• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up4: FFX/X-2 HD]

Amir0x

Banned
Which one may i ask?

My "Age of Sony" is done post, made when FFXIII exclusivity was lost. My point was referencing the symbolic aspect of FFXIII being the last major third party exclusive they had, and they then lost it. It was symbolic of every franchise they had lost exclusivity of, and represented the low point to me of Sony's future standing given what had come before with the loss of goodwill between them and the community. But of course, they started listening, turned it around, and now are PS4 gangbusters. Clearly, the age of Sony still has at least one more gen ;)

jayu26

Could you put this down to Sony's shift to PS4 having impeached on PS3 software reach? If everyone's busy buying up the new shiny then I'd guess releases for PS3 might suffer.

Are you talking why the split is smaller this time around? I think your reasoing only applies to why it sold less than it's predecessor in total. I don't think your reasoning explains why the split is smaller, because Xbone is also moving software in the US.

Orayn

Also, I'm sure DS2 had a bigger digital push, didn't it?

Yeah, that might be why it was only 51% PS3 at retail.

I guess we also need to consider that the game will be more front-loaded since preorder sales were supposed to have been a lot higher than the first game.

I hope in my heart of hearts that the PC does a decent job of shoring up the numbers when it launches next week. For a game that proved to have a pretty strong PC following, that's not outside the realm of possibility.

Atlas157

It captures the spirit of Yoshi's Island perfectly while doing an excellent job of refining the mechanics. The controls are tighter, the levels feature better platforming setpieces and are more conducive to the game's focus on exploration and finding secrets, and the transformations are handled better. It's really fantastic for fans of the original like me.

I keep trying to like it but I'm not feeling it. Oh well.

Good catch.

Dark Souls shipped 650k in NA in ~29 days.

Dark Souls II sold <350k in 20 days tracked. (I think.)

Depending on sell-through for the first, they seem to be fairly close.
Mr Harker said that DS sold about 200K or so less than Rage in Oct 2011 NPD. Rage did 550K. So yes, basically flat, but in that it suggests some level of growth in the series to offset the end of gen declines that everything is suffering as my soulmod said.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And Titanfall hasn't even had the 360 version come out.

That's going to sell at least something.

Not to mention the PC version's sales don't show up here for the most part.

There are mod wars now?

I am okay with this.

cooltext1526604886.gif

Dang. Microsofts biggest market, their biggest exclusive thus far, great bundles, and yet PS4 still wins. I wonder if this means we'll see a Kinectless SKU soon.

Pre-beatdown

MS: Kinectless XBO?.. FORGET ABOUT IT!!!... that shit is integral to our living room dominating plan!!!

Post-beatdown

MS: Because we like to offer choice to our consumers we will be releasing a stand-alone XBO system in the following weeks with a suggested MSRP of 349.99, available @ retailers as soon as the E3 conference is over.

ANOTHER ONE EIGHTY!!!

TomShoe

Banned
EatChildren stocks his printer with remanufactured ink cartridges.

Don't blame him. I had to give up part of my gall bladder, the third toenail on my left hand, and my limited edition copy of Bowling for Soup's album "The Great Burrito Extortion Case." That's just for black. Can you imagine what Cyan costs?

Orayn

Mr Harker said that DS sold about 200K or so less than Rage in Oct 2011 NPD. Rage did 550K. So yes, basically flat, but in that it suggests some level of growth in the series to offset the end of gen declines that everything is suffering as my soulmod said.

Creamsugar did say <350k, though, with the #6 game being <280k.

So yeah, either completely flat or a slight lead for Dark Souls II.

EDIT: At retail. PS3 digital might be a few tens of thousands?

Top Bottom