• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Red Dead Redemption 2 at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

arab

Hello. I am a former Rockstar game dev. I will not give any more personal information for my safety. My boss was a major D*** so this is why I am leaking info on the up coming Red Dead Redemption prequel.

The sequel will be called Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. Although it is the second (or third if you consider Undead Nightmare a sequel) game, It is chronologically before the original game. The game will take place in the same area as the original game, twelve years before the first original game.

There will be three playable characters, two of which are from the original game and one will be completely new and will not have much story line, Ill explain in a second. The two "main" characters are Irish and Seth. Irish will be brought up in Ireland and will move to the Americas when he is fifteen and moves to the game setting when he turns twenty one. Seth is from Kansas City and works as a teller in a bank. He then hears of a treasure and uses his life savings to bring his family to Texas in the town of Tumbleweed. Throughout the story we experience him unraveling to his state of mind in the original game, losing his wife, children, home, and possessions to his treasure. The third person is a character you create similar to multiplayer in GTA V. You choose his clothes and horse.

Although you can unlock outfits for Seth and Irish, the third person (Who you name) can acquire all different kinds of Western tops, bottoms, boots, gloves, and hats. Horses will also bring completely new customization to the game. You can choose there type/breed like the last game, but now you can also choose what saddle they have (with their own boosts and stats), storage, and paint. You can also buy your own safe house and customize it. Also, all of this carries over into multiplayer. There will be many new and more thought out stranger missions as well as roughly thirty campaign missions for both Seth and Irish. The third character can be involved in the campaign, but can not be used in missions. He will appear as a "gun for hire" and works with Seth and Irish, tying the stories together.

"You" (the third character) will be in free roam, but Irish and Seth can be called in as companions (but not be played as), as well as other people. You will meet many of the characters from the original game including young Bonny Macfarlane, Sherriff, and even John Marston, but he will still be in his gang.
A big new part of the RDR prequel is the new gang system. You can join several different gangs, or if you think you are up for it you can join the law enforcement of certain towns, but this will restrict you on things you can do like robbing. Although you can rob it might cost you your hard earned career and possibly your life. You can also bring in a posse (up to 4-8 friends) to single player, technically co op now. You can take on certain side missions and a few campaign missions with your posse.

RDR 2 LotW will be announced at the upcoming E3 event.
I don't expect you to believe me, but this is all true. I used to go to work every day and see this.
Thank you for your time, A former Rockstar employee and audio engineer

edited 4 formating

https://www.reddit.com/r/leakthreads/comments/31nn5d/red_dead_redemption_2_leak/

PLS BE REAL

Newlove

I just don't believe these things at all, unless a trusted publication can verify their supposed credentials.

edit - and mentioning you were a newly laid off employee with an audio background narrows down the culprit. Only an idiot would leak confidential info like that.

The sequel will be called Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West. Although it is the second (or third if you consider Undead Nightmare a sequel) game, It is chronologically before the original game.

Well

It's the third game even without Undead Nightmare

Source: reddit

ifFW6rNyNRpGq.gif

but seriously if you can create a character, pls animate women.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
"Same place as the original game", "RDR 2"

Wow, doesn't even know that the first game was Red Dead Revolver and not Redemption. Fake, fake, fake.

Takao

Banned
1 - Reddit
2 - "Legends of the West" is not something I'd see Rockstar using as a title.
3 - "I will not give any more personal information for my safety."

"A former Rockstar employee and audio engineer"

wonder how many audio engineers have left rockstar recently
4 - years of waiting for the same area?
5 - Redemption is the second game in the Red Dead series ...

Sacul64GC

Banned
I don't doubt it's coming, but doesn't Rockstar typically skip E3?

Pretty much they do skip it since they act like their name sake. At this point its basically true they are the Rockstars of the gaming world. They dont need E3 they created Rick Rolling.

Vire

Legends of the West? You seriously couldn't come up with anything better than that redditor?

Please. Please oh please. Strong narrative please. Red Dead is game of such elevated convention. A flawed masterpiece and a triumphant narrative success.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Also, when was the last time Rockstar had a leak? Agent developer portfolio notwithstanding.

He's talking about the original being Red Dead Redemption, since this is supposedly RDR2.

Still ridiculous. Doubt Rockstar would do a prequel for RDR.

Its funny he/she calls their boss a D***, reveals the game, then signs as an Audio Engineer. What would that take, like 5 seconds to figure out who is spilling the beans?

I dont believe it, I want to, I hope so much I am wrong, but he/she just revealed a bit too much about themselves. In an industry where your reputation and networking mean so much, I find it odd to burn bridges this way.

Oh, and the stereotypical guy from Ireland named "Irish"? And the town in Texas called Tumbleweed? I laughed and cringed at the same time. Has to be fake.

Cardon

I don't doubt it's coming, but doesn't Rockstar typically skip E3?

This. Unless Sony/MS is planning a megaton exclusive announcement, which I doubt will happen, I really don't foresee Rockstar breaking their tradition of not giving a crap about E3 since the whole Agent situation. That's unless this will be revealed at a pre-E3, around May, event that Rockstar is planning, but I honestly think we'll learn of the next Red Dead game via a trailer like Max Payne 3 and GTAV.

Camjo-Z

I don't expect you to believe me, but this is all true. I used to go to work every day and see this.

If they didn't expect people to believe anyway, then why would they pointlessly incriminate themselves by throwing in stuff like "I used to work there, I was an audio engineer"?

Fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom