• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto IOTI This Thread is Writen in Cursive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

1460012787_1_13_9dae29c052cd371b54d8417824369674.jpg

Let me introduced you to Sakamoto

lt2j5EUl.png

Oh you want proper description ? fine

Synopsis:
First year high school student Sakamoto isn't just cool, he's the coolest! Almost immediately after starting school, he began attracting everyone's attention. The girls love him, and most of the boys resent him. There's even a boy in the class who works as a model, but who is constantly upstaged by Sakamoto! No matter what tricks the other boys try to play on him, Sakamoto always manages to foil them with ease and grace. Though Sakamoto may seem cool and aloof, he helps others when asked, such as in the case of the boy in his class who was being constantly bullied. No matter what difficulties Sakamoto encounters, he moves through his high school life with confidence and class.

Staff:

Director: Shinji Takamatsu (Gintama, Daily Life of High School Boy)
Music: Yasuhiko Fukuda (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
Original creator: Nami Sano
Character Design: Atsuko Nakajima
Art Director: Masatoshi Muto
Animation Production: Studio DEEN (Konosuba, Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju)

Cruncyroll link
Official Site
PV1 OP ED

Character:

Sakamoto
VA: Hikaru Midorikawa (Persona 3's Akihiko Sanada, Gundam Wing's Heero Yuy, Fate/Zero's Lancer)

The protagonist of the series who is a model student for all in his school. He is the perfect man who can solve any problem with a kind yet unflappable persona. Because of this, many girls fall for him, and his male classmates resent him. Although he acts strangely sometimes (such as doing weird poses or acting sneakily), it only adds to his coolness. Sakamoto has a range of 'secret skills' which allow him to do various things, such as catch bugs or blow bubbles. It is implied that he may not actually be human.

SUPPORT THE AUTHOR BY BUYING THE MANGA

Buy Official Sakamoto Merchandise including custom made Sakamoto shoes!

r5wxwe9.gif

Any change to the OP is welcome

squall23

This was everything I hoped it would bee, kinda stunned by the meh reaction in anime gaf
I enjoyed it but I understand why some people wouldn't. You can only make gags revolve around a single character so many times. Whereas things like Nichijou and Nichibros was comedic for the entire cast.

Dennis

Banned
Well, what is the catch?

Reading the OP it is a show/manga about a perfect guy doing things perfectly.

Sounds perfectly boring from the description.

rrvv

Well, what is the catch?

Reading the OP it is a show/manga about a perfect guy doing things perfectly.

Sounds perfectly boring from the description.

None really. Just like OPM. Except he is prefect student.

This is just parody of prefect student just like OPM is parody of overpowered super hero

Qvoth

Swagamoto has an anime already? Wow that's pretty quick isn't it? Isn't it like less than 2 years old at most?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sakamoto desu ga ep.1
I expect more from the director of Gintama and Danshi Nichijou. It's a decent adaptation, but i think the director could do better than this. I hope they ramp up swag factor for the next episode. So far, i like it, but i want more than just liking it.

PKrockin

Episode 1:

I am totally on board with this anime. Not having read the manga, this was funny as hell to me and I would keep watching just for the soundtrack. The gimmick might wear thin, sure, but if it does I'll just stop watching. No skin off my back. Not like there's a story I have to see a resolution to.

blakep267

Ok first ep. It was a little disappointing on the swag scale. I will say the fire work out was funny but other stuff fell flat

I almost think that it needs to be more over the top

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I thought this was funnier than any episode of Gintama had been this season...

Only issue is I imagine the initial premise might wear thin, but this is probably a pretty short series right?

balgajo

Sad to see this abandoned thread. Manga reader here but I'm having a blast with the anime. Going to episode 4 right now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sad this thread has been dead since Episode 2, there's only one episode left to air and I gotta say this was a cute little show I'll miss---I liked it more than the recent season of Gintama if I'm gonna be honest.

Just finished this series after a friend recommended it. Honestly one of the best, funniest surprises of the year for me. The humor was really original and I was always surprised by how Sakamoto's character handled every situation. I'm surprised it only had a 12 episode run, including the Manga which has also already ended. It still felt like there was so much unexplored potential for more scenarios, possibly following Sakamoto and co until graduation. Oh well.

One question though:
was Sakamoto really leaving for the nasa program? His blonde ponytail bro cast doubt on it, to which Sakamoto neither confirmed or denied.
Surprisingly touching ending eitherway.

Highly highly recommend for anyone looking for an original slice of life comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom