• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Blood Season 7 |OT| The Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
qK1xjrh.png

tGXgk7G.png

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
More than one good season in my opinion.

Hell naw!

I wouldn't go that far.

I'm in it till the end
or if Lafayette dies.

I'm just messing around. I'm trying to exaggerate how much of a drop in quality I think the show's had. Personally, I think the first three seasons are great, but four and after and my head fucking hurts. I really hate what happened to the show.

But I do think the first season is the best.

Winter John

I thought the show was pretty good. I can't remember which season I saw last but it had werewolves and a fairy or something. It seemed to be getting silly at that point

Maxim726X

I'm just messing around. I'm trying to exaggerate how much of a drop in quality I think the show's had. Personally, I think the first three seasons are great, but four and after and my head fucking hurts. I really hate what happened to the show.

I agree with this... I watched a few episodes from the second season during the marathon HBO has been running- It really was a lot better. The writing was a pretty large step up from where it is right now.

But I've come this far, guess I need to see it through to the end...

Judderman

drawer by drawer

tumblr_mr3okwMldC1qa64yjo3_250.gif

Never forget.

This show was fun trash. The last couple of seasons forgot the first part of that. I hope it manages to go out on a campy, trashy high note.

Between this and Big Brother starting on Wednesday, I'm going to be trashing it up for the next two months. I can't wait.

PS. Everyone make sure to watch the Beyoncé snippets that will air before True Blood.

meijiko

Pretty sure most people are just watching it for their favorite characters and/or the sex now.

Team Eric and Team Jessica 4 life

The less clothes they wear, the better.

My guilty pleasure junk food show. <3

Which is saying something considering some of the stuff I watch.

Oh well, one more season! More Eric!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
How many viewers have the last four seasons had? I can't imagine that it's any more than season 4 or something.

It was the highest rated show on HBO until 2013, when Game of Thrones surpassed it.

Seasons three and four averaged around 5 million viewers per episode - five and six averaged 4.5 million. (live+same day - this isn't taking HBO GO, etc. into account)

Even though it has dropped a bit, it's still by far HBO's second biggest show. I'm sort of surprised they didn't try to get another season out of it.

Eh, I still doubt they will do anything.

Why?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Well, as I said, I really dislike what happened to the show. I'd like to see this universe set thousands of years earlier, with vampires first emerging. I guess that should just be an entirely different show then.

It seems like they've gone more in a fan service direction. They always bring people back that they kill like Tara or Eric. None of the main characters die on this show. I doubt that will change, but I thought season 6 was an improvement and hopefully 7 will be good as well.

someday

Banned

I've been sort of watching the marathon and season 4 started last night. I just couldn't...Eric being a child, killing Sookie's fairly godmother, Jason and the werepanthers, just so much awfulness. But, I'm still excited for the final season. The good has always been better than the bad and this will always be one of my favorite popcorn shows.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Getting quite excited
Going in for a clinical trial which involves a week long hospital stay starting Monday so rewatching the last series + new episodes shall be delightful

I've always defended this show, even when most other people thought it had jumped the shark, but last season was quite bad. I hope the show goes out with a strong final season.

I've always defended this show, even when most other people thought it had jumped the shark, but last season was quite bad. I hope the show goes out with a strong final season.

Strange, I thought it was better than the few before it. The fairy stuff was horrible whatever season that was. Who's guest starring this season as the big bad?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It seems like they've gone more in a fan service direction. They always bring people back that they kill like Tara or Eric. None of the main characters die on this show. I doubt that will change, but I thought season 6 was an improvement and hopefully 7 will be good as well.

I don't think you're wrong in that they've been unwilling to kill off major characters in the past, I mean, it's a fact, but I think that because this is the final season, they'll have no problem with killing off a few people.

Plus, one of the producers said that "Heads will roll" this season, so. :p

Last season was way better than the two before it though. Season 5 was definitely the low point of the series.

The fairy stuff was horrible whatever season that was.

4 was the witch/fairy season.

Who's guest starring this season as the big bad?

There are two main villains, as far as we know:

The Figure - "scary, hulking, ugly, mean and crafty … like Leatherface or Jason Voorhees." No word on who his/her actor is.

Mr. Gus - "A Japan native who has fully embraced the ‘everything’s bigger in Texas’ way of living. The character is said to have a “lavish, southern lifestyle” … and is out for revenge." He is played by Will Yun Lee.

And I'm assuming that Sarah Newlin will return (at least I hope she does) so she would make three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom