• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mercenary Kings Kickstarter from Tribute, devs of Scott Pilgrim & Wizorb [$75k goal]

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/322438897/mercenary-kings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jopRHhEnlVI

78de6326d77f73e6ee8b8064c91287de_large.gif

The team behind Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game reunited to develop Mercenary Kings, a 2D action game that combines precise platforming action and a compelling crafting system. Accomplish various missions to unfold the story and gather materials dropped by defeated enemies to craft your weapon of choice. Any part of your weapon is customizable, each one altering the effect of your attack. Create an arsenal of weapons either to match your own play style or to match the challenge of a specific mission.

Mercenary Kings will have a strong focus on cooperative play. The initial version of the game will feature local 4 player cooperative play and will be available for PC. However, we are planning on supporting more platforms and online play if resources allow it.

c93cfb68619109d762e2316ad7ec6c79_large.gif

Goals:
75k:
30 to 40 missions taking place on a paradise island under siege.
4-player local coop mode
20 to 30 primary weapon sets (guns)
5 to 10 secondary weapons (knives)
Various materials to build parts
Basic shop items (rations, first-aid, grenades, and more)
Main NPCs (Colonel, Gunsmith, Knife Expert, Shopkeeper, Helicopter Pilot)
15 enemies
4 mind-blowing bosses
4 color palettes for the main character
Achievements

125k:
20 to 30 additional missions (total of 50-70)
Additional primary weapon sets (guns)
Additional secondary weapons (knives)
Additional materials to build parts
New shop items (such as a riot shield, mines, rocket launcher, and more)
Additional NPCs (a Fashion Designer and a Cook)
About 10 more enemies (total of 25)
3 additional bosses (total of 7)
4 additional color palettes for the main character (total of 8)
More Achievements

175k:
The full plot is unveiled!
20 to 30 additional missions (total of 70-100)
Additional materials to build parts
1 additional NPC (Spy)
About 5 additional enemies (total of 30)
3 additional bosses (total of 10)
2 additional color palettes for the main character (total of 10)
Transceiver item and the ability to call for support (Colonel or Helicopter Pilot)
4-player online coop mode!
More Achievements
Leaderboards
Console version

200k:
5-20 extra missions
1 additional boss (total of 11)
More character customization

fd40117d623e0e09feb78a7422e8ac0a_large.gif

Xater

I liked Scott Pilgrim and REALLY liked Wizorb. This also totally looks up my alley. I will probably back this.

Cade

I've been hyped for this for a few weeks, glad they got their Kickstarter up and running. Definitely gotta hit the 175k goal, I'll try my best to remember to back this.

dopan

Neo Member
As with everything else Paul Robertson touches, this game looks fantastic. I've only ever gone in for the base level (digital copy, etc) on kickstarter games, but I'm seriously thinking of backing this one for 3 figures. Really hope people back this enough to reach the higher tiers.

Also, HYPE!

I fully support everything about this. I loved Scott Pilgrim, and I had no idea that Tribute Games made Wizorb. I should get on playing that sometime.

I'll probably back this soon. Gotta reach that online co-op goal!

LuchaShaq

Banned
I have never contributed to a kickstarter.

Loved the scott Pilgrim game (hated the movie)

LOVE Wizorb..... One of the two best XBLIG along with FEEP's Sequence (seriously check it out he's a gaffer and it's awesome)

Fuck it I'm in

I am not a big fan of the Scott Pilgrim game, I am surprised to see it so praised here. Its heart is in the right place, but it misses so many crucial gameplay elements that drag the core experience way down, in my opinion. Everything surrounding it is incredible though, which might be it. It certainly LOOKS the part, which I think deceives a lot of people.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, it's going to be like Metal Slug (I see guns this time)? That's not very suitable to online play, unless it's somehow less demanding on the timing and skill etc. The slightest lag could kill you in Metal Slug. I'm not gonna back it based on their previous games but I will keep an eye on this, it could be cool.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Local coop only for a coop focused game on PC?

Yea....

EDIT: Well at least online is on the stretch goals.

Just found out about this. Definitely backing this, I loved Scott Pilgrim and love Paul Robertson's art style. If only they could get Anamanaguchi to do the soundtrack!

test_account

XP-39C²
Looks cool :) Will buy if it comes out for PS3 or Vita. I wonder how much money they need to expand beyond PC. They mention that they will if the funds allow it, but they dont say how much that is needed, at least from what i can see.

Top Bottom