• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Anybody have any reports on how long the game is supposed to take? I'm picking up the PS3 MGS pack tomorrow morning (gonna take a bit of personal time at work to run around Nassau looking for it), and want to play all weekend. Then again, I just opened my pool up and it's been scorchingly hot these past few days... :p

It feels kinda stupid to say this but I want to play through ASAP due to spoilers. I didn't read anything about MGS2 before playing it (Christmas the year the game came out), so the whole Raiden thing came as a total surprise.

I wandered out of this thread for a moment and went into the Penny Arcade one. Yikes, don't go in there. I am pleased this thread has remained a celebration zone for Metal Gear, everyone is in a good mood, no party crashers. Lets keep it this way.

jjasper

Lonestar said:
Guy's, it's Jobber. He has his own path he walks. PSO on GTAIV Launch Day comes to mind.... ;P

Can't fault him, he made the right choice on that one.

Edit: I was really hoping for a call from Snake today to let me know I could pick up my preorder, I guess it isn't coming:(

Mromson

djtiesto said:
Anybody have any reports on how long the game is supposed to take? I'm picking up the PS3 MGS pack tomorrow morning (gonna take a bit of personal time at work to run around Nassau looking for it), and want to play all weekend. Then again, I just opened my pool up and it's been scorchingly hot these past few days... :p

It feels kinda stupid to say this but I want to play through ASAP due to spoilers. I didn't read anything about MGS2 before playing it (Christmas the year the game came out), so the whole Raiden thing came as a total surprise.
You should be able to cut through the game in 20hrs or less on the easiest difficulty from what I hear.

dabookerman said:
Nope, that was in the 100s. Seriously. I have almost 40 different GUNS. And there are still a few I need to buy.

Did you completly understand the MGS4 story? were you still confused even though you played all the previous games?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I remember that night. Something like 30 people on my friends list playing GTA4...and Jobber is alone playing PSU. It was kinda hilarious.

careksims

jjasper said:
Can't fault him, he made the right choice on that one.

Edit: I was really hoping for a call from Snake today to let me know I could pick up my preorder, I guess it isn't coming:(

That would be awesome! *bee-deep! bee-deep!* "This is Snake, calling you that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot is ready to be picked up"

djtiesto said:

It takes 2 days to complete it you want to get the story out of the way.
Regarding pure gameplay, there's about an average of 12-15 hours, depending on what pace you play. First time through will take at least 20 hours.
Shit load of replay value this game has, more so than all the other MGS games I think.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamestop.com finally shipped my MGS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man I am excited and I dont even have the game yet!!!!!!!!:D :D :lol :lol

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF TH - PS3 $59.99 Shipped:D

bloody pirate said:
Did you completly understand the MGS4 story? were you still confused even though you played all the previous games?

I understood the mainplot. Some of the sub plots, or the philosophies I had a bit of difficulty with, and also because of the standard twists you get, playing the game again knowing how shit goes down always helps. I'm on my second play through on Big Boss Hard mode, but i'm skipping all the cutscenes. I want to explore the gameplay as much as I can before I go poland on monday for 2 weeks -_-.

Sometime during the summer maybe, I will play through every single MGS game, and see how it all pans out.

dabookerman said:
I understood the mainplot. Some of the sub plots, or the philosophies I had a bit of difficulty with, and also because of the standard twists you get, playing the game again knowing how shit goes down always helps. I'm on my second play through on Big Boss Hard mode, but i'm skipping all the cutscenes. I want to explore the gameplay as much as I can before I go poland on monday for 2 weeks -_-.

Sometime during the summer maybe, I will play through every single MGS game, and see how it all pans out.

Hmm.. I know im going to be confused then... looking forward to it :lol

tfur

AmericanNinja said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamestop.com finally shipped my MGS4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! man I am excited and I dont even have the game yet!!!!!!!!:D :D :lol :lol

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF TH - PS3 $59.99 Shipped:D

hehe... Mine just shipped as well...

tribal24

Banned
why hello there :lol :lol :D :D :D :D my load is about to get blown

mgs4min1.jpg

mgs4min.jpg

see yah next week i think gaf>.>:D :D :D

jjasper

careksims said:
That would be awesome! *bee-deep! bee-deep!* "This is Snake, calling you that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot is ready to be picked up"

Gamestop has done stuff like it before. I am pretty sure Captain Quark called to tell me to come get RCF.

These are my favourite box arts in order from Best to Worst

2aim2hs.jpg

Full of unexplainable Win!

2irtftg.jpg

You will be mine, my precioussss

2h69gll.jpg

Oh How I wish you were my regular box cover, sexy bitch

25pk1gh.jpg

Pretty Hot...And Tempting.

2cxt3k1.jpg

GET BACK IN THE BASEMENT YOU WHORE. YOU DISGUST ME.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet,my ebgames.com order shipped :D Cant wait till tomorrow.

tfur said:
hehe... Mine just shipped as well...

Awesome! I know there were a couple of us that pre-ordered from Gamestop.com and when they took down the street day delivery guarantee from the MGS4 page we got worried lol

They must of just sent them out because when I try to track it at UPS.com it cannot find the number yet.

Nightz said:
At a time like this, forget your friends. You won't be seeing them once you get the game anyway. :lol

HAHA...that's true...but then I wouldn't have a ride...

With that being said...16 horribly long, hair pulling hours to go for me...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
They must of just sent them out because when I try to track it at UPS.com it cannot find the number yet.

Same,it usually takes a few hours for the number to work.

Tom Penny

dabookerman said:
It takes 2 days to complete it you want to get the story out of the way.
Regarding pure gameplay, there's about an average of 12-15 hours, depending on what pace you play. First time through will take at least 20 hours.
Shit load of replay value this game has, more so than all the other MGS games I think.

Did you play it on normal.?I'm thinking of playing it on hard if is available since I've heard the game isn't too difficult. Is that a good idea?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
MiamiWesker said:
I wandered out of this thread for a moment and went into the Penny Arcade one. Yikes, don't go in there. I am pleased this thread has remained a celebration zone for Metal Gear, everyone is in a good mood, no party crashers. Lets keep it this way.
i read it too but if they didn't like the last two metal gears then why take their disappointment with mgs4 thus far to heart? It's not like they've played it.

Besides, I have a feeling they'll both end up liking 4.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
PREMIUM, MGS 4 ARTBOOK INET 1 1 $0.00 Shipped
xxx(1)

PREMIUM, METAL GEAR SOLID 4 DV 1 1 $0.00 Shipped
xxx(1)

METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF TH - PS3 1 1 $84.99 Shipped
xxx(1)

:D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10 hours left... Jesus Christ. I'm off to bed, I can't stand the wait.......

Mromson

darkressurection said:
MG Retrospective Part 6 goes up today right? I hope it goes up soon. I am so bored.
Part 6 of the MG Retrospective will arrive late. ETA is midnight (PST), but it's possible that it'll be even later than that. =/

Tom Penny said:
Did you play it on normal.?I'm thinking of playing it on hard if is available since I've heard the game isn't too difficult. Is that a good idea?

Play it on normal (the default one). Get a feel for the game before jumping straight into hard, it's a very different ball game this one ;p

Hard.. Well, it's pretty hard, more emphasis on stealth, and sneaky tactics.

U K Narayan said:
I really hope that Konami ships my LE bundle, tonight.

I mean, I paid for overnight shipping. It should come... Right?

... Right? :\

...or at least first thing tommorow morning. Sure I won't be able to touch the damn thing till the end of the month, but at least I will be able to rest easier knowing it's waiting for me at home

...have they charged your CC yet?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I went to my lil mom/pop shops today and they had MGS4 there :(

I would have bought it if I didn't have 2 copies of LE @ GS/EB that I have to pick up. I did pick up Dragon Ball Z and Battle Fantasia though.

123rl

Can someone help me, please? I've been wandering around for almost an hour and I'm lost!

I'm here (Act 1):

In Crescent Meridian Square, looking for Liquid's camp. I've just come out of the building after that escape sequence with Meryl and her squad. There's a long road and all four possible exits are blocked off, and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go

123rl said:
Can someone help me, please? I've been wandering around for almost an hour and I'm lost!

I'm here (Act 1):

In Crescent Meridian Square, looking for Liquid's camp. I've just come out of the building after that escape sequence with Meryl and her squad. There's a long road and all four possible exits are blocked off, and I have no idea where I'm supposed to go
Did you check the map :s ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
123rl said:

I'm here (Act 1):

Look for a ladder. Sorry I cant be more specific as I dont have the game now. But I recall there being a ladder near some arch

Sallokin

Can someone tell me about controlling the MKII during the briefing scenes? Is it important that you explore your surroundings or can you just hang out and listen to the briefing. I'm worried that if I dick around too much I'll miss some important story stuff.

AgentOtaku said:
...or at least first thing tommorow morning. Sure I won't be able to touch the damn thing till the end of the month, but at least I will be able to rest easier knowing it's waiting for me at home

...have they charged your CC yet?
Not yet.

My LE copy from GameStop has "shipped" in its status, and my card hasn't been charged yet -- so, take that as you will.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sallokin said:
Can someone tell me about controlling the MKII during the briefing scenes? Is it important that you explore your surroundings or can you just hang out and listen to the briefing. I'm worried that if I dick around too much I'll miss some important story stuff.

Then do it on the second playthrough. And yes, there is stuff to pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom