• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn working on new IP for home console [Update: It's For PS3]

Spiegel

Ready At Dawn is an independent game development studio committed to making the finest games available. We are currently in development of a new IP (3rd person action adventure) for the home console.

They are hiring.

http://www.creativeheads.net/Jobs.aspx?CompanyID=14301

---Update---

The independent studio behind the God of War PlayStation Portable games is making a third-person action adventure game for the PlayStation 3, a new job listing has revealed.

Ready At Dawn is after an animator and a technical artist to work on the unannounced, "exciting new IP", according to a job listing on Gamasutra.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-21-god-of-war-psp-devs-new-game-is-for-ps3

theBishop

Banned
What's the point of doing a new IP? Ready At Dawn already makes God of War. Why can't they just take the ideas they want to do in this new IP and make it a God of War game?

Majine

Banned
theBishop said:
What's the point of doing a new IP? Ready At Dawn already makes God of War. Why can't they just take the ideas they want to do in this new IP and make it a God of War game?
We got 2 God of War games last year. Let the franchise rest.

reminder

theBishop said:

Ready at Dawn only did the PSP GoW games. The console versions are developed at SCE's Santa Monica Studio.

Also, it doesn't say the game is for PS3. They can't do a GoW for another console. :p

Fodder76

theBishop said:

Not sure if serious. Discouraging the creation of new IP makes me cry chubby tears.

theBishop

Banned
Fodder76 said:
Not sure if serious. Discouraging the creation of new IP makes me cry chubby tears.

If it plays exactly like God of War, what's the difference?

Not sure if serious... I know exactly how you feel.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Have they managed to find a publisher yet?

I was under the distinct impression that they hadn't, which is the reason they went back and kept making more PSP games and then had layoffs last year.

theBishop

Banned
Nirolak said:
Have they managed to find a publisher yet?

I was under the distinct impression that they hadn't, which is the reason they went back and kept making more PSP games and then had layoffs last year.

It's Naughty Dog and Blizzard employees that founded the company, right? I can't believe these people don't have enough contacts to get a publishing deal. Get Shane Bettenhausen on this!

theBishop

Banned
I'd laugh my ass off if they announced a Dante's Inferno sequel for EA. I know it's not a new franchise (ps: 'IP' is a lie), but think of the comedy!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
theBishop said:

this is the single most depressing post i've read on gaf in at least a year.

oh i see

never mind, that's the single most depressing post i've read on gaf in at least a year

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Stumpokapow said:
this is the single most depressing post i've read on gaf in at least a year.

oh i see

never mind, that's the single most depressing post i've read on gaf in at least a year
I have to agree. Let their talents have a crack at something they want to do with a hopefully good budget.

Corto

All the luck for them in this project. But I hope they were one of the first devs to have a NGP dev kit to work with.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jo-El said:
This could be interesting. I enjoyed Daxter more than Naughty Dog's games in the series.
sldjkfkjsdh, ok maybe but Jak 1 is still really fun to play. So are the others but Jak and Daxter was great for its time.

theBishop

Banned
Jo-El said:
This could be interesting. I enjoyed Daxter more than Naughty Dog's games in the series.

I'd love to see another Daxter from them. On PS3 or NGP.

If they go multiplatform, I'd still like to see a colorful platform/adventure from them at some point.

Yay. Best of luck to all the guys there. Most talented group of guys ever.

I have no idea what it is, but I have some guesses. =)

Really? Really? Really?!

You are a pewp

Corto

flarkminator said:
Yay. Best of luck to all the guys there. Most talented group of guys ever.

I have no idea what it is, but I have some guesses. =)

OK, what are your guesses?

I wonder who the publisher is. Allegedly they had difficulties finding one for this project.

I like what they've done so far. They are one of the companies that I think would really benefit from being acquired by Sony. They do good work, Sony work well with them and Sony would give them the time to work on whatever it is they want to do.

If I had to put a punt on a 3rd party publisher, I'd say THQ. They seem to be snapping up a lot of talent/games lately.

Slime

Banned
Good to see them branching out. They did such a fantastic job with the PSP God of War games that it would be a shame to see their talent squandered on existing IP forever. Can't wait to see what they do on their own.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
flarkminator said:
Barbie horse adventures 2: shit just got horsier

Obviously

If it's an open world then day one.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
I´ve heard something about Ready at Dawn and Nintendo, but thats all.

So Barbie horse adventures 2: shit just got horsier for WII HD, hell freaking yeah.

LiquidMetal14 said:
I wonder if it's Syphon Filter?

Syphon Filter is dead IP, not even the original developer want to touch it anymore, just let it go to forgotten land and rest forever.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Can't Sony just buy them and put them to work on the NGP? Just throw tons of cash on them. They'll recruit and have 2 titles ready at launch. Seems too obvious.

kinoki said:
Can't Sony just buy them and put them to work on the NGP? Just throw tons of cash on them. They'll recruit and have 2 titles ready at launch. Seems too obvious.

Why buy them if they're already going to make games with or without your involvement? Microsoft learned this lesson many a moons ago.

Totobeni said:
Syphon Filter is dead IP, not even the original developer want to touch it anymore, just let it go to forgotten land and rest forever.
Except for the fact that they made 2 Syphon Filter games for the PSP this gen which were both effing AWESOME.

Why would you wish for them to be owned by Sony? I just don't understand that.

RAD is, and most likely always will be, a small tight group of very talented people driving their own destiny, as best one can in the game industry.

One should be throwing out the respect knuckles to that mentality, instead of stating they should be owned by a big publisher.

Shiloa

flarkminator said:
One should be throwing out the respect knuckles to that mentality, instead of stating they should be owned by a big publisher.
Because if owned by Sony, I'd feel that they would actually have better opportunities. Not only to make their games better, but to actually get their games published.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Sipowicz said:
i know it says home console but i seriously hope it's on NGP
You sure love the NGP. You're pimping it pretty much everywhere.

flarkminator said:
Why would you wish for them to be owned by Sony? I just don't understand that.

RAD is, and most likely always will, be a small tight group of very talented people driving their own destiny, as best one can in the game industry.

Agreed.

Top Bottom