• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TxK is £3.29 on the EU PSN right now.

txk_01.png

Gameplay

TxK is utterly superb and at £3.29 everyone should give it a go. If I could buy copies for everyone I would. It's a masterpiece of synaesthesia.

The game shines on the Vita screen, plays wonderfully and sucks you into its world effortlessly. It's intense, overwhelming at times. Play with headphones.

Like Tempest 2000? Like Rez? Then you gotta give it a go.

Store link

Sintoid

Bought this game on day one and played it a lot but mostly to understand what's wrong whit it. I think that this time Minter has gone too far. Stages are too complex, after a few levels they start to morph and bend in a way that doesn't fit to the controls (left - turn counterclockwise - right - turn clockwise). The ship is way too big in the screen, you can't see all the stage and too often you get caught by surprise by enemies you can't see. Power up mechanic is stupid, until you get jump you're almost powerless and in too many stages you have the feel you've been lucky to get it.

TxK is one of the greatest letdown until now

Bought this game on day one and played it a lot but mostly to understand what's wrong whit it. I think that this time Minter has gone too far. Stages are too complex, after a few levels they start to morph and bend in a way that doesn't fit to the controls (left - turn counterclockwise - right - turn clockwise). The ship is way too big in the screen, you can't see all the stage and too often you get caught by surprise by enemies you can't see. Power up mechanic is stupid, until you get jump you're almost powerless and in too many stages you have the feel you've been lucky to get it.

TxK is one of the greatest letdown until now

Never had any of these problems.

Did you finish the game?

Honestly, I don't remember. I haven't played in a while.

I should rephrase, though; I found those issues didn't affect me/my enjoyment of the game. They're not illegitimate by any means. I'm not one to undermine your experience of TxK.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Well worth it at this price, and yes the bending levels are annoying.
And keep in mind that you have to get a Game Over for the game to save, so you don't lose your progress.

Shaneus

I do now! Oh please please please have 3D support!
I believe this is all we know. But I only went on a hunch when I stumbled across a tweet from Minter himself on something to do with (I think?) TxKS4. Fake edit: I can't find anything on that, but I did find this tweet from him essentially confirming it. When? Who knows. But god I hope it has 3D or something.

Actual edit: According to this, it was demoed at Play Blackpool last month:
Llamasoft were once again in attendance with their newest iteration of TxK for the PS4 and an Oculus-based shooter

creyas

Anyone know if this will be PS TV compatible? Does it use the touchpad controls or anything that would prevent it working on PS TV?

Doesn't seem like it, just tried it out for a bit for the first time.

Would've never bough it if not for this thread and the recommendations in it, looks real good on dat OLED, soundtrack seems great, perfect for Vita.

Top Bottom