• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Soma 55

Nice to see that Marui and Ibusaki aren't just comic relief and can hold their own. Sad though since the 3 best (Alice, Soma, and Hayama...probably in that order) have yet to be judged. Guess next week is the Aldini bros, pretty confident both will make it to the next round.

Is there any particular reason why you place Soma below Alice? Soma is a prodigy who constantly spars with his beast of a dad. The only way I see Alice being better is if she's older and has more experience.

Mortemis

Banned
Is there any particular reason why you place Soma below Alice? Soma is a prodigy who constantly spars with his beast of a dad. The only way I see Alice being better is if she's older and has more experience.

I'm talking about as of right now, or more in how the results are going to end up. Hayama seems like this preliminary antag so to speak, Soma's rival that he needs to beat. I feel like Alice is more of a next round rival so to focus on her and get a good rivalry she'd have to beat Soma in this round. Soma beats Hayama this round, Alice next round, and beats that one glasses elite ten guy (name escapes my mind) for that final round. And yes, I am using shonen battle logic right now. :lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Shokugeki no Soma

Boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring boring. Introduces ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP and then makes them go scoring one by one OOOH 88 OOOOH 90 OOOOOH 87 OOOOOOOH 89 repeat ad infinitum.

So boring.

Lirlond

7 Seeds - Summer Solstice*

nIFQSoD.jpg

Holy shit. That was absolutely gripping. I have never read anything that had me by the balls like this series. If you have yet to read 7 seeds, start.

I can't praise the writing in this enough, everyone feels so real. The author truly has a talent with character building.

* I've been reading by arcs, it's probably better than random chapter numbers.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
7 Seeds - Summer Solstice*

Holy shit. That was absolutely gripping. I have never read anything that had me by the balls like this series. If you have yet to read 7 seeds, start.

I can't praise the writing in this enough, everyone feels so real. The author truly has a talent with character building.

* I've been reading by arcs, it's probably better than random chapter numbers.

If only the art is something I can get past by, bleh.

Karin 1-40
Just took a long time rereading this series. It was fairly fun. It's kind of cute their relationship that at the point of which I stopped, is now officially dating. The art style does make the girl cute. I feel the nosebleed gimmick doesn't particularly add anything while the main protagonist being the opposite of a vampire is far more interesting as well as the vampire family whose tastes in blood differ. Most vampire media don't approach the specifics of the bloodsucking so this was particularly interesting. As for the romance, it was about average for a romcom.

For me the art of a comic/manga stops being a concern after a few chapters of reading. You just gets used to it, like when I was a kid and watching UK TV series felt so weird because of their accents.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Karin 1-40
Just took a long time rereading this series. It was fairly fun. It's kind of cute their relationship that at the point of which I stopped, is now officially dating. The art style does make the girl cute. I feel the nosebleed gimmick doesn't particularly add anything while the main protagonist being the opposite of a vampire is far more interesting as well as the vampire family whose tastes in blood differ. Most vampire media don't approach the specifics of the bloodsucking so this was particularly interesting. As for the romance, it was about average for a romcom.

It gets really bad. REALLY bad.

Probably one of worst mangas I've read to completion.

TBF it's mostly because I hated karin's personality, which is compounded by the final arc, so you might still like it, but goddamn I hate how they portrayed karin. So passive and weak.

It gets really bad. REALLY bad.

Probably one of worst mangas I've read to completion.

TBF it's mostly because I hated karin's personality, which is compounded by the final arc, so you might still like it, but goddamn I hate how they portrayed karin. So passive and weak.

I rather liked it myself. It's nice to see something of a flip for the normal vampire tropes. The love story was cute, and end story was fairly interesting. I haven't read all the novels yet though, not sure what they add.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It was mostly the final arc which left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. I wasn't a huge fan before the final arc but I thought it was mostly harmless and somewhat cute.

Charade

Koe no Katachi 24

Seeing those X's come off so easily makes me think something's going to happen to put them right back on. It's funny, the manga has such an atmosphere that I immediately don't trust the new guy either.

Philosophia 2

This series almost makes me want to start smoking...
almost

Mob Psycho 100 10-19

Now I expected it to be hilarious, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this works on an action/shounen level. Also, Reigen is awesome.

Boku Girl
Parts are funny, but the fact that half the jokes are about the guy being in danger of getting raped makes me feel like dropping it. Guess I'll read a couple more and see if it stays on the romantic hijinks.

Cerity

HSD Kenichi
I've marathoned this over the past few days and I'm kind of wondering how it's gone for 555 chapters, everything about it seems kind of average. Fights are hard to follow and it seems to be selling itself on its constant fanservice, Kenichi's progression isn't really measured as it is with every other shounen, it's just on the constant backburner, when it is, it's undersold. Granted there are some interesting aspects to it (Furinji family history) but it's drip fed. For the most part, it seems like the author doesn't know what to do with the seires and aimlessly just throwing them into more battles.

For a fan of JUMP I thought one would at least know the identify of the HxH manga artist...I guess not :(

in any event, so glad Kishimoto is also on Team Konohamaru! with me
tumblr_n0fv8zNh6y1qbxqfpo1_500.png
Come one Sharkbait, you thought I was serious brah? She needs to provide emotional support to Togashi. He lives in shame of being a house husband.

Got my Kuroko fig in from Megahouse and my Gllasses brah and Aomine figuarts. The Generation of Miracles are really something.

Koe no Kotachi 1-24

Damn Ueno is super bad news. Like the art and the story's keeping me engaged so far. Lots of emotional tension.
It pretty much can be the next big manga to come stateside if Kodansha USA can get their head out of their ass. That male and female crossover potential. Woah woah wow.

dramatis

Ore ga Doutei wo Sutetara Shinu Ken ni Tsuite 13

I actually kind of like how the story is sort of turning out like a game at this point, where you try to piece the path between the past to the future. Kazuya better up his game if he doesn't want to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom