• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(WSJ): Next PlayStation revealed Feb 20th and will be coming this year (Xbox too)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Via TheVerge

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/31/3939410/wsj-playstation-orbis-ps4-will-arrive-later-in-2013

Sony said we'd 'see the future' of PlayStation on February 20th, and it appears to be true: The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the company will not only reveal the next PlayStation at the event, but actually put the new video game console on sale later this year. According to the publication's anonymous sources, both the next PlayStation and Microsoft's next game system will compete head to head going into the holiday season.

Though Sony CEO Kaz Hirai and others had originally telegraphed that the next PlayStation might not be ready as soon as the next Xbox, it appears to have been a feint. We may see what the so-called PlayStation Orbis has to offer in as few as three weeks.

Just realized the thread title is poor, sorry. Meant to say Xbox later this year too. Hardly surprising but... *industry sources*

--

@supererogatory 6:57 PM
"Sony is more focused this time on the changes in how users interact with the machine, these people said."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323701904578276672168365276.html

WSJ says the next PlayStation will 'integrate social gaming features'

In a nod to the changes afoot in the industry, Sony is planning to incorporate more social gaming aspects into the new machine, people familiar with the matter said. Also, while hardware improvements were a key focus of past console upgrades, Sony is more focused this time on the changes in how users interact with the machine, these people said.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the company will not only reveal the next PlayStation at the event, but actually put the new video game console on sale later this year.

HOLY SHIT!!!.

EDIT:

Just realized the thread title is poor, sorry. Meant to say Xbox later this year too

tumblr_m4xymm8DQz1qf2hut.gif

Sandfox

If both consoles launch this year its going to come down to who has the best E3, shows off the best exclusives, and launches with the better price.

It's a personal rule of mine to never buy consoles at launch, but can't help but get hyped for new hardware. This generation's long overdue for an upgrade.

If it has BC and a revamped next gen PS+. Definitely getting it, but probably not Day 1. After the first price drop and slim revision

TwIsTeD

the only surprising thing about next gen this year is an announcement in 20 days....we all knew this was coming hahaha...its about damn time

Bgamer90

Banned
Dude...

I'm going to spend more money on video games this year than any other year that I've been alive.

My body is ready.

Didn't the Gamecube and the original Xbox launch on virtually the same day? It's the only comparison I can think of, but this is even bigger.

I'll be buying both, but based on what we know so far I'm more excited about the PS4 (the the 360 has been my console of choice).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Next-Gen is taking too long

3zqXF.jpg

Time to start burning some of this off already!

Sandfox

Didn't the Gamecube and the original Xbox launch on virtually the same day? It's the only comparison I can think of, but this is even bigger.

I'll be buying both, but based on what we know so far I'm more excited about the PS4 (the the 360 has been my console of choice).

The Wii and PS3 launched two days apart in the US.

rockx4

I'm guessing $399 for a base model and up to $499 for the high end. I think $399 is my max unless there are some really really really amazing games at launch. I wonder how far apart both consoles will release.

Sony gets my money first this time around. I'm going to wait for MS to prove to me they still care about games.... like games games.

Top Bottom