• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devise a way to solve this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
X3qfVeK.jpg

You want to be able to open the cupboard without any bowls smashing (including small bumps).

X3qfVeK.jpg

You want to be able to cupboard without any bowls smashing (including small bumps).

I'd love to be able to cupboard

Anyway solution...

Tape the door shut
Lift cupboard - move further away from wall.
Tilt slowly backward until it's horizontal
Open door
Remove bowls
Get a clue

TheContact

Lots of padding where it will fall. You'll need 2 at least to help. One to open door while the other slowly can catch the bowls.

Wear gloves to mask fingerprints.
Get a laser glass cutter.
Cut hole in glass.
Reach in, take valuable.
Try not to trip alarm.
Make escape.

Is there another door to slide on the right side?

How do the planes of glass sit on it above the plates? Can you remove them?

StayDead

I've been told Brexit is the solution to all my problems, so probably wait until then.

Honestly, try opening one door very slowly and see if you can reach in and push the bowls up.

How did that happen?

I have a question -

How the hell did they fall like that with the door already shut in the first place?

Because if you can take it off the wall you can put it on it's back and done.

Literally the easiest and most likely way to solve this problem.

Yep - I nailed it on the third post. I knew I'd be good at something. Turns out saving a stack of tipped over bowls from a cupboard without smashing them is it.

Izuna

Banned
Because if you can take it off the wall you can put it on it's back and done.

Literally the easiest and most likely way to solve this problem.

I really don't think so. If you tilt the cupboard backwards the other stacks would be disturbed.

xevis

Banned

Anyway solution...

Tape the door shut
Open door
Remove bowls
Get a clue

Best solution by far. Provided the cupboard can be moved and that moving it out doesn't cause the plates to slide inside the cupboard.

Noaloha

Is it possible to insert airtight plastic bags through the gap without them tumbling? Then you might be able to inflate the bags from outside to provide a cushion or at least another surface for the bowls to rest on as you ease open the cupboard and slip a hand inside.

I'd definitely recommend recording the attempt and uploading it to YouTube or something.

I wouldn't waste time pussyfooting around, just open it and count your losses. I'm sure you'll be able to salvage some.

Anyway solution...

Tape the door shut
Open door
Remove bowls
Get a clue

This, Once you've removed every other bit of china from the cupboard first of course.

Or if the China is worth more than the cupboard then:

Break glass pane above bowls, remove bowls, replace pane of glass.

This, but obviously try and safely cut the glass first, only break it as a last resort and don't cut yourself.

Izuna

Banned
Is it possible to insert airtight plastic bags through the gap without them tumbling? Then you might be able to inflate the bags from outside to provide a cushion or at least another surface for the bowls to rest on as you ease open the cupboard and slip a hand inside.

lmao

I love this

Buy identical bowls and replace the ones the inevitably break when you open the door. Get rid of the evidence and it'll be like it never happened.

Either that, or find a way of temporarily turning the room into a zero-gravity atmosphere.

Izuna

Banned
Buy identical bowls and replace the ones the inevitably break when you open the door. Get rid of the evidence and it'll be like it never happened.

Either that, or find a way of temporarily turning the room into a zero-gravity atmosphere.

The best solutions

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Drill a hole and fill the cupboard with nacho cheese. China doesnt break when it falls into nacho cheese I know from experience.

A wise man once said to me, "Rampant helicopter theft solves all problems."

Blow up the cabinet with a helicopter

No Problem = Problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom