• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 PC Demo now available.

http://www.gamespot.com/event/download/devil-may-cry-4/

(if you don't want to deal with gamespot)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_27216.shtml

http://files.filefront.com/DevilMayCry4+Trialexe/;10504189;/fileinfo.html

Playing with a gamepad is -highly- recommended.

PC Game Footage: (user uploaded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dznKOsCoe4

The demo comes with a benchmark, naturally. My bitch ass PC better get me an S rank. :lol

A timed (which isn't an aspect of the game, fear not) run through of parts of mission 2 with an option to fight Berial. The 2nd boss in the actual game.

120 fps, high resolution, LDK mode, blah blah blah, bunch of extra stuff.

LDK mode *on* is where the enemies go ape-shit crazy and you're flooded with them (as seen in the screens below). I don't know if the demo is going to have an LDK mode on or off function. If not, then the enemy count will be analogous to the console versions.

ss6.jpg

938687_20080423_screen018.jpg

938687_20080423_screen027.jpg

938687_20080423_screen003.jpg

Devil May Cry 4 (console)

Yama

Downloading now, thanks for posting. I prefer playing on my PS3, however I wouldn't mind having it on the go with my notebook.

Nikorasu

Sort of want, but not enough to make me want to bother with a GS account or any ridiculous proprietary download manager.

I'll wait until filefront or shack has it. :|

Regardless, that last pic is mindblowing.

For gamespot.com you have to make an account (it's free), but if anyone knows of another place that doesn't for download let me know and I'll update the OP.

LaneDS

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading just to see how it looks and runs, I don't have a snazzy gamepad for my PC so I'd most likely play it on consoles some rainy day years from now.

outsida

SlaughterX said:
Stupid ass GameSpot download manager won't open...

You have to have the browser window that you download it from open and then click connect. Or after its in stalled go back to the download page and click on the download now button. Yes its very stupid.

yeah I ifgured that out, downloading at a good 250k, compared to the 15k I was getting downloading it with out the manager...

First things first: For anyone questioning it, none of the previous DMC4 PC screenshots were bullshots. The game is *really* that clean.

1920x1200, Everything on Super High and no AA I get Rank A, I suspect because two of the tests have average FPS in the mid 50s.

dmc4661.jpg

Wow it's taking forever to install these things, slowing my whole computer down to a crawl... I think I might let it get some rest for the night after this...

bigswords

50 fps is low performance? Werid... probably you can drop the AF (Anisotropic Filtering) Teknopathetic, that might help the score.

bigswords

Teknopathetic said:
Eh, I'm content. If you start lowering settings just to get a specific score/rank on a benchmark, you've sorta missed the point. :p

Whatever rocks your boat. But having dips in framerate does get irritating. Plus turning down AF you won't see that much for a image quality drop.

"Whatever rocks your boat. But having dips in framerate does get irritating. Plus turning down AF you won't see that much for a image quality drop."

We're not talking random dips into the 20s or 30s or anything like that. It occasionally dropped down to low 50s for a period of time. The framerate dips exist but are largely unnoticeable because it's all hovering around the area where framerate changes aren't that big a deal.

Plus, I don't recall seeing an AF option.

Well I just did the benchmark, for some reason it wouldn't let me take a screen cap, I jsut got a black screen.

Anyway my comp was given a B rank, I ran everything on Super High with x2 MSAA and vsync at 1680x1050, in DX10. I have a 2.4GHz Quad Core 2 Duo, 2 8800 GTs, and 2GBs of 800MHz DDR2 RAM.

Cdammen

Teknopathetic said:
First things first: For anyone questioning it, none of the previous DMC4 PC screenshots were bullshots. The game is *really* that clean.

1920x1200, Everything on Super High and no AA I get Rank A, I suspect because two of the tests have average FPS in the mid 50s.

http://xs128.xs.to/xs128/08234/dmc4661.jpg
Mind taking just one screenshot without the AA? Just wanna see how it looks like.

And that's some sick resolution. What are you playing on, a widescreen CRT monitor? :)

Haunted

What happened to our gamespot boycott? :( Gerstmann is crying.

*waits for a download mirror not on gamespot*

Yeah, every time I take a screen all I get is black, anyone have any idea why? Also turning up MSAA to 4x didn't appear to have any effect on the frame rate, wonder how high I can go before it takes a dip....

Ohh yeah, and there is no need to isntallb otht he game and the benchmark, I think the game has the benchmark built into it. Install the game first tos ee for yourself, I have them both installed so that could be why.

Weird, I can't make the resolution higher than 1360 x 768 (My monitor is 1680 x 1050 and my GPU is an 8800GT)

Is there anything I need to do to make the resolution appear?

Also I have a dual monitor set up, with the secondary screen running at 1280 x 1024.

EDIT: I am running it in DirectX 10 on Windows Vista Home Premium...

Aeana

I didn't sit through the whole benchmark (boooring), but I played the 10 minute demo thing and it seems to run 50-60 FPS on my crappy computer (P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 6800GS) on low (~30 on high with shadows off), which surprised the heck out of me. I guess I'll be buying it, in that case.

"Mind taking just one screenshot without the AA? Just wanna see how it looks like."

dmc42607.jpg

dmc43890.jpg

"Ahhh :( , you are using a 24 inch widescreen LCD?"

25" widescreen CRT

Sanjay

Thanks Ikuu, my gamespot speed was at 10k, now at full speed 240k:D

Teknopathetic, for real no AA? looks so clean like it has 4AA on

Acosta

Have the PS3 version but I'm going to try it, if the conversion for PC is really good DMC 4 may be the last Capcom console game I buy this gen. The screenshots look amazing.

imek

Thanks for the Nvidia link, got ~2MBs off there :D

Now to test what the lowest end gpu can do... (6600GT paired with an E8400).

Nikorasu

Teknopathetic said:

Wat. Bullshots don't exist in PC gaming. :|

legend166

I'm gonna download this, even though I don't have a gamepad.

Is it unplayable with KB + M? It'll be good to see how it runs on my machine anyway.

Ledsen

Wow, with low settings it never goes below 30 fps on my 2+ year old laptop with

Core 1 Duo 1.83 Ghz
Radeon X1600
2 GB RAM

And it still looks awesome!

jett

D-Member
I wonder if you can set the PC port to have the same lighting/shadowing/shading quality of cut-scenes during gameplay. :p Such a a jarring difference between the two on consoles.

Top Bottom