• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer - RDR style

benzy

http://youtu.be/8QuIovDO6TE

Fighting. Dancing. Singing. Street Racing. Gambling. Bruce Lee costume. Cock fights.

UPDATE: Comic-Con footage

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling this game will end up being incredibly average. But that's just my opinion, I have been wrong before. But right now it just kind of looks like a True Crime: Streets of Hong Kong.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks great for an open-world game. wasnt the hand 2 hand pretty good in the original true crime as well?

PSYGN

Nice to see GTA have some actual competition (if it's as open world as it seems). This is like taking a bit of the craziness from SR into a more realistic setting that GTA provides. Looking forward to it.

adpuu7.gif

Aaron

Trailer sold me. You can get a pre-order of the limited ed from greenmangaming.com for $36. Thus I keep my pledge to never spend over $40 on a game.

massoluk

Banned
The fact that the developer is making combat system based on the movie Tom Yum Goong (The Protector) make me all giddy inside.

Everything looks really good except the character models, talk about butter face.

Definitely keeping an eye on this one if the combat system is as intuitive as they made it look then I'm sold.

EXGN

I'm really glad Square picked this up. It looks good in like a Just Cause kinda way, a game that's more fun than good.

I have a feeling this game will end up being incredibly average. But that's just my opinion, I have been wrong before. But right now it just kind of looks like a True Crime: Streets of Hong Kong.

Not... sure... if... serious...?

Blunt

Banned
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"

Good grief.

Actual game looks interesting though, I'll keep an eye out.

Looks great. Kinda wished the characters spoke Cantonese with subtitles. Love the setting, but I get pulled out a little bit when characters are speaking English.

Nibel

This looks suprisingly good, really. I loved the original True Crime and its Honk Kong influence.

Will probably pick this up if user reviews are ok. :)

Man, that is heavily inspired by Yakuza. The combat, the violent environmental finishes, chasing, gambling, karaoke, "the lades...."

Can't wait.

It looks fun, but I don't remember everyone in Hong Kong speaking English, with an American accent, when I visited. They all spoke Japanese like in Shenmue II.

soultron

Banned
The writing for the narration was kind of weak in parts, but it was a pretty enjoyable trailer. I'm much more receptive to this kind of marketing than I am a shitty dubstep trailer. Keep that shit for TV spots.

The game keeps looking better with every trailer they show. I'm considering picking this up now.

And yeah, everyone should be copying Rockstar's Design & Technology Series marketing stuff. I actually look forward to that stuff.

Game looks like a lot of fun, like that they have lite RPG elements with regards to buffs and clothing affecting those things as well. The simple things.

HOWEVER, this game is going to make headlines soon in a negative way when PETA finds out about the Cock Fighting minigame. I personally don't have a problem, but watch it will make waves.

Top Bottom