• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble

Griffith is superior, sorry. They both sound cheesy, but Drummond more so. Going by those clips, anyway.

Oh, and who would be disappointed if Sora represented Square?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Probably Sora if anything. He's the most public-friendly character SE has had in x years.

Oh, and Sak's development team is named after him.:D

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SuperAngelo64 said:
Am I the only one who is a bit underwhelmed by the default screen in the demo?

Doesn't look like there's a whole lotta room for unlockable characters.
Here's hoping it is only temporary

Helzown

SuperAngelo64 said:

As far as I remember, didn't Melee's selection screen "shrink" once you began unlocking characters? And by "screen" I mean "icons," allowing for more room.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
SuperAngelo64 said:

I count room enough for 30 on that screen. Which is already more than Melee.

And the layout will probably change somewhat for the final version. Sakurai doesn't give it all away up front, as we've certainly learned by now.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Helzown said:
As far as I remember, didn't Melee's selection screen "shrink" once you began unlocking characters? And by "screen" I mean "icons," allowing for more room.
I don't think so. Pretty sure they just opened up in the open spots alongside the select screen,

ant1532

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:

Just so you know the Melee demo character selection screen changed when it came out

Smash%20Bros%20-%20Character%20Select.jpg

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Sega is devoloping a game with both Sonic and Mario.
Nintendo is developing a game with both Sonic and Mario.

From this you would think that neither company gives eachother money or anything to use the characters, since it seems like a fair trade and a win win situation, but I'm sure things aren't THAT simple. I really wonder what's really happening. If only I knew about how business like this works. :-(

Any ideas people?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
WildArms said:
Sega is devoloping a game with both Sonic and Mario.
Nintendo is developing a game with both Sonic and Mario.

From this you would think that neither company gives eachother money or anything to use the characters, since it seems like a fair trade and a win win situation, but I'm sure things aren't THAT simple. I really wonder what's really happening. If only I knew about how business like this works. :-(

Any ideas people?
I would LOVE to see the contract details behind all this as well. It seems like Sak didn't pay for Snake so I wonder if he had to for Sonic(who, of course, is the much bigger sell).

ggd210

Dream come true!!!

finally... Sonic for the brawl!! wow, it's amazing!!!
What update or surprise will be show in the last weeks?
I thought It is going to be SONIC, but... I hope more enogh!

IT MADE MY DAY°! THANKS!

Jiggy

Peer from IGN said:
I'm excited because it confirms the cross-over approach we suspected when first hearing about the "X" (cross) in the Japanese title of the game. Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at, it's keeping secrets.
I really don't think that's a strong point. Of course they're not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts--they're probably getting paid like they would for any other game project, as well as getting more exposure for their names in a huge AAA multiplatinum title. [Edit: And also if they have any nostalgia for any of these songs at all, they probably enjoy working with them. Video game fan remixers do this stuff for free because of the love of the music...] Even if a Square-Enix character gets in (as I expect at least one will), I don't think that has anything to do with why "Square composers" are contributing their 1-3 music arrangements or however many they end up creating.

Duderz

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Even if a Square-Enix character gets in (as I expect at least one will), I don't think that has anything to do with why "Square composers" are contributing their 1-3 music arrangements or however many they end up creating.

But didn't Sakurai say 2-3 3rd party characters?

I think Mega Man is just as much a shoe-in, but beyond that, I'd be very surprised for anyone else. Even as an assist trophy.

Gaborn

So, in light of recent developments is there any thoughts as to what Masato Kouda (of MH fame) will be working on for brawl (he's one of the composers)?

Jiggy

Duderz said:
But didn't Sakurai say 2-3 3rd party characters?

I think Mega Man is just as much a shoe-in, but beyond that, I'd be very surprised for anyone else. Even as an assist trophy.
He phrased it as a question. But even if he hadn't, I'd expect him to surpass his plans in the end. :D This is the guy who said his team would "struggle" to create characters just as he had with SSBM, then went and crammed three Pokemon into a single character slot.

I just realized there's gotta be some sort of item for sonic and snake. I hope that they bring the golden rings in, and make it so that the more you collect, the faster you move. It would be sorta like a progressive bunny hood.

The Hermit

It's been 12 hours since I first read this new and it still blows my mind...

Btw, I'm pretty sure that Megaman and a member of the Belmont family will be in this game.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
CreatureX3 said:
Here was my wishlist after Melee was released:

1. Pit
2. Ridley
3. Wario
4. Little Mac

Two down, two to go! :D

Wow. You actually wanted Pit before he was even mentioned. Nice one! You must have been well happy.

WildArms said:
Wow. You actually wanted Pit before he was even mentioned. Nice one! You must have been well happy.
Well after we got teased with the Pit trophy, he shot to the top on many player's wishlists. Oh and yes I was extemely happy when both Pit and Wario showed up in the first Brawl trailer! :D

Firestorm

WildArms said:

I wanted Meta Knight before that trailer. I was so happy at E3 2006 :D Also wanted Tails and Charmander but instead I got Sonic and Charizard.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
I wanted Meta Knight before that trailer. I was so happy at E3 2006 :D
Likewise. Meta Knight's still probably my favorite newcomer, actually, with the possible exception of Ivysaur. He (Meta Knight) is the one character I had really wanted who got in...

GDGF

Soothsayer
HaHA! I knew Sonic would make it in!

This is going to be the best game ever! (whenever it eventually launches)

Seriously! This shit brings together my two fanboy worlds most beautifully!

I don't give a fuck what makes it in the game now. It can't get any better than this for me.

(can ya tell I just heard the news?)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
josephdebono said:
ok...

only 2 newcomer characters left. megaman and agent cheiftain from eba.
Where, exactly, did you get the idea that there are only 2 left? Because the section on the Dojo site only has room for 12? It used to only have room for 8, you know...

ant1532

Banned
I'm calling a veteran for next week, followed by another veteran the week after, then Captn Olimer, then another veteran, followed by another vet, and then.... Megaman!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom