• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Pupipo! 11
pupipo11.png

Oh god the foreshadowing is everywhere. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aho Girl 18

Who knew it'd end on an SDBurtonesque note?!

Donyatsu 34

donutcats… standing on two legs?! impossible

The talks about calzone is making me hungry.
Ones with pepperoni and tomato sauce my mom makes are the ones I prefer.

Giant Killing volume 16
yX7.jpeg

Flashback ended and managed to make many of Takumi's action easier to understand, plus it did build him up more by showing the events that led to him leaving ETU and also the way he was before.

The blind training made me think of Ginga and kick-off!!, while I can't believe Macchan still let Takumi make fun of him so easily.
With Kasano back I'm expecting some interesting development in the next days of the training camp.
Other series do that training like in ginga e kickoff? Maybe I need to read this, good cover

dumbyugi

TWGOK 260

The last few pages of this chapter were some hot garbage. I understand what they were going for but it wasn't executed very well.

TWGOK 260

The only good part about this chapter was the Onii-chan. Rest was just empty panels with no plot development. Also wtf happened during those last couple of pages. Author pulled a Deus Ex Machina outta nowhere.

bigkrev

So, Tetsuwan Girl led me to Akito's twitter, then I saw where the real MangaGAF takes place.

Pretty Much!

Flame of Recca vol 1-2

So the only reason I started reading this was because I found these under the sink in my bathroom, still in perfect shape. Strange, huh? I don't recall ever buying these! Typical Shounen, but with surprise boobies at the end of the first volume, which is always a pleasant surprise. It's 30 plus volumes, so no way am I going to ever read on, but it was kind of fun!

Pretty Much!

Flame of Recca vol 1-2

So the only reason I started reading this was because I found these under the sink in my bathroom, still in perfect shape. Strange, huh? I don't recall ever buying these! Typical Shounen, but with surprise boobies at the end of the first volume, which is always a pleasant surprise. It's 30 plus volumes, so no way am I going to ever read on, but it was kind of fun!

It's the best of the Author's works. everything else after that kind of falls flat.

Akito

Pretty Much!

Flame of Recca vol 1-2

Hey, at least it's a better ninja manga than Naruto.
Not saying much I know

Quixzlizx

Bonnouji
This was a very cute series, a wierd couple getting together and doing wierd things as far as couples go.

I just read this a month or two ago. One of my favorite slice of life/romance series.

Also, I'm experiencing culture shock with so much of mangaGAF not knowing where to find a calzone. I live on Long Island, where half the people are Italian and there's a pizzeria in every strip mall. :lol

Lain

Holyland volume 1-3

Art aside, which I'm not liking much, and Yu's character/attitude, which is annoying, I like the potentiality in the story. Even some of the info the author likes to give about the various fighting styles and techniques are nice, though I wish he would shut up about it somewhat instead of breaking the action constantly to give me an explanation I'm not really asking for.
It's cool to know some theory, it's cool to have an explanation, but the constant info blurting breaks the immersion and the pace of a street fight in which I'm more interested in seeing the fight and how the character decide to act, rather than why a move works or doesn't.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
7 Seeds 120

Goddamn. I'm crying. Fucking hell why that?! My one weakness.

The most powerful moment in the manga for me. Which is incredible considering all that came before.

Ayu's speech also has quite possibly some of the most beautiful lines I've read in manga.

Love that arc so much. Just incredible.

bigkrev

Hey, at least it's a better ninja manga than Naruto.
Not saying much I know

I... recently started reading Naruto again. I'm at the start of the timeskip. I want to read up to the 5 Kage Summit arc because I bought Naruto UNSB3 on Amazon's PC sale and it gives zero recaps.

I'm an idiot, I know

LeleSocho

Banned
Even bad One Piece is better then good Naruto ever was

You actually prefer Foxy or the Mermaid/Fishman island over Rock Lee vs Gaara?

CardCaptor Sakura #4

Did you remember when i was re-reading this?
Yeah me neither...
I don't know if it's the italian localization but sometimes some of the conversations are really childish, i mean it's exactly what i would expect from 10 y/o kids but in manga the age of the characters never (and i say never) reflects on how they actually speak.

Godamn elfen lied sucks. Nothing makes any sense.

For instance:"50 calibur tungsten 9mm lead bullets"

This is probably the worst research of any manga I've read. It's like it was written by some kid stringing together words and scenes he thought were cool without understanding why.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

Nikaido with the "oniiiiiiiiiii-chan"

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";99967115]Godamn elfen lied sucks. Nothing makes any sense.

For instance:"50 calibur tungsten 9mm lead bullets"

This is probably the worst research of any manga I've read. It's like it was written by some kid stringing together words and scenes he thought were cool without understanding why.[/QUOTE]

You should read the mangaka's next work; NONONONO.

It's so stupidly hilarious. You'll have no idea how the hell did he get so famous.

Articalys

So is there anything America can do besides "start buying a ton of manga to try and prove there's a market here" that would get more stuff licensed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom