• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One and Twitch

Yea I don't see the difference. The big difference I see with the xbox moving forward is that instead of having the in game overlay, you go back to the home screen. I'm not sure i like that change since it was nice being able to quickly get to friends, party, and achievements the same way. You didn't even need to look at the screen to navigate. We've seen the hold guide button to view achievement prompts. I wonder if they'll be doing to same thing for invites and messaging where you hold to jump right there instead of going to the home screen.
Yeah I imagine that is how it'll work :)
That was a great feature of the 360 OS.

As for the guide overlay..
I think they probably just expect you to say "Xbox snap friends" instead of pulling up the guide then navigating to friends.

sangreal

Owhat are you basing this on? Nothing has been found to support streaming. Stuff is in there just for kinect.

It has nothing like ps4. Ps4 streaming was put in for remote play.

Xbox reserves part of CPU and gpu for apps. No reason it needs any extra hardware. Sure it going to be a twitch app instead of an os level feature on ps4.
http://www.vgleaks.com/use-your-mobile-or-tablet-with-durango-xbox-companion/

This is about streaming to tablets etc, but it describes the hardware and budget allocated to games. Also the xb1 is already recording video for gamedvr so streaming is a small step from there

mrdark

Banned
I would think both want this in ASAP. Dilute the number of online personalities whose sole purpose is attention whoring while trying to make cash off the developers pie. You have your own stream? Congrats so do two million other people.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Blatantly ignoring the issue on twitter is just sleazy as fuck.

The bad press is going to come out anyway if twitch streaming isn't supported. Waiting until the last possible moment to reveal this is a complete dick move. Way to be transparent, Microsoft.

Rlan

Dudes, they showed this during the E3 press conference.

kitwitch.jpg

"Xbox, broadcast".

trinest

Wait Xbox will offer full streaming like the PS4 does? I thought it was just little clips, or is that another service?

Interfectum

Blatantly ignoring the issue on twitter is just sleazy as fuck.

The bad press is going to come out anyway if twitch streaming isn't supported. Waiting until the last possible moment to reveal this is a complete dick move. Way to be transparent, Microsoft.

Yup. Either tell us it's in there or not. Do we really need to wait for a lifted embargo for such a simple yes/no question?

Ubersnug

Yeah, I tweeted Major nelson and Albert Penello asking the same thing...

cap2va8z.jpg

Not a peep from either one of them. I hate to assume that silence means the worst, but given they are blatantly ignoring everyone who asks this question only results in raising serious doubts as to the inclusion of Twitch Broadcasting at launch.

Tsundere

Banned
Well XB1 embargo for UI ends in two hours, so maybe we'll know soon.

Their messaging is still terrible even at this late stage of the launch process.

Saying things like "Gamers don't want a large screen shrunken down" (telling people what they want), and not answering simple questions like "Is the feature you said would be in... actually in?"

Pretty funny how everywhere you can post a comment or something on Majornelson.com etc. you see at least 1-2 people asking about Twitch streaming.
If there's still no comment even after the embargo is up then that's fucked.

Yeah that clearly shows it does not have hardware built just for this streaming/recording. They reserving part of the hardware for this.

I don't know, I haven't been keeping up with the hardware. Just doing a quick google search I'm seeing several mentions of a dedicated video encoding block on the SOC.

holy ignorance

fuufnbg.png

Wow. Just last night when I was unable to join my friends' KZ match on PS4 because the room was full, I was elated when one of them offered to stream their gameplay so I could watch while I waited to get in. It sure beat the heck out of staring at a black screen for 20 minutes...

There is no way Microsoft doesn't have some kind of streaming on day 1. No way.

They announced it before even Sony announced Twitch and considering the popularity of streaming it had to be one of the main priorities for launch.

If they don't have streaming at launch it would be a complete disaster especially considering how the console gaming community woke up to streaming last Friday. Even the stupid Playstation camera has been selling due to this feature, it's actually a game changing feature that will only grow bigger in the future.

What makes streaming so important is that it's highly viral, a friend sees a friend streaming and people/strangers actually watching and interacting with him and he wants to do it as well. Now imagine if one console allows this and the other doesn't, what happens? Streaming actually could be a system seller feature which is why I can't imagine Microsoft would not have anything day 1.

I am sorry brother!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/live-gameplay-streaming-on-xbox-one-delayed-until-2014/

megalowho

holy ignorance

fuufnbg.png
It's like the rise of Twitch and YouTube over the past few years never happened? I get downplaying a delay but this just sounds like a head in the sand response. Even if it's not personally appealing, it's clearly where the winds are blowing and people want it.

Edit: I thought she was still affiliated with Microsoft, turns out she left a few years ago and never really played games to begin with. Comment is perfectly understandable then, if a bit out of nowhere.

Top Bottom