• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameinformer + Ubisoft + Nintendo Rev = Red Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfly

[MOD POWER ABUSE]
Reminder: As usual, linking, posting or in any way distributing copyrighted material is punishable by ban, as is asking for their location or a PM thereof.
[/MOD POWER ABUSE]

Suposedly Game Informer have the scoop on "project katana" aka "Red Steel"

heres the cover

coverforstory.jpg

Anyone got any info from this?

EDIT

Info:

Guns, and the gun mimicks the remote/your hand. That is to say, if you hold the remote sideways/gangsta style, the gun on screen does the same.

You can actually throw grenades with a throwing motion, or roll them across the ground. Nifty.

Sword play for up close combat and there will apparently be sword duels. I guess guns aren't much use if a sword wielding baddy gets up close and you pretty much have to duel him.

Stealthy kills of some variety if you sneak up on people with swords, I think?

There are apparently leader baddies. Like, a room full of bad guys and one of them is the leader, if you kick some ass but spare the leaders life he could help you with information, new weapons, opening alternate paths, etc.

You can flick the remote to take cover behind something or flip a table over to hide behind.

Split screen and online multiplayer.

-"Aiming with the controller is as simple as using a laser pointer. You point your hand at a target and hit the trigger on the underside of the controller to fire

-"Unlike other FPS games, which tie the camera and aiming together, Red Steel's camera follows your aim with a slight delay. If, for example, you point to the edge of the screen, the camera will turn to re-center on your view after a second. With the sensitivity of the controller, a standard FPS control would move too much, potentially making the player feel ill

-"Thanks to the improved reaction that the controller offers, the team can create gunfight scenerios that would be extraordinarily diffilcult with a standard controller"

-Most console FPS games limit their enemies to horizontal planes to prevent player frustration, but targets on a verticle plane are just as easy to hit with the Revolution controller

-You can aim at a target as quickly as you can move your hand

-In the demo targets popped up on rooftops and in second story windows, as well as behind cover points on the ground, and all were equally easy to hit

-While you can quickly shoot enemies anywhere on screen, Red Steel never feels in a light-gun game - this is a true FPS, one that feels like it has drawn from the best of both the PC and console shooter worlds

-GI: we found Red Steel most enjoyable to play while standing up

-Straffing is extremely easy and effortless

-"Aiming felt similar to using a PC mouse, and it's possible to quickly explore every direction in a three-dimensional space with quick gestures"

-Total immersion. Feels like you are living the game

-GI: the Revolution is real

-Andy: It could change the very way all gamers are played now and forever

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
superfly said:
Suposedly Game Informer have the scoop on "project katana" aka "Red Steel"

heres the cover

coverforstory.jpg

Anyone got any scans from this?

Uh oh. The Jon Spencer Thread Implosion.

superfly

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200604/N06.0407.1251.24078.htm

You’ll have to wait till the magazine hits the streets to find out. We answer these simple questions and many more in our eleven-page hands-on report.

In addition, we have an in-depth interview with Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications George Harrison, in which we poke and prod him about Nintendo’s upcoming console.

Plus, we have two other exclusive first looks from developers whose pedigree can’t be denied. One from Raven Software, and the other from Kaos Studios (a new studio whose core team is responsible for the award-winning Battlefield 1942 mod, Desert Combat)

Game Informer subscribers should start to receive their May issues any day now, so keep your eyes peeled.

Also, Game Informer Unlimited goes live on April 20th, where you’ll be able to get even more info about Red Steel, and the complete transcript of our interview with George Harrison! Stay tuned!

-GI Staff

In the April issue of Game Informer Magazine, Editor-In-Chief Andy McNamara said that there would be a surprise in the next issue of Game Informer, and today we have the pleasure of letting you in on the secret.

After months of waiting, Game Informer Magazine is proud to present the world exclusive first look at a game for the Nintendo Revolution.

But not just any game. Red Steel comes from the Ubisoft Paris team, which is comprised of industry veterans who worked on franchises like Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon, and Splinter Cell.

What kind of game is it? What is it about?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Imagine having dual Revolution controllers, one retrofited with a Light Gun casing and the other being used as a sword....

:O :O :O :O

BlueTsunami said:
Imagine having dual Revolution controllers, one retrofited with a Light Gun casing and the other being used as a sword....

:O :O :O :O

more like imagine dual revs for light guns playing akimbo john woo style. i can garuntee you i will be the first preorder for something like that.

meltpotato said:
more like imagine dual revs for light guns playing akimbo john woo style. i can garuntee you i will be the first preorder for something like that.
That'd be flash, I think 2 revolution controllers could make for some amazing games, although i don't know how many of those we are likely to see.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Seem to have forgotten to quote this part of the GI note (maybe it was just added?):

You’ll have to wait till the magazine hits the streets to find out. We answer these simple questions and many more in our eleven-page hands-on report. Look out for massive screenshots side by side with pictures of gamers actually demonstrating what you'll do with the Revolution remote.

I mean geez, finally some screens. GAF am explode.

Kroole

The Friendly Monster said:
That'd be flash, I think 2 revolution controllers could make for some amazing games, although i don't know how many of those we are likely to see.

It really depends on Nintendo. Two controllers as a standard would be awesome even if not every game utilises it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
You’ll have to wait till the magazine hits the streets to find out. We answer these simple questions and many more in our eleven-page hands-on report. Look out for massive screenshots side by side with pictures of gamers actually demonstrating what you'll do with the Revolution remote.
oh shit I may actually go and buy the magazine.

argon

The Friendly Monster said:

How would you move though? And don't say the D-pad! I mean analog control..

Jim

Just to support the "out of the box" configuration, I can imagine toggling between a gun/sword for a single revmote.

Love the title... definitely intriguing.

Beezy

This will be the first time that I pay for a copy of Game Informer. Even if they don't have much info, that cover is just too sexy to ignore. :D :D :D

When should I be able to find this in stores?

It makes sense to release some information before E3. They can only fit so much content for each of their four platforms in the one hour press conference.

Jim

Roders5 said:
I really hope that doesn't just mean target renders

Does anyone REALLY care about this game for it's graphics though? I think it is the gameplay possibilities that has everyone excited.

Unison

Wow, so the first concrete proof of a major new Rev. game since last E3 is not only a mature-targeted title, but it's also a new franchise from a significant 3rd party? :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Jim said:
Does anyone REALLY care about this game for it's graphics though? I think it is the gameplay possibilities that has everyone excited.

Exactly, I would like it to be some type of FPS or something. It could look like a rather unnapealing game visually but the possible gameplay aspects are making giddy.

Speevy

Banned
Well, Ubisoft is really talented so I think this will be a good indicator of what a good looking Rev game can look like.

monkeyrun

Battersea Power Station said:
I'm going to join the Drinky/MAF team if all the third-party games require wild and flailing gesturing.
that might prove to be rather difficult .. by joining "their" team you'll most probably need to physically merge with "them".

Ummm... this screams fake. All magazines have a LIST of features on their cover, they dont just have one feature outlined. Also, the mag doesnt even give a page number for the rev stuff like they usually do on the cover.

Im calling it. Fake photoshop.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I know it's been discussed before, but you know, this is an original and likely exclusive game from a third party. They'll be harder to find, particularly among western devs, but Rev may get them by default. That'd be quite attractive, if they're worth a dime, of course.

Probationsmack said:
Ummm... this screams fake. All magazines have a LIST of features on their cover, they dont just have one feature outlined. Also, the mag doesnt even give a page number for the rev stuff like they usually do on the cover.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200604/N06.0407.1251.24078.htm

Razoric

Banned
Probationsmack said:

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/9FAD79D7-0F73-46E1-A54C-5FD4B13FD943/8998/coverforstory.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom