• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

PunjabiPlaya said:
So with this franchise symbols thing, is it a fact that there's only gonna be 20, or could there be more?
There were only 18 symbols known before yesterday, so there could still be more. :D

SantaC said:
This would be great. Of course, they'd probably use one of the main characters and it's always the secondary Tales characters who make the games enjoyable for me, but still... Just imagine having Fighting of the Spirit in the game!

ant1532

Banned
So admist all this Sonic fanfare lets talk about new stuff we fdound out today.

Sonics logo is number 20, making an open gap after the last number we thought was the end, 18. So that leaves 19.

Taken from smashboard thread

1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.??? (Possibly Game & Watch?)
14.Ice Climbers series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.Snakes FOXHOUND symbol
18.Pit's Symbol
19.???
20.Sonic's Symbol

Also many members have thought the list is going in Alphabetical Order by Japanese names.

Quote:
01: Dairantō Smash Brothers (Super Smash Bros.)
02: Donkī Kongu (Donkey Kong)
03: Fokkusu (Star Fox)
04: Hoshi no Kābii/Kābii (Kirby)
05: Kyaputen Farukon (F-Zero)
06: Metoroido (Metroid)
07: ??? (Most likely will be Mother/Earthbound)
08: Pokemon/Poketto Monsutā
09: Rinku (Zelda)
10: Sūpā Mario (Super Mario)
11: Yosshī (Yoshi)
12:Faia Emuburemu (Fire Emblem)
13:
14:popo (Aisu Kuraima) (Ice climbers)
15: Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing)
16: Made in Wario (Wario Ware, it's NOT Wario as a whole)
17:Metal Gear (Metal Gear Solid)
18: Parutena no Kagami (Kid Icarus)
20.Sonic

It's highly expected that 13 is Game and Watch since it fits name wise and Melee series grouping.

And guess would fit at 19!!?? Pikmin(Capt'n Olimer) or Rockman!! Butthen one wouldn't fit... :( Don't lose all hope for them both though since people though Ice Climbers were gone but they switched it up by using "Popo (Aisu Kuraima)"

More good info analysis threads from Smahboards for today's news

In-Deoth October 10 Trailer Discussion

Bawl Character Screen Revealed

Mechanics of Recovering Revealed (read carefully since this guy was off on some things and edited some corrections)

Trailer Shows New Stuff

ggnoobIGN

Banned
JonathanEx said:
L Block CONFIRMED:

realitytetris.thumbnail.jpg

Scribble

There's no way to predict what number 19 is. It could be Megaman, or it could be Stafy, Pikmin, or even Tetris Attack or something.

Firestorm said:
Tales of? SHEEENAAAAA

Or Jade or Zelos. Or Guy.
Jade or Guy haven't exactly been on Nintendo systems.

If any Tales character were to make it (which is already a stretch, but why not), it'd be Lloyd.

1) ToS is mostly considered a Gamecube game
2) Lloyd's clearly back in ToS: Long Name Kinda Sequel.

I just did a voice comparison, and Jason Griffith is the voice of Sonic in Brawl.

Why would they do this?

I thought that Nintendo would at least know that Ryan Drummond >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason Griffith when it comes to the voice of Sonic.

Guybrush Threepwood said:
I just did a voice comparison, and Jason Griffith is the voice of Sonic in Brawl.

Why would they do this?

I thought that Nintendo would at least know that Ryan Drummond >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jason Griffith when it comes to the voice of Sonic.
I for one am glad Nintendo did not bother to know this and I have to question why you do

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Scribble said:
Allegedly, that alphabetical theory is incorrect. A Japanese member of GameFAQs (lol) proved it wrong.

The alphabetical system is very shaky since people are using only certain franchise names to make it fit

Sharp said:
1up will give it an eight due to the mechanics and visuals not changing enough from Melee, plus laggy online and not taking advantage of the Wiimote functionality.
It's like the review is already written for it without them even playing it and you just got some exerpts from it! :lol

grandjedi6

wsippel said:
So, Rayman or Jade will be revealed at the US event? I would kill for Jade... ;)

I really wish that would happen but Rayman and especially Jade are no where near popular enough to make it in

Guybrush Threepwood said:
Because I'm a Sega fan.

Okay, you tell me. Who is the better Sonic?

Griffith: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkcHIdruHeI

or

Drummond: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMkwx6tHpJc

4Kids hired Jason Griffith as the voice of Sonic in Sonic X. That should tell you enough right there.
Nintendo just went with whoever Sega gave them

Sharp

MindCollizion said:
It's like the review is already written for it without them even playing it and you just got some exerpts from it! :lol
I can be surprisingly prescient when it comes to 1up reviews of Wii games.

Jiggy

grandjedi6 said:
The alphabetical system is very shaky since people are using only certain franchise names to make it fit
Yep, or sometimes using character names instead of the series.
We actually covered this a while back in this thread... trying to find it via search right now, but I'm not entirely sure what to look for. Three searches have already failed me.

grandjedi6 said:
Yeah we've discussed it alot. It probably means a delay

:lol at myself for thinking I'd noticed something before GAF.

Delay: oh, well. As long as it's the best game ever, so be it.

Sonic: not surprised, but still very happy. Bring on Megaman!

dude

dude
ggnoobIGN said:
Something tells me if SE came to him with a killer character idea, Sak didn't tell them "No can do. The jpgs on my site are in an exact specific order that can never be changed!"

OR he already knew all the characters he'd put in his game before starting a daily updated site.

SantaC

Gold Member
Peer on sonic and sega+nintendo.

Peer-IGN said:
Here Comes a New, Old Challenger
Well, Sakurai and team finally made it official: Sonic is in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Apart from the ridiculous battles that are sure to ensue, I'm excited because it confirms the cross-over approach we suspected when first hearing about the "X" (cross) in the Japanese title of the game. Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at, it's keeping secrets. With most of the game rooted firmly in the last game's fighting mechanics, you can bet that the developers are making sure the roster of fighters feels fresh.

Nintendo's strong relationship with SEGA is obvious -- and the trade of Mario for SEGA's Olympics game versus Sonic in SSBB is definitely an expression of that new-found relationship that 10 years ago was simply unthinkable.

But it, like some of the other new announcements that came out of Japan today, are examples of how Nintendo has turned the tides and is emerging from being the #3 player in the last console race to being the big new, old challenger. Though the Wii's storage capacity is woefully lacking, Nintendo's support of the Virtual Console (new games every week since launch!) and its plans for the WiiWare channel are exciting.

From small things, big things come: Online Dr. Mario, Pokemon DS connectivity apps, Bomberman, downloadable Final Fantasy CC -- these are just some of the announcements out of Japan today.

But the biggest one of them all will probably go unnoticed by most US gamers: Monster Hunter on Wii. I thought a DS version of this game was inevitable. The Capcom title sold a staggering two million copies on PSP in Japan. The fact that Capcom has announced a Wii version ahead of a DS edition shows the company's new-found faith in Nintendo's console -- faith that was no doubt shaken after many of its exclusives on GameCube didn't perform as well as competing titles on PS2 or Xbox.

So there you have it. The tide keeps on turning -- and honestly, few of us would've predicted the current state of the PS3 and Wii in the market place. While the battle is far from over, it's obvious that Nintendo isn't willing to rest on its Brain Age/Wii Play/Wii Sports/Pokemon laurels.

Still to be resolved: storage space issues, online communication.

Looking forward to see how this all pans out.

PS: In case you missed it, check my old post about the SSBB composers. The composer behind Monster Hunter is also working on some tunes for Smash Bros. Those are all some big coincidences, eh?

I always thought Peer was the best editor IGN has.

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 said:
Yep, or sometimes using character names instead of the series.
We actually covered this a while back in this thread... trying to find it via search right now, but I'm not entirely sure what to look for. Three searches have already failed me.
I can't find it either. I'd rather the alphabetical system be false then we still have a chance of getting both Megaman and Pikmin

Duderz

Banned
I'm excited because it confirms the cross-over approach we suspected when first hearing about the "X" (cross) in the Japanese title of the game. Trust me, those Square composers aren't all working on Smash Bros. music out of the goodness of their hearts. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at, it's keeping secrets.

!

Jiggy

ant1532 said:
New Metroid stage is probably going to be Magomoor Cavers or Bryyo (speculated from lava waterfalls in the level)
I think I remember reading the Prime 3 team saying they hadn't shared any information with Sakurai (as a reason why they didn't expect to see Hypermode Samus in Brawl).

grandjedi6

Jiggy37 said:
I think I remember reading the Prime 3 team saying they hadn't shared any information with Sakurai (as a reason why they didn't expect to see Hypermode Samus in Brawl).

Yeah they did. I've said it before but I would be very surprised if any Metroid Prime assests appear in the game at all

ant1532

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, I'm actually thinking now it could be underground Castle Seige

grandjedi6

ShockingAlberto said:
I wonder what the Square thing could be alluding to.

Generic FF job class or Sora?

Maybe the original Warriors of Light tag teaming together...actually that would be pretty sweet

Helzown

SantaC said:
Peer on sonic and sega+nintendo.

I always thought Peer was the best editor IGN has.

I think Peer is one of the best editors on the Internet. And he's right, I'm not sure why I didn't think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom