• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Red Dead Redemption 2 at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

120v

sounds legit

Geek

Ninny Prancer
The biggest tell that this is fake is the long list of unimaginative bullshit that makes this sound like the least interesting Rockstar game ever

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea the title is a giveaway. Would be exciting though, new tech, new Rockstar game sounds promising.

"Hello. I am a former Rockstar game dev. I will not give any more personal information for my safety. My boss was a major D*** so this is why I am leaking info on the up coming Red Dead Redemption prequel."

This is what a 13 year old would write.

Xeroblade

Legends of The West lol! It's going to be 3 games actually. The 2nd will be Legends of The East. The 3rd game will Be RDR 4: West vs East starring nba players.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well if it was any later, it wouldn't be the wild west era anymore...

I meant storyline wise. No reason to have Seth and Irish as MC, when at most we got a small reference of Niko Bellic in GTAV.

usp84

Why would anyone want this to be true?I mean yeah i want a sequel but all the details about the game are awful.I dont understand

Seth and Irish as the protagonists?After John Marston?Please no

Permanently A

"My boss was a major D*** so this is why I am leaking info on the up coming Red Dead Redemption prequel."

Yeah this sounds like the typical excuse when trying to legitimize a leak. I'll wait for E3.

Asgaro

GTA V information about there being 3 playable characters also leaked in advance.
And people didn't believe it. On gtaforums.com the thread got locked if I remember correctly.

DMiz

Its funny he/she calls their boss a D***, reveals the game, then signs as an Audio Engineer. What would that take, like 5 seconds to figure out who is spilling the beans?

That stuck out to me, too.

It really, really smells like someone who basically thought up the story, put it down, and then realized - "Wait, people aren't going to believe me unless I can attach something that makes it seem like I'm involved in development."

It's counter-intuitive to the premise outlined at the start.

Normally I shrug aside reddit rumors, but this... seems somewhat plausible. The three character and gang system sounds like something Rockstar would do for their first post-GTAV game.
What stands out to me is "rumoured at the office"

Like they all sit down to lunch break like "hey guys, did you hear that rumour that we might be working on Bully 2? Although obviously WE'RE working on something else, but we might be working on it"
If it's very early in development, it's not that surprising that some don't know about it yet.

Regardless, looking forward to Rockstar's next game.. whatever it may be!

lol

Terrible, fake name. Game itself sounds pretty weak. Same location? They would never do that. And nothing about what he has described sounds remotely interesting. Fake fake fake.

Chris1

GTA V information about there being 3 playable characters also leaked in advance.
And people didn't believe it. On gtaforums.com the thread got locked if I remember correctly.

3 playable characters isn't the least believable bit of this though, I'll be more surprised if it doesn't have more than one playable character. I think
hope
that mechanic is a given for all R* games going forward.

Majukun

I'm one of the few gamers that think that the first game was nowhere near as good as some people say it is..but it really had potential,so count me in if they manage to make a good sequel...hopefully correcting the problems of the first

Vire

Same location?
Seth and Irish playable main characters?
LEGEND OF THE FUCKING WEST?

Could he make this game sound more awful if he tried?

Hip Hop

sounds so fake.

I don't expect you to believe me, but this is all true. I used to go to work every day and see this.

Thank you for your time, A former Rockstar employee and audio engineer

sure, whatever you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom