• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

KN703Vn.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the sales don't grow after the anime comes and goes, though, that's the time to worry.

I'm not terribly worried about the performance of Shokugeki's potential anime. It has a lot of cute girls doing cute things.

Beelzebub

This was amazing! At first I thought he turned into a Super Saiyan. Then it just turns out Beel's lightning is making his hair stand up and giving him energy, Oga got too excited lol. I'm guessing the finishing technique will either be a joke attack, or a powerful one. Either way, I'm hyped.

Vito

Banned
With Akito's work on Tetsuwan Girl, I'm feeling the need to re-read it from the start, which is quite bad as I'm going to receive 50ish volumes of new stuff today (plus the 11 volumes I got yesterday).

Friend of mine bought a complete mint set. I wanted to punch him in the face cause he could read it. :(

With Akito's work on Tetsuwan Girl, I'm feeling the need to re-read it from the start, which is quite bad as I'm going to receive 50ish volumes of new stuff today (plus the 11 volumes I got yesterday).

*checks progress*

*is pleased so far*

Thank you based Akito

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

And damn Lain send some of that paper this way LOL

scy

All You Need Is Kill 4 - I feel awful saying this but ... can we just get back to the mindless killing stuff?

Akito

*checks progress*

*is pleased so far*

Thank you based Akito

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

And damn Lain send some of that paper this way LOL
This manga is simply too addicting, I'm debating whether to wait for the guy who wanted to clean the raws for me or just do it myself so I can continue reading D:

In other news, I'm surprised that SmutGAF haven't found out about this masterpiece yet

Tsuiteru Kanojo.
Yoshida Kazuki is your average office worker who has been a virgin for who knows when, and on a faithful day with a meeting with his chief, he met a girl named Futaba who is a very cute and lovable girl... and became his girlfriend... but there's a secret between this relationship. This is a start of an unordinary love.
You won't get any more hints.

I started reading Elfen Lied because I was on the scan team all those years back and never cared to read it, but man this is bad.

Like, bad art, bad story bad everything bad. Just a bunch of nonsense scrambled together in a confused, pandering way.

This manga is simply too addicting, I'm debating whether to wait for the guy who wanted to clean the raws for me or just do it myself so I can continue reading D:

In other news, I'm surprised that SmutGAF haven't found out about this masterpiece yet

Tsuiteru Kanojo.

Sounds like you already gave it away!

Quixzlizx

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";99871805]I started reading Elfen Lied because I was on the scan team all those years back and never cared to read it, but man this is bad.

Like, bad art, bad story bad everything bad. Just a bunch of nonsense scrambled together in a confused, pandering way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I watched the anime first, and it was one of the few times I preferred an anime over the manga. At least the anime has nice art, and the manga plot/story is so crummy there's nothing to ruin in the conversion.

Nordicus

Tsuiteru Kanojo.

An exquisite read for sure. It's rather amusing that the guy is already on the positive side of "Not sure if want"

By the way, there's like 3-4 other manga of the same name. This specific one's done by Niku

Big One

Banned
Never cared for Elfen Lied period. Probably the most overrated anime/manga series of all time in hardcore fan circles. So much undeserved praised in a series that is mediocre at best. People have called it a masterpiece, the GOAT anime series...I mean, come on, really?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never cared for Elfen Lied period. Probably the most overrated anime/manga series of all time in hardcore fan circles. So much undeserved praised in a series that is mediocre at best. People have called it a masterpiece, the GOAT anime series...I mean, come on, really?

I've never met anyone, even on GAF, who thought it was particularly good, actually.

Cerity

yeah, it's a shock value series. If you look at it gore aside, the series does read like it was written by a 13 year old.

Shougeki no Soma

I just want to see his dish and score dammit.

Akito

Elfen Lied was the gateway anime for many people back in the days cause gore and sex but I don't think there were many who actually thought it was very good, especially not in any "hardcore scenes".

Sword Art Online: Progressive 7
Bf0sStXCQAAmzl7.png

The scene after battle seemed new, stairecase scene with Asuna and the others listening in. A bit too much on the romancy side but kind of funny. Beater scene never gets old. Looked amazing.

Akito

He is awakened otherwise he shouldn't have been able to see dimple at all, if i'm not wrong it was even mentioned.
His psychic power should have awakened but it hasn't, yet. Or it's so insignificant that the only thing he can do is seeing Dimple.

Mortemis

Banned
Soma 56

Finally, it's Alice's time. Who's left after that? Umm, Hayama, Soma, and Tadokoro (I... totally forgot about her...). The prelims should be ending soon.

Lain

I've never met anyone, even on GAF, who thought it was particularly good, actually.

I don't know if I'd call it good, but I liked it enough that I'm buying it now that it's published here. Art is bad and there are forced/exploitative stuff in it, but the drama in the plot just work for me.

akaoni

Banned
Elfen Lied was my gateway anime actually. My gateway anime when I moved onto subtitles was School Days. Tried reading the manga for Elfen years after, it's pretty awful, relies on shock violence like Titan to draw you in.

Elfen Lied was my gateway anime actually. My gateway anime when I moved onto subtitles was School Days. Tried reading the manga for Elfen years after, it's pretty awful, relies on shock violence like Titan to draw you in.

I'm surprised you didn't hate anime right afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom