• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs 101 trailer - RDR style

I'm surprised i'm saying this about a True Crime (ex true crime, whatever) game, but this is looking damn good. A true competitor to GTA from the looks of things. I'm even going to pre-order.
Don't let me down now!!!

Horns

It's looking good. I wasn't paying much attention to the game before the new trailer, but now it's on my radar.

Osaka15

Banned
. Always wanted the yakuza series to be more open world like this. The overall game play also looks impressive.

Its like they took inspiration of various games GTA, Yakuza, Just Cause, Wheelman, Max Payne... just to name a few, and got what they thought was good about those games and mixed all in one.

By no means im criticising this, on the contrary, the thing is, they need that all those things they are trying to put in the game blend perfectly with the world they created and most importantly the gameplay.
Lets see if that the case.

The trailer looks really good, will have an eye on it. Very interesting indeed.

someone make a gif for me please where he jumps of the motorcycle and shoots it to blow up to limo.

right on 4:04

i59XSBatTdC0B.gif

TimeKillr

Pre-ordering the PC version on GMG.

Hopefully it'll be a very good PC version, and not some unplayable shit, but hey. Looks sooo damn good!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Now that I'm home I can post an actual reply. I think the trailer's the best one they've put out. I think that it's great for someone who's on the fence to decide if they do or do not want the game. They show enough of the gameplay, setting, and storyline without giving away too much. You get a good idea for the variety and could see how potentially deep it can get.

I was hyped for this before, but this got me excited about the game in a way that rarely happens.

Twinduct

Ahhh I was hoping the 'face' value was based on your looks. Like you can't pick up the ladies or get access to nice places if you take too much damage to your face :/

(And it would heal up slowly)

Twinduct

ahh the 30% voucher won't work :/
SLEEP-ROVER-SLEEP = expired.

Will wait to redeem Disciples on saturday and use the 5 dolla credit.

TimeKillr

ahh the 30% voucher won't work :/
SLEEP-ROVER-SLEEP = expired.

Will wait to redeem Disciples on saturday and use the 5 dolla credit.

No, but it's already 10% off, and you can use the other coupon (GREEN-SUMME-RDEAL) to get another 20%, so it kicks down the price to 36$.

Floex

You know I was ready to come into this topic and slate the trailer but that looked fun as hell. Well done Square Enix. Now, if GTA is out this year this is more than likely getting ignored. This needs to come out stat

Twinduct

I thought that coupon had an unlimited reuse?

I don't know :)

Lol, last time I found out when I used a 25% coupon on a 7 Usd game heh. What a waste :/
Nah I have it worked out, will get Sleeping Dogs with the 20% + the 10 usd credit. Think Darksiders 2 is like 33 usd if I use my store credit at my retail. So still happy =)

Megasoum

Banned
Lol, last time I found out when I used a 25% coupon on a 7 Usd game heh. What a waste :/
Nah I have it worked out, will get Sleeping Dogs with the 20% + the 10 usd credit. Think Darksiders 2 is like 33 usd if I use my store credit at my retail. So still happy =)

Since they are steam games I guess you could use multiple accounts.

KageMaru

This game looks awesome. Was on the fence before, but now I think this is a day one for me. I really hope this does good, looks like the team put a lot of effort into the gameplay and I want it to pay off for them.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
I remember having the same kind of hype for True Crime: Streets of L.A, so i wasnt suprised at all that this used to be True Crime: Hong kong. It gives off that same "like gta with matrix type action" vibe. Really hope that the development hiccups dont affect the end product.. at least its been in development for like 4 years.

Muffdraul

A few weeks ago someone tried to pass off Sleeping Dogs footage as "leaked GTA V footage!" and that was the first time I'd seen anything of it, I'd been ignoring it completely before that. A few seconds after I knew what game it was really from, I was at Amazon clicking the pre-order button.

EXGN

I like the physics too. It's cool that after he jumps off the motorcycle he continues to slide forward because of the momentum. Small things like that keep catching my eye.

lefantome

Seems a solid game, nothing innavative, but very interesting, graphics are good.

way better than Saint's Row 2-3 which is only a dumb and boring(for the free roam category) playground.

It would have been perfect if it was released a year ago, now with GTA V...

the True Crime NYC was an interesting game ruined by a lot of problems and lack of polishing.

Endo Punk

This is one of those games that could go either way like RDR. I really REALLY want it to deliver because it looks so damn fun and I cant be more excited about the setting.

Tookay

Wow, this might have sold me on the game.

Definitely prefer the informative approach over the whiz-bang quick cut trailers that show you nothing.

I'm a sucker for great melee combat. Looks like it delivers on that front! Not really complaining, but I thought it was funny that the narrator talks big about going undercover, and the protagonist is going around, jumping on motor vehicles and blowing up limousines.

Top Bottom