• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft: Story Mode heading to the Wii U

HUELEN10

The major news item is that MINECRAFT is on Nintendo!

What of eShop clones?

Of course is just the Telltale game, but still.

cacildo

ugh, i hate these telltale games...

(only played Walking Dead... which was ok! I mean the story was ok. The game was terrible)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The official source of the news

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/26/9207085/minecraft-story-mode-telltale-games-interview

Story Mode doesn’t have a specific release date just yet, but the first episode is expected to debut before the end of the year. And it’s coming to a huge range of platforms, including the Xbox One and 360, PS3, PS4, PC, Mac, Android, and iOS. Telltale has also revealed to The Verge that the game will be coming to the Wii U as well, marking the first time a Minecraft game launches on a Nintendo platform. One of the goals is to reach outside of the Minecraft fandom, and introduce new people to the franchise. But with an existing audience of 70 million, Telltale also knows that keeping them satisfied is the most important thing.

This announcement has two implications

- Maybe Minecraft is indeed coming to Wii U
- That Walking Dead Season 1+2 Wii U listing on Game.co.uk could be true, then

L~A

3rd party is back with a vengeance

money is money tho

there are MS-published games on GBA so it's not unprecedented

That's not the same thing: Microsoft never released a handheld, so having games on GBA was no problem at all since it wasn't a direct competitor.

Then again, this is also special... Minecraft is way too big to remain on Microsoft platforms only.

Nintenleo

Mojang talked about Nintendo platforms some months ago, clearly something is going on.
I hope it's not just Story Mode.

Maybe the real game is heading to NX at launch? The most popular game among kids of the moment coming out for the newest console from Nintendo? It could be huge, even if the game is playable on any other system or device.

It's a joke about how miiversers thought the Pilotwings stage was a Minecraft stage.
Edit: Beaten, but here's the pic.
BRAozbzCcAACsBQ.jpg

Would be a real not so subtle way for MS to get its hands on NX dev kits.

MS "hey we want to make Minecraft a launch game for the NX"

Nintendo. "...."

MS "Fine. No Minecraft for you. EVER"

But if this is true this is such a weird thing to happen before actual Minecraft game on the platform as well.

Steel

Banned
So they're bringing over the telltale minecraft game to Wii U before they even bring over actual Minecraft? That's kinda hilarious.

Minecraft would be a perfect fit for Wii U. Took them forever to put it out, though.
Probably not the best game to debut the franchise on the platform, nor the developer's first game on there but it seems likely that both Normal Minecraft and the walking dead games are coming to the platform

HUELEN10

So they're bringing over the telltale minecraft game to Wii U before they even bring over actual Minecraft? That's kinda hilarious.
To be fair, this looks more of a game than Minecraft anyways.

Minecraft, to me at least, screams software toy, not that that is a bad thing in the least. Lots of great software toys around, like Wii Music.

Dragon

Banned
Would be a real not so subtle way for MS to get its hands on NX dev kits.

MS "hey we want to make Minecraft a launch game for the NX"

Nintendo. "...."

MS "Fine. No Minecraft for you. EVER"

But if this is true this is such a weird thing to happen before actual Minecraft game on the platform as well.

Do publishers normally get dev kits? I always thought it was just the devs. Telltale is developing this right?

Minecraft, to me at least, screams software toy, not that that is a bad thing in the least.

...What? This is like saying LBP isn't a game...

I did not know this game even existed until now. Seems rather odd but then again I thought the same thing about the Telltale Borderlands game.

Hopefully does well so Nintendo players can get some more 3rd party games in the future.

Miles X

Minecraft, to me at least, screams software toy, not that that is a bad thing in the least. Lots of great software toys around, like Wii Music.

You just sound bitter about not getting MC on WiiU ...

higemaru

How did the Ouya get The Walking Dead and the Wii U didn't? Telltale games are everywhere, how did they skip the Wii U around launch?

KingBroly

Banned
Really weird considering Minecraft isnt on Nintendo systems yet. But its good that telltale is working with nintendo again

Ooccoo

I'm not sure how this game can be successful though. Minecraft is all about creating in a huge sandbox. I can't see how a narrative-driven game will be a commercial success.

Bsigg12

I'm not sure how this game can be successful though. Minecraft is all about creating in a huge sandbox. I can't see how a narrative-driven game will be a commercial success.

It has the word Minecraft in it. Between the toys, apparel and accessories, Minecraft prints money.

Top Bottom