of the main character and his potential bride, harmless enjoyable fun, kind of nostalgic to me. I like it but I don't want to read it all at once having just finished another comedy by the same author, need a change of pace. Will finish. Maybe it's time for Punpun.

Malvingt2

Ranma vol 1-8
I thought this was going to be some sort of fighting historical series, apparently not. I expected the whole gender bender thing of course. It's a long drawn out comedy series about the antics of the main character and his potential bride, harmless enjoyable fun, kind of nostalgic to me. I like it but I don't want to read it all at once having just finished another comedy by the same author, need a change of pace. Will finish. Maybe it's time for Punpun.

Ranma is great. My favorite manga from the mangaka. She did so good with this series. Inuyasha in another hand.... >_>

Ambitious

Oops, I just found out that Übel Blatt's hiatus has ended a long time ago. I've read the last chapter in 2011, I think. I'll have a look at the recent chapters at some point, but I'm not that interested anymore.. the series is kinda boring.

By the way, how do you keep track of new chapters in general?

Ranma is great. My favorite manga from the mangaka. She did so good with this series. Inuyasha in another hand.... >_>

If you liked Ranma, you should look into reading her current series, Rin-Ne.

It's pretty much supernatural Ranma with the antics but less romance.

I hear about it long time ago. Still running?

Yep. 17 volumes and counting.

Does it have a Ryoga and Ranma type character thing going on?

Uh, maybe? I don't usually wear my yaoi goggles when reading this.

I'm sure you could pair up people regardless.

Even less romance than Ranma? :p

There's hint of someone likes someone else here and there but the main I guess you can call it a plot, is not romance related one bit unlike Ranma.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I looked over the number of simulpub manga Crunchyroll has over Viz.
Crunchyroll has 20 series, while Viz only has 11. What the hell?

To be fair... she was kinda hard to understand (no matter how cute she was).

Dat ponytail.

Yep, at least there is an excuse that somehow makes sense (
deaf people don't talk very clearly). It was sweet she wanted to use her voice to say it instead of using hand language, and sad when her hope died, and in the end, reality imposed itself and her voice didn't reach.

mhs004

I looked over the number of simulpub manga Crunchyroll has over Viz.
Crunchyroll has 20 series, while Viz only has 11. What the hell?

Well viz does have more popular and costly simulpub's than crunchy does. All crunchyroll has that are well known are titan and fairy tail while viz has jump manga's that probably cost alot more.

I want them to get more series to but I can understand how costly it would be.

Kieli

So I took a peek at the first sentence of Koe no Katachi 24. I can't read traditional, but if that says what I think it says... hoo boy.

Its probably following like Nisekoi and Shokugeki no Soma where the digital version comes a few months before the print version.

Highly doubt they are doing it like Cross Manage and Takamagahara where they were digital only no physical ever type releases.

How far ahead are the Nisekoi and Soma digital volume releases?

Nisekoi is only starting to get the physical volumes, with the first one out last month and the second one in March.

Soma I believe is going to get its first volume release in August.

bigkrev

Seraph of the End 10

Really pretty cover this week. And, as always, kids nearly killing each other attempting to drive cars is always fun

All You Need is Kill 3

Well, they jammed 20 chapters worth of content into one chapter. Yay for pacing?

Nisekoi 108

*Sigh*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no soma

I don't even understand where the "curry" part of these dishes come from anymore.

It would be hilarious if Soma failed to even place because he went with Peanut Butter Squid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom