• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban to be featured on Capcom TV #18 (April 1st) + Famitsu next week

L~A

Looks like we're getting lots of Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (The Great Ace Attorney) stuff next week.

- Famitsu article on April 2nd (meaning leaks beforehand, hopefully as early as Tuesday)
- Capcom TV #18 on April 1st, with Shintaro Kojima (Producer) showcasing the game... not sure if they'll show anything new just before Famitsu comes out, but we'll see.

Time for Capcom TV is every Wednesday at 8PM JST.

1) Europe: 1PM
2) UK: 12PM
3) NA (East): 7AM
4) NA (West): 4AM

t1427886000z0.png

It'll be broadcast on YouTube, NicoNico and Twitch, so no worry about accounts or anything :)

Links:

YouTube
NicoNico

Apparently, there'll also be some DMC4 Remaster stuff during that episode.

Source

Feels like we haven't had much new on this game in a while, hopefully famitsu at least should have some new stuff.

and localisation please

L~A

Feels like we haven't had much new on this game in a while, hopefully famitsu at least should have some new stuff.

and localisation please

Pretty sure Capcom's ready to open the floodgates... now it's remain to be seen when they'll reveal the date: next week, or at NicoNico Choukaigi?

But yeah, I think they're gonna start promotion the game non-stop till launch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Pretty sure Capcom's ready to open the floodgates... now it's remain to be seen when they'll reveal the date: next week, or at NicoNico Choukaigi?

But yeah, I think they're gonna start promotion the game non-stop till launch.

Or during, you know...a Direct happening one day before the Capcom TV episode.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

mclem

Phoenix Wright's ancestor was Japanese. Done.
I'd be amazed if they took the easy way out. They could have done that with the other games as well!

(One weird thing that always struck me is that with everything else being such a mishmash of cultures, they pretty much got Detective Gumshoe dead right. How is he presented in the original Japanese versions?)

MrBadger

I'm kind of curious whether they'll even bother mentioning that the MC is Phoenix's ancestor. I imagine this will be a story that's told standalone rather than Phoenix telling it in a flashback or something.

L~A

I'm kind of curious whether they'll even bother mentioning that the MC is Phoenix's ancestor. I imagine this will be a story that's told standalone rather than Phoenix telling it in a flashback or something.

I don't think they need to.

One is called Naruhodou Ryuichi.
The other is called Naruhodou Ryuunosuke.

They both look alike... I think people won't need any explaining. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any actual ties to the original series (except maybe Meiji Era version of characters, as cameo).

Swamped

Banned
OMG! Am excited to get more news. I tally hope we get this game in the west in a timely fashion. AA5 released only a few months after the JP version, so I'm hoping!

GSR

To give a little more detail: Kojima will be showing the first trial in the game, which is what they presented at Jump Festa. There will also be more details on the DGS real escape game, featuring guests from SCRAP (the company that runs it.)

The language they're using also seems to be pretty heavily suggesting DGS coverage on Capcom TV will be a regular thing leading up to release.

Vibranium

Banned

I don't see a problem in this case, there are lots of North American people with Japanese heritage out there. Plus maybe Capcom will be able to follow the Japanese script a little closer for localization.

I don't see a problem in this case, there are lots of people with a only a little Japanese hertiage out there. Plus maybe Capcom will be able to follow the Japanese script a little closer for localization.
Or maybe they can use this opportunity to retcon "eat your hamburgers Apollo".

Dice//

Banned
... I thought this was already released [in Japan].

I love Ace Attorney, but i do mourn the loss of Ghost Trick and pray they give that one a stab one more time

Haha, that too. They could explain how in the AA universe there is a lot of Japanese culture.
I think if they suddenly just went along with the Japanese version and had everything that's in Japan actually say it's in Japan, literally no one would care, and things would make a lot more sense. How many more kimono/robe wearing, heavily Japan influenced characters do they need before Capcom USA just goes with the flow here?

The whole "oh, it's just a small enclave of Asian settlers that have distanced themselves from American culture" can they get away with? It's so silly.

Dice//

Banned
Haha, that too. They could explain how in the AA universe there is a lot of Japanese culture.

I expect a simpler Japanese name for Phoenix's ancestor for sure.

I love the dumb cheesy names and wouldn't have it any other way haha

But nah, seriously, the game takes places in Los Angeles's "Little Tokyo" strip. :p

Given the historical setting and moving between different countries, I really hope they don't try to sell Ryūnosuke as American, although I can see Capcom wanting to be consistent with their other localisations, so I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it. At the very least I'm sure we'll get charecter name changes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What would Ryuunosuke's English name be? Ryu Wright?

FluxWaveZ

I think if they suddenly just went along with the Japanese version and had everything that's in Japan actually say it's in Japan, literally no one would care, and things would make a lot more sense. How many more kimono/robe wearing, heavily Japan influenced characters do they need before Capcom USA just goes with the flow here?

The whole "oh, it's just a small enclave of Asian settlers that have distanced themselves from American culture" can they get away with? It's so silly.

It's part of the series charm. There was this discussion before in an AA123 HD thread, and most agreed that they preferred it the way it is in English rather than having it retconned. I think DGS just taking place in Japan as intended would be fine, but I would not want that to be the case for the series set in modern day.

L~A

Ok, roughly 30mn until the show starts (all links are in the OP ;)).

Hope we get some good stuff!

Top Bottom