• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer - RDR style

No_Style

Definitely got the Yakuza vibe with the inclusion of karaoke and using the environments during fights.

I'm in.

Do they have a Chinese only voice track?

dummydecoy

Wow! Looks good! But yep, butterface lead. Should have licensed Donnie Yen's likeness. The combat seems sluggish though, wish it were a little bit like Batman AC, seeing that it has counters and shit. I hope that PS3 version runs well.

I'm probably gonna pick this up, it's looking a lot better than when they first presented it.

Although I think the story is gonna be ridiculous, but lets just hope it's ridiculous in a good way. Anyway the game seems all around fun with lots of stuff to do.

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

Some stuff like that and vaulting over cover slow-mo looks way cooler than anything in Max Payne 3. No on-rails moments.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really glad Square picked this up. It looks good in like a Just Cause kinda way, a game that's more fun than good.

Not... sure... if... serious...?

Ha, shows how much I've been following this games development. I thought this was something entirely new. But even then, those True Crime games never felt like something entirely great, they were always just rentals and nothing more. I'm not giving a judgement on this as it isn't out, I just hope it improves on the prior games and is a quality product, but as is, it reminds me too much of the older titles.

GeoramA

This game is going to be amazing. Just hope it doesn't have technical problems because that's the only thing can bring it down at this point.

Stat!

This comes out of no where and looks awesome. I'd like to see a true open-world game compete with RDR and GTA.

RDR spoiled me with its open world. I don't need a giant world. I need stuff in the world. It needs to feel alive and that I'm in the world as oppose to the world is surrounding me.

Fjordson

Cautiously optimistic about this one. I like the Rockstar-esque video, though. Always prefer this method of pre-release media as opposed to a bunch of quick cut-filled trailers.

Do they have a Chinese only voice track?
Don't think so. Definitely wish it did, I love the Japanese voice acting in Yakuza.

Rockstar's Design and Technology trailers are the best thing to happens to trailers since ever.

Unless there are some major issues, I'm pretty much sold on Sleeping Dogs. Triad infiltration, solid melee combat, open world Hong Kong, over the top action moves, character upgrading, side activities. In all for all of that.

Amagon

I hope it plays well as much of it looks. Please don't let it be a glitch shit fest like True Crimes: Street of NYC. Either way, I've been supported of this game ever since the inception, great trailer and can't wait for its release!

Been really interested in this game, even when it was still under the True Crime name. Looks great and I'm really glad it was picked back up and turned into it's own IP. Couple hiccups here and there, but overall looking really good.

codhand

Will this sell enough to make Activision regret it? Did Brutal Legend? This looks good, but then I bought both the old True Crime's. I remember tracking down the Snoop Deville in the first one. The car tricks were cool, and I recall the cop rpg lite stuff in the second one wasn't bad either, just the engine that kind of sucked.

squall23

Still can't get over the fact that this game doesn't have New Territories or Kowloon. Gameplay looks great but still....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Will this sell enough to make Activision regret it? Did Brutal Legend? This looks good, but then I bought both the old True Crime's. I remember tracking down the Snoop Deville in the first one. The car tricks were cool, and I recall the cop rpg lite stuff in the second one wasn't bad either, just the engine that kind of sucked.

Could do okay given that its only competition in August is Transformers and Darksiders. I think.

Looks surprisingly entertaining. I remember True Crime: Streets of LA being quite fun, and I never bothered with New York since didn't care for its massive bugginess and generic style.

This looks like it could be worth picking up in the future, if they don't mess it up. Like others said, it seems like a full-open-world Yakuza game, and I enjoy the Yakuza series.

Loomer

No Cantonese only track. Just English with Cantonese strewn about here and there.

Bummer, AC2 with Italian dub and Metro 2033 in Russian sounded great, wish you could do that for every games.

English dub always seem off for a game set in another country.

rdrr gnr

I really hope this turns out good. I'm a sucker for any type of open-world game and something like this has me more interested than, say, Yakuza.

Top Bottom