• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DMC4 PC Demo now available.

Xdrive05

Thanks, downloading now from Gamershell. Wired 360 pad will make this great.

Opteron 165 dual core @ 2.62Ghz 2mb L2
2gigs RAM
8800GT OC 512mb
Vista Premium 32bit SP1

I'll have screens and numbers after a while.

Gaogaogao

Xdrive05 said:
Thanks, downloading now from Gamershell. Wired 360 pad will make this great.

Opteron 165 dual core @ 2.62Ghz 2mb L2
2gigs RAM
8800GT OC 512mb
Vista Premium 32bit SP1

I'll have screens and numbers after a while.
I have exact same specs, hella fps. capcom is the capgod of next gen console ports.

GHG

Gold Member
Is the benchmark included in the full version of the demo or do I also have to download that seperately?

I really want to see how my 8600GTS handles this, its handled everything but Crysis on max so far. The card is a lot better than I ever expected considering how much hate the 8600 series gets.

Xdrive05

GHG said:
Is the benchmark included in the full version of the demo or do I also have to download that seperately?

I really want to see how my 8600GTS handles this, its handled everything but Crysis on max so far. The card is a lot better than I ever expected considering how much hate the 8600 series gets.

You have to download them separately if you get them from Gamershell. And I agree about the 8600GTS. It's a lot better than people make it out to be. I loaned mine to a buddy and he was pretty blown away (going from an SLI 7600GT 512mb setup). He lost 3/4ths of his vram but gained a lot of fps.

I'd also like to know how an 8600GTS runs this demo if anyone here gives it a shot.

saelz8

Runs beautifully, and loads up extremely fast. I really like the Framework Engine.

C2D 6400
2G Ram
8800GT 512

Never dips under 80FPS playing at 1440x900. I'll probably pick up LP:Colonies later this month. (DMC4 is not my kinda game)

imek

Looks pretty good at 800x600 everything low... running around 50fps

And keyboard controls aren't too bad... just take a little getting used to.

outsida

Everything set to super high + 4xaa

257dtmd.jpg

Xdrive05

The screenshot didn't work for me (black screen) But I got an S rank with everything on Super High in DX10. Ran like butter. Only rarely dropped below 60fps on the second test. The other tests were over 100 except for the last one which was like 72 or something. This is at 1280x1024 2xMSAA, Super High, DX10.

Can't complain about that. And it looks amazing. Well done Capcom.

Pachael

Stylish action possible with X1950 at 1280x720 (Note CPU overclocked to 3.0Ghz, GPU at stock). Settings on high, No MSAA.

r0wjf5.jpg

Chairhome

Man, I failed. I upped my resolution to my max (1440x900) and put Super High Textures and x2 AA... I got a D. I tried it out a bit on a lower resolution and it was running much better, but I had to go to work. I have an AMD Athlon Dual Core 4400+, 8600 GT OC and DirectX 10. I'm thinking about getting an 8800GT (not just for this, but in general), will it make much of a difference?

Tain

I really have no idea why, but the thought of a Japanese console game's PC port showing your PC benchmark results in the form of end-of-stage letter grades is... adorable.

Not sure about the giant letter boxes at 1680x1050, but better than stretching I guess!

Anyone having problems using a PS2 controller in-game, here's the setup to get everything working swimmingly - when you're in-game just make sure you change the Taunt to RT as for some reason it binds it to the same button as Exceed.

jfhoyd.jpg

Lince

Banned
runs like a champ in my q6600 + 8800 GT, I tried it in my "old" e6600 + 7800GT and runs pretty decent too.

Besides the technical novelty of ranking people's PCs with a benchmark, there's also a couple of huge benefits to having this kind of facility in a game demo:

1) Everyone can find out easily and quickly if the game will run well on their PC. Less people pirating the game because they are worried about performance (and never buy the game).

2) All the hardcore PC tech junkies will be downloading and playing this demo. With so many things that a PC gamer could choose to play, getting a feature like this in a demo is a great way to get better exposure for your upcoming game.

Capcom is showing a lot more savvy when it comes to marketing on the PC side than I think anyone could have imagined when they made their about-face on the platform about a year ago.

outsida

Fragamemnon said:
Besides the technical novelty of ranking people's PCs with a benchmark, there's also a couple of huge benefits to having this kind of facility in a game demo:

1) Everyone can find out easily and quickly if the game will run well on their PC. Less people pirating the game because they are worried about performance (and never buy the game).

2) All the hardcore PC tech junkies will be downloading and playing this demo. With so many things that a PC gamer could choose to play, getting a feature like this in a demo is a great way to get better exposure for your upcoming game.

Capcom is showing a lot more savvy when it comes to marketing on the PC side than I think anyone could have imagined when they made their about-face on the platform about a year ago.

Yeah Capcom is on fire so far this "gen"

bee

as ever dx10 sucks, all the same settings on dx9 and 10 and dx10 is upto 80% slower at times on my pc probably averaging around 50% slower, bleh

nice game though, probably pre order it now

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can't wait to try it.

I should be able to pull off a rock solid 60 fps at 1360x768 with mild anti-aliasing, I'd imagine. Should look really good on either display (plasma or CRT).

as ever dx10 sucks, all the same settings on dx9 and 10 and dx10 is upto 80% slower at times on my pc probably averaging around 50% slower, bleh
Really? Lost Planet really saw a very minimal performance dip in DX10 mode and you received superior motion blur, better fur shading, and other improvements. I had assumed DMC4 would function in much the same fashion.

What type of video card are you using?

TwIsTeD

i love the fact that capcom ports games to the pc, even though i tend to buy games on the 360 for achievements there is still a level of satisfaction i get from sitting at my desk and playing games

I will buy this and Lost Planet: Colonies

Capcom FTW

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
i hate bees said:
Downloaded in 10 mins from Gamershell, installing my gamepad as we speak! :D

I clearly picked the wrong server. I too grabbed this from Gamershell. I'm on an OC3 connection, getting the demo at a smokin' 128kbps.. :/

bee

dark10x said:
Really? Lost Planet really saw a very minimal performance dip in DX10 mode and you received superior motion blur, better fur shading, and other improvements. I had assumed DMC4 would function in much the same fashion.

What type of video card are you using?

8800gts 512, i was thinking it would be like lost planet in that high/super high shadows would only be available in dx10 and they killed performance in lost planet, but they certainly show up as in dx9 aswell, whether they actually work is another thing but i couldn't tell the difference between dx9 and 10 graphically, maybe i should look closer

Xrenity

Huh, My max resolution I could choose was 1280xsomething. I've got an ATI2900HD so 1650*1050 shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway - looks awesome and runs very good. But the game... Meh. It's alright but judging from this demo it's just hacking and slashing all the time.

bee

Xrenity said:
Huh, My max resolution I could choose was 1280xsomething. I've got an ATI2900HD so 1650*1050 shouldn't be a problem.

try changing the refresh rate, i could only use certain reolutions at 60hz and then a load more at 59hz

scarybore

6yh74n.jpg

161ma8o.jpg

Looks awesome, so clean and vibrant. Can get a S rank if I turn off MSAA and leave VSync and the framerate at default. Was going to get it on 360 when it got a bit cheaper but its runs so well on my PC that it's made the decision for me. Great job Capcom!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks awesome, so clean and vibrant. Can get a S rank if I turn off MSAA and leave VSync and the framerate at default. Was going to get it on 360 when it got a bit cheaper but its runs so well on my PC that it's made the decision for me. Great job Capcom!
OK, that doesn't make sense. Their grading system seems flawed. 60 fps is as smooth as you'll need so increasing the score for going beyond it is worthless. That is the most consistent benchmark image I've seen yet. I'd imagine that the grade would actually INCREASE if he disabled vertical sync (allowing the framerate to go beyond 60 fps) yet it would look worse in action.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Every PC game should have a free benchmark.

I'm gonna be trying this first thing once I get home from work.

VicViper

The benchmark rating doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At least I wasn't aware that perfectly smooth 60 FPS gameplay is now considered "not optimal".

Untitled-1-1.png

This is at 2xMSAA, quality settings on very high, VSYNC enabled.

scarybore

dark10x said:
OK, that doesn't make sense. Their grading system seems flawed. 60 fps is as smooth as you'll need so increasing the score for going beyond it is worthless. That is the most consistent benchmark image I've seen yet. I'd imagine that the grade would actually INCREASE if he disabled vertical sync (allowing the framerate to go beyond 60 fps) yet it would look worse in action.

Thats what I thought when I first saw the rank. I would rather have a solid, stable framerate which is why I set it up like that and after watching the whole benchmark and dropping only a few frames and seeing a B rank was quite a surprise.

Haunted

VicViper said:
The benchmark rating doesn't make any sense whatsoever. At least I wasn't aware that perfectly smooth 60 FPS gameplay is now considered "not optimal".
:lol So an S rating is only afforded to 100+fps - enabling VSync which limits the game to 60fps (obviously) is an automatic B.

Don't take that ranking to serious, guys. The numbers above with graphics settings you're comfortable with are what's important, not that big letter. Still a lovely (stylish?) idea, imo. :p

about to run this, brb.

f@luS

More than a member.
Capcom is wonderful this gen as a japanese developper. This engine is really great.

betweek 55 and 80fps on my C2D 2.66ghz, 2gb , and my old radeon x1950pro.
1360*768, msaa*2, everything on high (though why is it called high and not medium? coz there is low, high and very high. Makes no sense, should have been low medium high :lol)

Naruto

Am I the only one experiencing really bad sound problems? Every time I shoot I can't here anything, and also when I'm doing specific combos, I had the same thing with Assassin's Creed, but I thought alot of people are having sound problems with that game.

Haunted One said:
:lol So an S rating is only afforded to 100+fps - enabling VSync which limits the game to 60fps (obviously) is an automatic B.

Don't take that ranking to serious, guys. The numbers above with graphics settings you're comfortable with are what's important, not that big letter. Still a lovely (stylish?) idea, imo. :p

about to run this, brb.

Shit. I should have tried without vsync to see if I would get higher.

I got B on them both. It was rock solid 60 the entire time with everything on super high.

Haunted

Very happy.

1280x1024 with 2xAA, everything on super high and it dipped under 60fps once (to 55fps, in the second segment). Was between 80 - 120fps most of the time. :D

Couldn't do a screencap with the printscreen key for some reason, but the run got an A.

I love the framework engine. What a turnaround from Capcom's last gen PC efforts. kudos.

Minsc

Gold Member
1920x1200 (above screenshot) = 16:10 support.

Anyone here able to run/confirm 2540x1600 support?

This is only a quick test from me. I'll post more when I have the time. I have the weakest set up on this board but socred S with everything on high and 2XMSAA.

dmc4zd1.jpg

Vegeta

Haunted One said:
Very happy.

1280x1024 with 2xAA, everything on super high

How did you get it to run at 1280x1024?

I can't even select that resolution even though my monitor supports it and it can be selected in other games just fine.

Ran it this morning@1920x1200 with everything on super high and AA on highest setting 16xCQ IIRC on this:

e2160@2.35GHz
8800GTS 512
2gb RAM

Got a C but the lowest (second test) was 40fps at minimum. I'm fine with that. With a reasonable AA setting, it should give me 60fps no problem. I'll update later.

Was able to get around 60 fps constant through all the tests except the last one where it dipped down to the low 40s. Got Rank B. Still all kinds of awesome though. Looks really nice.

1680x1050 @ max settings (no aa)
Athlon 64 3200+
8800GT 512 factory OC'd to 700mhz
1gb RAM

Top Bottom